Page 492 of 662 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 9926
  1. #7366
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nthompson182 View Post
    Definitely. I've grabbed Bishop's Crossing, X-Tinction Agenda, Mutant Gensis 2.0, X-Cutioner's Song and Supernovas in the last month and they are such awesome books. They look great on a shelf together and they have so many great bonuses. You can get most of them really cheap on Amazon too.
    I've put those on my Wishlist, let's see if i'll go shopping on January/February for those. =)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  2. #7367
    Senior Member merrick97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samoth View Post
    I just bought a near mint Alias Omnibus on Ebay at 75€.

    Do you think that's a good deal?
    It doesn't matter what we think!

    Do YOU think you got a good deal?

    Did you REALLY want it?
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

    If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

  3. #7368
    Senior Member merrick97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkaman Blade View Post
    It currently starts at $205 brand new on Amazon and cheapgraphicnovels is charging $300 for the Miller cover so it would appear that you made out pretty well on the Wolverine omnibus.
    Amazon is about as poor a judge of what something is worth.

    Amazon prices for OOP items are always quite a bit higher than what it should go for on ebay.
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

    If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

  4. #7369
    Senior Member Tekkaman Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Considering I bought mine with the Miller cover for $56 last year fom CGN and that its a good, but not great book--I'd say you overpaid. But it's your money to spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    Amazon is about as poor a judge of what something is worth.

    Amazon prices for OOP items are always quite a bit higher than what it should go for on ebay.
    You are both right and I cannot say I disagree with either of your points. I just threw the Amazon average price out there to contrast it with the cheapgraphicnovels price which was alarmingly overpriced to me and had forgotten to even consider checking ebay before replying.

    Personally I have never paid cover price or a even higher dollar amount for an omnibus, but if it's something you really want to add to the collection as KZA clearly did then more power to them!

  5. #7370

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Samoth View Post
    I just bought a near mint Alias Omnibus on Ebay at 75�.

    Do you think that's a good deal?
    Someone had posted earlier in this thread that a comicshop had an order form for a new printing. So if true you may have been able to get a sewn version cheaper. However, if the second print doesn't happen, I'd personally be happy with that price. As merrick said though, price fairness is very subjective.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!!

  6. #7371
    Senior Member Tekkaman Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Since I started posting on the boards again I realized that I have never displayed any pictures of my modest sized collection of Marvel hardcovers and trades.

    The first oversized hardcover from Marvel that I ever purchased was Origin back when it was released in 2002 but I did not warm up to purchasing hardcovers and tpb's on a more regular basis until around 2007.






  7. #7372
    Senior Member Tekkaman Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    And the rest of it all save for Avengers vs X-Men which I am waiting on a replacement copy to arrive in the mail soon.






  8. #7373
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Danville, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    I totally passed on the Origin OHC and I wish that I had bought it when it came out a few years back. My first OHC was either Bruce Jones' Hulk or New X-Men by Grant Morrison Vol. 1. I was hooked, but only because I was able to read an entire story in one, large book. I knew those signaled the beginning of something new and great and I was right. A decade later, and we've got OHCs, HCs, TPBs and omnibuses, which spawned this wonderful thread. At one point, retailers who had ordered these books were unable to sell them and I got many of my OHCs -- like Ultimate Marvel Team-Up -- at half off of cover price.
    And, although I was buying them, I still loved TPBs more, because they were easier to tote around and much easier to handle when I was reading while sitting down to lunch. There for awhile, when a new OHC or PHC came out, I would wait until it went into TPB to buy it. IN later years, I had to go back and purchase those HCs to fill in my collection.
    And, a short note:
    I just wanted to let everyone know that despite the fact that BAM is no longer getting the OHC, HC and TPB cutouts from Marvel, they are getting long boxes of back issues to sell for a buck apiece. Wow, what is happening to the book stores?

  9. #7374
    Junior Member Drakul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Very nice collection you have there.

    Which make me realize, Krisis, I see you list is missing some of the more recent XMen OHC like Bishop and the Punisher MAX (Also USM). Have those been released since October or did you just leave them out for a reason?

  10. #7375
    Senior Member CromagnonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    salford uk
    Posts
    2,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samoth View Post
    I just bought a near mint Alias Omnibus on Ebay at 75€.

    Do you think that's a good deal?

    thats a very decent price for that book, it was one of the early omnibus releases. i once bought one off ebay for 60 and flipped it within a week for 130.

  11. #7376
    Junior Member csista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE KZA View Post

    also won the Wolverine omnibus the McNiven variant for 157 is that a good deal or did I overpay? its still shrinkwrapped
    I've been keeping an eye on this because I have one I plan on selling. I haven't seen a sealed McNiven cover go for less than $200, so you got a good deal. However, I've seen the Miller cover go for under $150 a few times.

  12. #7377
    Formerly GarbageMan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on this because I have one I plan on selling. I haven't seen a sealed McNiven cover go for less than $200, so you got a good deal. However, I've seen the Miller cover go for under $150 a few times.
    a miller cover went for 98 the other night on ebay

  13. #7378
    X-Fan & Rocker krisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Very nice collection you have there.

    Which make me realize, Krisis, I see you list is missing some of the more recent XMen OHC like Bishop and the Punisher MAX (Also USM). Have those been released since October or did you just leave them out for a reason?
    If you're referring to my massive Omni & Pseudo-Omni page, I only included OHCs that the community felt were huge enough to warrant mention alongside the omnis (or, which were initially solicited as omnis).

    Since I mainly buy only X-Men, I'd need the group to chime in on if something is big enough to qualify - which Punisher might, as might the new Deadpool Max. It does, of course, include Bishop's Crossing ;)

  14. #7379
    Member BungleBonce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Over in the Jonathan Hickman-Avengers Q&A thread someone asked when the FF omnibus was going to arrive...

    "Sometime. We're doing two I think."

    Great news. Like a lot of people, I'm waiting for these before tearing fully through Hickman's FF run.

    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...man-Q-A/page13

  15. #7380
    Senior Member LordJulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BungleBonce View Post
    Over in the Jonathan Hickman-Avengers Q&A thread someone asked when the FF omnibus was going to arrive...

    "Sometime. We're doing two I think."

    Great news. Like a lot of people, I'm waiting for these before tearing fully through Hickman's FF run.

    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...man-Q-A/page13
    Hallelujah!

    At least we know now that there will be an Omnibus. Hopefully they won't be too far apart.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •