Page 494 of 662 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 9926

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    SHIELD no6 has been written but Weaver hasn't finished drawing it, sounds like he might fit it in after his avengers issues so could be at least 3 months away from solicit.
    I just wanted to see if I had this right... Amazon lists an OHC (I think it is an OHC?) for Shield: The Human Machine. Is that v2?
    Reviews, Adventures, Advice, and Creative Works:

http://www.studioremarkable.com/

Quote Originally Posted by studioremark View Post
    I just wanted to see if I had this right... Amazon lists an OHC (I think it is an OHC?) for Shield: The Human Machine. Is that v2?
    Correct. "Architects of Forever" is vol. 1.
    Vol 2 is "the Human Machine" and has been solicited forever but due to delays its timeframe keep getting pushed back on Amazon, but that time listed is still way wrong, as #'s 5 & 6 haven't even been released yet.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyforum View Post
    How is the quality on the Bendis Avengers OHCs as compared to the omnibus? Hows the gutter loss? Thanks.
    I assume you are talking about New Avengers.

Its interesting, the OSHC have sturdier and better quality paper with glued binding. The omnibus has flimsier paper and its sewn binding.
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post

Its interesting, the OSHC have sturdier and better quality paper with glued binding. The omnibus has flimsier paper and its sewn binding.
    With some of the recent discussions around Marvel using ever-thinner paper on the omnibus books, can someone confirm if that was also the case with the "Man-Thing" omnibus?

Having not purchased any recent omnibi, I'm trying to understand if the thinner paper has only been used on certain books or if that is the new standard that we should expect on new releases. My next purchase will be the upcoming "Iron Man" and I'd be disappointed if it was printed on problematic paper.
    Reviews, Adventures, Advice, and Creative Works:

http://www.studioremarkable.com/

With some of the recent discussions around Marvel using ever-thinner paper on the omnibus books, can someone confirm if that was also the case with the "Man-Thing" omnibus?

Having not purchased any recent omnibi, I'm trying to understand if the thinner paper has only been used on certain books or if that is the new standard that we should expect on new releases. My next purchase will be the upcoming "Iron Man" and I'd be disappointed if it was printed on problematic paper.
    Starting to feel like the new standard. I flipped through the Death Of Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus and it felt like the thinnest yet.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Starting to feel like the new standard. I flipped through the Death Of Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus and it felt like the thinnest yet.
    Which doesn't help, since that book is pretty thin to begin with!

Yarr, it was supposed to be out in November but now its at least 6 months away if 5 and 6 come out in 3 months time.

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post

I've heard that the paper is thinner, but does that actually affect anything? Is it less shiny, are the colors different on it or is it simply thinner paper?

Ok, bombshell time......It is no secret I went nuts buying Omnibuses and OHC's the past two years since I got back into comics since the Diamond - Amazon / B&N glitch.

The problem is I just have too many books and not enough free time to read everything. Also with space becoming a big issue I made the decision a little awhile back to sell off the OHC's. So what was once over 100 OHC's is down to just a handful of keepers.

On the Omnibus front I am not liking the thinner paper in the recent omnibus releases either (gives it a cheaper feel to it) and the time has come to become "Omnibus Light" as the quest to own them all is over. I will be all over the Grade A future releases like Uncanny Vol 2, FF Byrne Vol 2 etc…. but for titles like The Stand and Marvel Zomnibus I just cannot pull the trigger on them. (Minus a nice price glitch of course )

These days I am getting more comics read on my Ipad than at home with an omnibus. When you commute by train it just comes in so handy to have a few on there.

So I may be a watered down version of myself but I will still be looking out for deals and Omnibus news.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Ok, bombshell time......It is no secret I went nuts buying Omnibuses and OHC's the past two years since I got back into comics since the Diamond - Amazon / B&N glitch.

The problem is I just have too many books and not enough free time to read everything. Also with space becoming a big issue I made the decision a little awhile back to sell off the OHC's. So what was once over 100 OHC's is down to just a handful of keepers.

On the Omnibus front I am not liking the thinner paper in the recent omnibus releases either (gives it a cheaper feel to it) and the time has come to become "Omnibus Light" as the quest to own them all is over. I will be all over the Grade A future releases like Uncanny Vol 2, FF Byrne Vol 2 etc…. but for titles like The Stand and Marvel Zomnibus I just cannot pull the trigger on them. (Minus a nice price glitch of course )

These days I am getting more comics read on my Ipad than at home with an omnibus. When you commute by train it just comes in so handy to have a few on there.

So I may be a watered down version of myself but I will still be looking out for deals and Omnibus news.
    RIP Omnibus Classic...long live Omnibus Light!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post

Good for you! Gotta do what makes you happy. I'm getting a bit burned out on the Omni's myself. There just haven't been many "great! gotta have it!" releases for me the last year. Basically since around the Spidey McFarlane & Byrne FF volumes. I'm considering selling off some of my horde again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Good for you! Gotta do what makes you happy. I'm getting a bit burned out on the Omni's myself. There just haven't been many "great! gotta have it!" releases for me the last year. Basically since around the Spidey McFarlane & Byrne FF volumes. I'm considering selling off some of my horde again as well.
    exactly my thoughts. This whole Man Thing/Zomnibus/Stand/New X men reprint phase has been BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

but why consider selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Squallid Snake View Post
    Money and reality.

This year, I sold Daredevil Bendis Omni 1 & 2 and Daredevil Brubaker Omni 1 & 2 for $300, $100, $180, and $90 respectively.

I then bought the six Ultimate Collection volumes on Amazon for about $115 and had the same exact content.

The extra $550 (or $500 with fees) was worth trading in the cardboard covers. And I have a ton more room now.

As long as I have the issues in nice, taken-care off book form, that's all that matters to me. Personally, I fell out of the "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" Omni phase in early 2012. At least for stuff that is easily obtainable in book form, such as New X-Men Ultimate Collection, or the Ultimate Spider-Man HCs I already had.

Stuff like New X-Men reprint, Ultimate Spider-Man reprint, etc has no meaning to me. I even unloaded my Uncanny Omnibus Omni for $275, and that book was at one point one that I would NEVER, EVER sell. I've got the original issues and only need one more Masterworks HC to have them in that form.

I still love the stuff that is hardcover exclusive, i.e. Man-Thing Omnibus, Fatal Attractions HC, Zero Tolerance, etc. Even Avengers: The Crossing (which is a terrible 616 story but a very entertaining 90's "What If...?" book if you read it that way) is nice to have all together in one book.

But if they decided to release Fatal Attraction in two soft-covers and it was OOP and worth, say $120? Sold.

The breaking point may have been the AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS. The softcovers have the WHOLE STORY. The damn Omnibus left out several chapters, some were fluff pieces, but some were VITAL, such as the X-Chronicles issues they left out.

I'd rather be a fan and have the entire story in softcover than a zombie who buys the AOA Omni because I "have to have them all" --- and that opened my eyes.
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 12-04-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squallid Snake View Post
    exactly my thoughts. This whole Man Thing/Zomnibus/Stand/New X men reprint phase has been BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But the new print of New X-Men is sewn as opposed to the original which is glued so that's an improvement right?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    But the new print of New X-Men is sewn as opposed to the original which is glued so that's an improvement right?
    Think it's more to do with the fact that they reprinted an existing book instead of giving fans something they'd been clamouring after for years.

Like UXM2.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum_Valentino View Post
    Think it's more to do with the fact that they reprinted an existing book instead of giving fans something they'd been clamouring after for years.

Like UXM2.
    You say this as if 30% of this thread isn't posts clamouring for reprints of various volumes.