Page 497 of 662 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 9926

Here is a link to $5 of a $25 order at Amazon by linking your Facebook for anyone interested enough to sell your soul.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/socialmedia...ns/holiday5off

I used it to order Criminal vol. 2. Excluding this purchase, my last OHC/omnibus was DoSM and Spider-men last month. My next one, Divided We Fall, is in February. That is a pretty big void.

Quote Originally Posted by PandemicF View Post
    Here is a link to $5 of a $25 order at Amazon by linking your Facebook for anyone interested enough to sell your soul.

I used it to order Criminal vol. 2. Excluding this purchase, my last OHC/omnibus was DoSM and Spider-men last month. My next one, Divided We Fall, is in February. That is a pretty big void.
    Good heads up. They had one of these before Black Friday and the number of discounts went quickly.

Was about to post the same deal. Good stuff. Walking Dead Compendium 2 for $29 shipped? Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    I totally passed on the Origin OHC and I wish that I had bought it when it came out a few years back. My first OHC was either Bruce Jones' Hulk or New X-Men by Grant Morrison Vol. 1. I was hooked, but only because I was able to read an entire story in one, large book. I knew those signaled the beginning of something new and great and I was right. A decade later, and we've got OHCs, HCs, TPBs and omnibuses, which spawned this wonderful thread. At one point, retailers who had ordered these books were unable to sell them and I got many of my OHCs -- like Ultimate Marvel Team-Up -- at half off of cover price.
    And, although I was buying them, I still loved TPBs more, because they were easier to tote around and much easier to handle when I was reading while sitting down to lunch. There for awhile, when a new OHC or PHC came out, I would wait until it went into TPB to buy it. IN later years, I had to go back and purchase those HCs to fill in my collection.
    The primary reason why I even purchased Origin in the hardcover format was that the first 3 individual issues were at skyrocket prices of anywhere from $20 to $50 as I can recall, and I had missed the initial launch due to being unable to get to the comic shop for a few months near the end of 2001/early 2002. I did not have your foresight on the changes to come with comics, for me it had just been a convenient way to gather an overpriced mini-series for a fraction of the cost compared to the monthly first prints. Back then I was all about the monthlies, not paying much attention to the trade format, and for years it was an oddity to me having just that one hardcover in a longbox with other X-Men books (I did not have the bookshelf space setup then).

And I agree with softcover tpb's being much easier to read and transport. I used to have an aversion to them but over time have grown to enjoy the format especially since now some books only get traded in that format, like X-Factor for instance. And on the notion of you mentioning passing on the premiere hardcover to wait for the tpb, the one bonus I see now with X-Factor moving to tpb format only is that the wait to read it has been greatly reduced. And while this is cool in terms of cutting down the waiting period, I can understand how the people that bought the first 15 volumes in hardcover format would be quite upset with the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Very nice collection you have there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    BEAUTIFUL! organizing them by size does make a difference
    Thanks for the kind words! I prefer to organize the books along the shelves by separating between the OHC's and the premiere hardcovers when at all possible. I just try to be careful with weight distribution and offset accordingly so it doesn't all come crashing down.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    LOL. This thread seems to be going through the Seven Stages of Omnibus Grief right now.

From "What will be solicited next?" to "Why the hell does Marvel not publish more Omnis, especially UXM 2, dammit?" to "I'm sure there won't be an UXM 2 anymore."
    After Marvel cancels the omnibus and OHC lines, are we all just going to go into comics binding? (and convert the thread topic accordingly)
    Last edited by studioremark; 12-05-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    Reviews, Adventures, Advice, and Creative Works:

http://www.studioremarkable.com/

I got to talk to Rick Remender earlier tonight to see if we could get an Uncanny X-Force omnibus. He told me like in a year from now. He said something like how the shops need sell out the trades/hcs so that way they can turn it into an omnibus.
    Winner of the 1st Annual CBR X-Board Fantasy Football League
    Winner of the 2nd Annual CBR X-Board Fantasy Football League

Quote Originally Posted by THE KZA View Post
    I got to talk to Rick Remender earlier tonight to see if we could get an Uncanny X-Force omnibus. He told me like in a year from now. He said something like how the shops need sell out the trades/hcs so that way they can turn it into an omnibus.
    But what about those of us not buying the HCs/TPBs because we want an Omnibus! Damn it! The circle may never break!

In other news, Barnes and Noble has a 20% coupon for non-members hitting email inboxes. Might be of some use to someone. Good online and in store. Codes are unique though so if you post yours online, its as good as gone.

Quote Originally Posted by PandemicF View Post

US only FYI

Sweet, that's probably early as it hasn't even finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    US only FYI
    ?

It worked fine for me. I haven't decided do i want to order the Green Arrow Jack Kirby Omnibus, but when i checked the shipping and everything it gave me the 6€ discount.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Ok, bombshell time......It is no secret I went nuts buying Omnibuses and OHC's the past two years since I got back into comics since the Diamond - Amazon / B&N glitch.

The problem is I just have too many books and not enough free time to read everything. Also with space becoming a big issue I made the decision a little awhile back to sell off the OHC's. So what was once over 100 OHC's is down to just a handful of keepers.

On the Omnibus front I am not liking the thinner paper in the recent omnibus releases either (gives it a cheaper feel to it) and the time has come to become "Omnibus Light" as the quest to own them all is over. I will be all over the Grade A future releases like Uncanny Vol 2, FF Byrne Vol 2 etc…. but for titles like The Stand and Marvel Zomnibus I just cannot pull the trigger on them. (Minus a nice price glitch of course )

These days I am getting more comics read on my Ipad than at home with an omnibus. When you commute by train it just comes in so handy to have a few on there.

So I may be a watered down version of myself but I will still be looking out for deals and Omnibus news.
    I'm right there with you. With about 30 boxes of omnibuses and OHCs, I knew I had to start thinning the hoard somewhat. I've sold off nearly all my doubles, triples and quadruples and have emptied about six boxes, so far. Heck, I even sold off stuff like FF2, ASM1 and others that were hitting some high prices because I'm never going to read those again and making a nice profit on them was kinda nice.
    There haven't been any new releases that really excite me. I'm going to buy the Layton Iron Man when it comes out, but it's not something I'm super excited about.

On the UXM2: I'm about ready to sell UXM1 and going with the MMWs. I wonder if we will ever get volume 2.

Formerly GarbageMan

Which makes complete sense. We probably won't get a solicit until the last tpb drops in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    Money and reality.

This year, I sold Daredevil Bendis Omni 1 & 2 and Daredevil Brubaker Omni 1 & 2 for $300, $100, $180, and $90 respectively.

I then bought the six Ultimate Collection volumes on Amazon for about $115 and had the same exact content.

The extra $550 (or $500 with fees) was worth trading in the cardboard covers. And I have a ton more room now.

As long as I have the issues in nice, taken-care off book form, that's all that matters to me. Personally, I fell out of the "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" Omni phase in early 2012. At least for stuff that is easily obtainable in book form, such as New X-Men Ultimate Collection, or the Ultimate Spider-Man HCs I already had.

Stuff like New X-Men reprint, Ultimate Spider-Man reprint, etc has no meaning to me. I even unloaded my Uncanny Omnibus Omni for $275, and that book was at one point one that I would NEVER, EVER sell. I've got the original issues and only need one more Masterworks HC to have them in that form.

I still love the stuff that is hardcover exclusive, i.e. Man-Thing Omnibus, Fatal Attractions HC, Zero Tolerance, etc. Even Avengers: The Crossing (which is a terrible 616 story but a very entertaining 90's "What If...?" book if you read it that way) is nice to have all together in one book.

But if they decided to release Fatal Attraction in two soft-covers and it was OOP and worth, say $120? Sold.

The breaking point may have been the AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS. The softcovers have the WHOLE STORY. The damn Omnibus left out several chapters, some were fluff pieces, but some were VITAL, such as the X-Chronicles issues they left out.

I'd rather be a fan and have the entire story in softcover than a zombie who buys the AOA Omni because I "have to have them all" --- and that opened my eyes.
    Yeah, I just bought the Brubaker DDs in the ultimate collections and am working on Bendis DDs, and when I have those, the omnibuses will go up for sale. There's too much cash to be made off of some of these books to NOT sell.

Quote Originally Posted by studioremark View Post
    After Marvel cancels the omnibus and OHC lines, are we all just going to go into comics binding? (and convert the thread topic accordingly)
    No. When Marvel kills the omnibus and OHC lines, I'm just going to stop buying Marvel books. Binding old, yellowed newsprint into hardcovers holds no interest for me.

Amazon just cancelled my pre-order for the SHIELD: The Human Machine OHC and is no longer accepting new pre-orders. Bummer. Hopefully the series gets finished soon, as a few other posters alluded to.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Ok, bombshell time......It is no secret I went nuts buying Omnibuses and OHC's the past two years since I got back into comics since the Diamond - Amazon / B&N glitch.

The problem is I just have too many books and not enough free time to read everything. Also with space becoming a big issue I made the decision a little awhile back to sell off the OHC's. So what was once over 100 OHC's is down to just a handful of keepers.

On the Omnibus front I am not liking the thinner paper in the recent omnibus releases either (gives it a cheaper feel to it) and the time has come to become "Omnibus Light" as the quest to own them all is over. I will be all over the Grade A future releases like Uncanny Vol 2, FF Byrne Vol 2 etc…. but for titles like The Stand and Marvel Zomnibus I just cannot pull the trigger on them. (Minus a nice price glitch of course )

These days I am getting more comics read on my Ipad than at home with an omnibus. When you commute by train it just comes in so handy to have a few on there.

So I may be a watered down version of myself but I will still be looking out for deals and Omnibus news.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!!