Page 540 of 662 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 9926

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    As far as I know, aside from Spider-Hunt & Identity Crisis, none of those issues have ever been collected anywhere. I particularly liked the "return of Doc Ock" by DeFalco & Skroce in ASM from the mid-to-late 420s. The DeMatties Spec Spidey issues from that period (late 240s-mid 250s) with the white Rabbit, Kraven's son, Chameleon, etc were particularly well done as well. Fun stories, great art by Luke Ross. Good stuff all around. Even Mackie and JRjr were doing some nice crime noirsh stuff over in PP:SpM.
    I want that whole era of all 4 main titles and Hobgoblin Lives! collected chronologically in big books like the ultimate collections and complete epics, but the SSm run at that time was IMO the best title of the 4. Also, the most recent edition of Hobgoblin Lives TPB (came out last year i think) has the 3 part Goblin at the Gates story from SSM 260-something

got my X-Statix omnibus in the mail today.

Winner of the 1st Annual CBR X-Board Fantasy Football League
    Winner of the 2nd Annual CBR X-Board Fantasy Football League

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I've got Fear Agent 2 on pre-order and was considering getting that Judge Dredd with a gift card, but I've never read Dredd so I'm hesitating.
    I've never read any either, but it seems to contain some of the most reccomended Dredd stories like Cursed Earth and Judge Death plus it's Bolland so the art will be fantastic. Thought it was worth a punt to to check it out.

Finally received Part of my BD order(Manhattan Projects and Marvel:The Untold Story) from November this morning, it's actually been National news here that Bd have been slow delivering books and blaming the local postal service(NZ Post). Then a couple of days later a container-full(12000) of books arrived at Auckland airport. Apparently the carrier that BD uses had them sitting round undelivered to NZ D: NZ Post has guaranteed they're here by Xmas which is great but it's a mighty interesting story. Wonder what delivery will be like post End of the World/Xmas/New Year...

Thinking back to the HUGE omnibuses of the past, such as the Simonson Thor one, with the new thinner paper, doesn't that mean they could technically fit MORE issues into a single omnibus? The binding would be the same width/strength, but could now hold more pages?

I'm thinking towards the proposed Hickman F4/FF and if it would all fit into one book now instead of two. *fingers crossed this even happens.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Thinking back to the HUGE omnibuses of the past, such as the Simonson Thor one, with the new thinner paper, doesn't that mean they could technically fit MORE issues into a single omnibus? The binding would be the same width/strength, but could now hold more pages?

I'm thinking towards the proposed Hickman F4/FF and if it would all fit into one book now instead of two. *fingers crossed this even happens.
    DC/Vertigo's Invisibles had 1500 pages, 59 issues I think? I thought it was manageable, but anymore would be too much.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

I've been trade (omnibus) waiting that one. How many issues is it altogether?

Yeah I mentioned this a while back when 100 Bullets v1 released, it fit 500 odd pages into something the size of a regular OHC. If they could do the same pages in Omnibus size you'd be looking at 1500 pages in something the same size as current 900-1000 page Omnis.

Don't think F4/Ff could fit in one Omni thought, it's almost 2000 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I've been trade (omnibus) waiting that one. How many issues is it altogether?
    Hickman's run consists of Fantastic Four 570-588 (19 issues) + 600-612 (13 issues) + FF 1-23 (23 issues) so 55 issues total which would be borderline size for an Omni based off of past history. Also #600 was oversized so that adds to the # of pages.

Formerly GarbageMan

Hickman's run consists of Fantastic Four 570-588 (19 issues) + 600-612 (13 issues) + FF 1-23 (23 issues) so 55 issues total which would be borderline size for an Omni based off of past history. Also #600 was oversized so that adds to the # of pages.
    It could work. But didn't Hickman say that there was to be two of them in an interview not too long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    It could work. But didn't Hickman say that there was to be two of them in an interview not too long ago?
    He was pretty vague, I think he said there might be "one or two", something like that.
    Heck they could throw in the Dark Reign FF mini, which was Hickman's first stab at the FF, that's another 5 issues. That'd bring it up to 60 issues. Simonson's Thor was about 50 issues I believe.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Cool, thanks. Yeah, that's definitely a 2 volume book for me. It could fit in one volume, especially with the thinner paper but I would much prefer 2 comfortable volumes.

This is virtually identical to the reason McFarlane became so popular on Spidey. There is no comparison to Todd & the artists who preceded him: Alex Saviuk, Sal Buscema, JRjr with a host of inkers doing finishes, Jim Mooney, Al Milgrom, Alan Kupperberg, etc. McFarlane's style was so fresh and popped off the page, that it made everyone who had come before look pedestrian.

Sure JRjr and Frenz did a fine job and Mike Zeck (a few fill in issues + Kraven's Last Hunt) was great, but those were all by-and-large still done in the classic "Marvel house" style. McFarlane broke that mold completely and totally redefined the way Spidey looked for a whole new generation. Shortly thereafter Liefeld was doing his thing on NM, and Lee got the regular art gig on UXM and the holy trinity of late '80s/early '90s artists was complete.
    I enjoyed Marvel's house style back then and was turned off by the highly stylized comics that started during the latter half of the 80's. I grew up learning to draw using Buscema's "How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way", so I didn't mind JRjr's work on Spider-Man even if he never could hold a candle to his father's legacy. I never once bought a McFarlane off the spinner rack as a kid because it just didn't appeal to me.

We will no doubt get the Hickman Omni for the film that's coming up.

Lets speculate. What omni's per film

So we have

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Thor 2

Captain America 2

X men days of futures past

The avengers 2

Guardians of the Galaxy

Antman

And fantastic four.

So what so we all think will will get with each film release ?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    We will no doubt get the Hickman Omni for the film that's coming up.

Lets speculate. What omni's per film

So we have

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Thor 2

Captain America 2

X men days of futures past

The avengers 2

Guardians of the Galaxy

Antman

And fantastic four.

So what so we all think will will get with each film release ?
    Did one of these a while back but it's now largely irrelevant as we are only getting one Iron man Omnibus and no Wolverine Omnibus for the next two films out. Compare that to the three Omnis we got previously per film and something has definitely changed from Marvels perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Did one of these a while back but it's now largely irrelevant as we are only getting one Iron man Omnibus and no Wolverine Omnibus for the next two films out. Compare that to the three Omnis we got previously per film and something has definitely changed from Marvels perspective.
    Ah I didn't realise. You make a good point about those only having one between them.

I hope we get a few for spidey.

And a couple for x men.