Page 494 of 662 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 9926
  1. #7396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    SHIELD no6 has been written but Weaver hasn't finished drawing it, sounds like he might fit it in after his avengers issues so could be at least 3 months away from solicit.
    I just wanted to see if I had this right... Amazon lists an OHC (I think it is an OHC?) for Shield: The Human Machine. Is that v2?
    Reviews, Adventures, Advice, and Creative Works:

    http://www.studioremarkable.com/

  2. #7397
    Senior Member Rimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studioremark View Post
    I just wanted to see if I had this right... Amazon lists an OHC (I think it is an OHC?) for Shield: The Human Machine. Is that v2?
    Correct. "Architects of Forever" is vol. 1.
    Vol 2 is "the Human Machine" and has been solicited forever but due to delays its timeframe keep getting pushed back on Amazon, but that time listed is still way wrong, as #'s 5 & 6 haven't even been released yet.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

  3. #7398
    Senior Member merrick97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyforum View Post
    How is the quality on the Bendis Avengers OHCs as compared to the omnibus? Hows the gutter loss? Thanks.
    I assume you are talking about New Avengers.

    Its interesting, the OSHC have sturdier and better quality paper with glued binding. The omnibus has flimsier paper and its sewn binding.
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

    If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

  4. #7399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    I assume you are talking about New Avengers.

    Its interesting, the OSHC have sturdier and better quality paper with glued binding. The omnibus has flimsier paper and its sewn binding.
    With some of the recent discussions around Marvel using ever-thinner paper on the omnibus books, can someone confirm if that was also the case with the "Man-Thing" omnibus?

    Having not purchased any recent omnibi, I'm trying to understand if the thinner paper has only been used on certain books or if that is the new standard that we should expect on new releases. My next purchase will be the upcoming "Iron Man" and I'd be disappointed if it was printed on problematic paper.
    Reviews, Adventures, Advice, and Creative Works:

    http://www.studioremarkable.com/

  5. #7400
    Junior Member csista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studioremark View Post
    With some of the recent discussions around Marvel using ever-thinner paper on the omnibus books, can someone confirm if that was also the case with the "Man-Thing" omnibus?

    Having not purchased any recent omnibi, I'm trying to understand if the thinner paper has only been used on certain books or if that is the new standard that we should expect on new releases. My next purchase will be the upcoming "Iron Man" and I'd be disappointed if it was printed on problematic paper.
    Starting to feel like the new standard. I flipped through the Death Of Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus and it felt like the thinnest yet.

  6. #7401
    Formerly GarbageMan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Starting to feel like the new standard. I flipped through the Death Of Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus and it felt like the thinnest yet.
    Which doesn't help, since that book is pretty thin to begin with!

  7. #7402
    Senior Member NZ_InFerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studioremark View Post
    I just wanted to see if I had this right... Amazon lists an OHC (I think it is an OHC?) for Shield: The Human Machine. Is that v2?
    Yarr, it was supposed to be out in November but now its at least 6 months away if 5 and 6 come out in 3 months time.

    Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    I assume you are talking about New Avengers.

    Its interesting, the OSHC have sturdier and better quality paper with glued binding. The omnibus has flimsier paper and its sewn binding.
    I've heard that the paper is thinner, but does that actually affect anything? Is it less shiny, are the colors different on it or is it simply thinner paper?

  8. #7403
    Senior Member Omnibus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Ok, bombshell time......It is no secret I went nuts buying Omnibuses and OHC's the past two years since I got back into comics since the Diamond - Amazon / B&N glitch.

    The problem is I just have too many books and not enough free time to read everything. Also with space becoming a big issue I made the decision a little awhile back to sell off the OHC's. So what was once over 100 OHC's is down to just a handful of keepers.

    On the Omnibus front I am not liking the thinner paper in the recent omnibus releases either (gives it a cheaper feel to it) and the time has come to become "Omnibus Light" as the quest to own them all is over. I will be all over the Grade A future releases like Uncanny Vol 2, FF Byrne Vol 2 etc…. but for titles like The Stand and Marvel Zomnibus I just cannot pull the trigger on them. (Minus a nice price glitch of course )

    These days I am getting more comics read on my Ipad than at home with an omnibus. When you commute by train it just comes in so handy to have a few on there.

    So I may be a watered down version of myself but I will still be looking out for deals and Omnibus news.

  9. #7404
    Junior Member Jelybely8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Ok, bombshell time......It is no secret I went nuts buying Omnibuses and OHC's the past two years since I got back into comics since the Diamond - Amazon / B&N glitch.

    The problem is I just have too many books and not enough free time to read everything. Also with space becoming a big issue I made the decision a little awhile back to sell off the OHC's. So what was once over 100 OHC's is down to just a handful of keepers.

    On the Omnibus front I am not liking the thinner paper in the recent omnibus releases either (gives it a cheaper feel to it) and the time has come to become "Omnibus Light" as the quest to own them all is over. I will be all over the Grade A future releases like Uncanny Vol 2, FF Byrne Vol 2 etc…. but for titles like The Stand and Marvel Zomnibus I just cannot pull the trigger on them. (Minus a nice price glitch of course )

    These days I am getting more comics read on my Ipad than at home with an omnibus. When you commute by train it just comes in so handy to have a few on there.

    So I may be a watered down version of myself but I will still be looking out for deals and Omnibus news.
    RIP Omnibus Classic...long live Omnibus Light!

  10. #7405
    Senior Member grahamgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Ok, bombshell time......It is no secret I went nuts buying Omnibuses and OHC's the past two years since I got back into comics since the Diamond - Amazon / B&N glitch.

    The problem is I just have too many books and not enough free time to read everything. Also with space becoming a big issue I made the decision a little awhile back to sell off the OHC's. So what was once over 100 OHC's is down to just a handful of keepers.

    On the Omnibus front I am not liking the thinner paper in the recent omnibus releases either (gives it a cheaper feel to it) and the time has come to become "Omnibus Light" as the quest to own them all is over. I will be all over the Grade A future releases like Uncanny Vol 2, FF Byrne Vol 2 etc…. but for titles like The Stand and Marvel Zomnibus I just cannot pull the trigger on them. (Minus a nice price glitch of course )

    These days I am getting more comics read on my Ipad than at home with an omnibus. When you commute by train it just comes in so handy to have a few on there.

    So I may be a watered down version of myself but I will still be looking out for deals and Omnibus news.
    Good for you! Gotta do what makes you happy. I'm getting a bit burned out on the Omni's myself. There just haven't been many "great! gotta have it!" releases for me the last year. Basically since around the Spidey McFarlane & Byrne FF volumes. I'm considering selling off some of my horde again as well.

  11. #7406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Good for you! Gotta do what makes you happy. I'm getting a bit burned out on the Omni's myself. There just haven't been many "great! gotta have it!" releases for me the last year. Basically since around the Spidey McFarlane & Byrne FF volumes. I'm considering selling off some of my horde again as well.
    exactly my thoughts. This whole Man Thing/Zomnibus/Stand/New X men reprint phase has been BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    but why consider selling?

  12. #7407
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norwalk, CT
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squallid Snake View Post
    but why consider selling?
    Money and reality.

    This year, I sold Daredevil Bendis Omni 1 & 2 and Daredevil Brubaker Omni 1 & 2 for $300, $100, $180, and $90 respectively.

    I then bought the six Ultimate Collection volumes on Amazon for about $115 and had the same exact content.

    The extra $550 (or $500 with fees) was worth trading in the cardboard covers. And I have a ton more room now.

    As long as I have the issues in nice, taken-care off book form, that's all that matters to me. Personally, I fell out of the "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" Omni phase in early 2012. At least for stuff that is easily obtainable in book form, such as New X-Men Ultimate Collection, or the Ultimate Spider-Man HCs I already had.

    Stuff like New X-Men reprint, Ultimate Spider-Man reprint, etc has no meaning to me. I even unloaded my Uncanny Omnibus Omni for $275, and that book was at one point one that I would NEVER, EVER sell. I've got the original issues and only need one more Masterworks HC to have them in that form.

    I still love the stuff that is hardcover exclusive, i.e. Man-Thing Omnibus, Fatal Attractions HC, Zero Tolerance, etc. Even Avengers: The Crossing (which is a terrible 616 story but a very entertaining 90's "What If...?" book if you read it that way) is nice to have all together in one book.

    But if they decided to release Fatal Attraction in two soft-covers and it was OOP and worth, say $120? Sold.

    The breaking point may have been the AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS. The softcovers have the WHOLE STORY. The damn Omnibus left out several chapters, some were fluff pieces, but some were VITAL, such as the X-Chronicles issues they left out.

    I'd rather be a fan and have the entire story in softcover than a zombie who buys the AOA Omni because I "have to have them all" --- and that opened my eyes.
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 12-04-2012 at 02:11 PM.

  13. #7408
    Junior Member Drakul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squallid Snake View Post
    exactly my thoughts. This whole Man Thing/Zomnibus/Stand/New X men reprint phase has been BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    but why consider selling?
    But the new print of New X-Men is sewn as opposed to the original which is glued so that's an improvement right?

  14. #7409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    But the new print of New X-Men is sewn as opposed to the original which is glued so that's an improvement right?
    Think it's more to do with the fact that they reprinted an existing book instead of giving fans something they'd been clamouring after for years.

    Like UXM2.

  15. #7410
    Senior Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum_Valentino View Post
    Think it's more to do with the fact that they reprinted an existing book instead of giving fans something they'd been clamouring after for years.

    Like UXM2.
    You say this as if 30% of this thread isn't posts clamouring for reprints of various volumes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •