Page 487 of 662 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 9926

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    The comic shop owner said she believes Marvel is already cutting its print runs down -- across the board -- and she gave the problem with getting reorders filled nowadays as the prime example. She said it looks like Marvel is going with the print run policy of 2001 where it cut the runs down closer to orders. She said she believes this is already being done with monthly comics, trade paperbacks and hardcovers, many of which are selling out rather quickly and are not immediately available for reorder. Another local comic shop owner said retailers have received notice from Diamond that the cutouts are over for now.
    This is so true. If I miss an issue of something, or Diamond shorts my LCS (which happens alot) sometimes they just can't get that issue. These aren't old back issues but new monthlies.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Are you saying NZ_InFerno who used the phrase is a "douchebag" and "completely retarded"? That's not a very nice thing to say about someone who is always willing to help out. I'm sure there are plenty of "common sayings" in your vocabulary that others haven't heard that make you sound like a "douchebag" to them as well.
    It's not my verbiage. I used quotes and clearly said it was one of the definitions on urban dictionary. Normally I'd just use the word 'inane' to describe it, but the urban dictionary definition made me laugh.
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada

I've said it over and over that I know where a copy of Punisher Max Vol. 4 is, but the dealer wants to sell 1-6 as a set only (all at cover price) and does not ship outside the US. If you want it badly enough, buy the whole set and sell volumes 1-3, 5-6 if you've got 'em already. And I'm not talking to just one Punisher MAX OHC collector on here, but all of you.

BANNED

I've said it over and over that I know where a copy of Punisher Max Vol. 4 is, but the dealer wants to sell 1-6 as a set only (all at cover price) and does not ship outside the US. If you want it badly enough, buy the whole set and sell volumes 1-3, 5-6 if you've got 'em already. And I'm not talking to just one Punisher MAX OHC collector on here, but all of you.
    As I recall they're $30 each, so that would be $180 (not counting tax and shipping). The problem is you can't give away the first three and five and six area vailable for $20-$25 (at least they were a couple months ago). In the end, it might be that you're paying about $130-$140 for that one volume, which as I posted earlier, someone did. Maybe it's the going rate. I don't know. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    As I recall they're $30 each, so that would be $180 (not counting tax and shipping). The problem is you can't give away the first three and five and six area vailable for $20-$25 (at least they were a couple months ago). In the end, it might be that you're paying about $130-$140 for that one volume, which as I posted earlier, someone did. Maybe it's the going rate. I don't know. Just a thought.
    If you aren't willing to do that you dont want Vol. 4 bad enough.
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by iPeacock View Post
    I scored it a month or so ago for cover price still sealed. It was up on a high shelf at my LCS. I almost felt guilty when I was checking out like buying it for cover price was some form of shoplifting.
    Haha, I know the feeling. I picked up the Uncanny Xmen omnibus back in January for 25 bucks(I still can't believe it!)

I agree. (Can you believe that thing went for $140.50 with shipping!!!!???)
    I can't remember what I paid for mine, but I know it was a "bargain" compared to what it could have been. It was one of those cases of being on Ebay at the right time and doing a buy it now. It wasn't cheap, tho.
    There was a Punisher Omnibus by the same seller I think that went for 180. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I felt the same way when I found a sealed War Of Kings OHC a few weeks ago for cover. I think a lot of LCS owners are so used to years of no new comic products really gaining value that they aren't realizing the after-market value of the OHCs and Omnibuses. I know it caught me off guard.
    If you visit enough comic shops, you will find a LOT of stuff that is OOP still available for cover price. Many shops order stuff for people that is never bought or order stuff they think will sell and it doesn't and they are "stuck" with these high-dollar books. So, they'd rather put them up for sale at cover than to risk never selling them.
    Many of the shops that I frequent (there are four in the immediate area) have a lot of OOP books. I buy what I can when I can, but there are just too many that sell for pennies over cover price, so it's not always worth it to pick them up. That can also be said for several of the omnibuses, which are way overpriced at even cover price and I can get cheaper online. But, when those books do go OOP, you can bet that if they are still there, I'll run out and pick them up, just to throw up on eBay and make a small profit (if I can get enough in one trip to justify the gas money).
    On a side note:
    I went to my local shop today to pick up my stack of books and close out my monthly account. (I'm just not reading singles much these days and would rather spend all that money on other things; maybe I'm finally growing up) The comic shop owner said she believes Marvel is already cutting its print runs down -- across the board -- and she gave the problem with getting reorders filled nowadays as the prime example. She said it looks like Marvel is going with the print run policy of 2001 where it cut the runs down closer to orders. She said she believes this is already being done with monthly comics, trade paperbacks and hardcovers, many of which are selling out rather quickly and are not immediately available for reorder. Another local comic shop owner said retailers have received notice from Diamond that the cutouts are over for now.
    I do frequent a shop, haven't been there in a few weeks, but I'm planning on stopping in when my semester is over. He's pretty good at finding stuff for deals. Like I said, UXM omnibus for 25 bucks. So I'll see what he can do, but I'm gonna call around to some surrounding shops and see if they have anything

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    If you aren't willing to do that you dont want Vol. 4 bad enough.
    I don't even have any interest in 6. And no book is worth that much to me. I mean, they're just books. I can't get over some of the prices people are willing to pay, and not just for omnibuses, but even recent issues and phc. It's nuts.

AvX arrived today, with all the negative comments i'm tempted to return it to Amazon as i was already on the fence with this one. It's a shame it wasn't damaged in the post, just when i need it.

It looks like i'm also running out of space after my recent splurge, confirmed by the wife making the comment "Is this a Library?". Have to start hiding things like i did as a kid amassing a comic collection

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Marvels PHC?

Quote Originally Posted by milhouse123321 View Post
    Has anyone commented on the Deadpool MAX OHC yet?
    I got it from Amazon yesterday, (pretty quick since I'm in Aus) and it looks cool.
    I slip off the dust jacket to have a look at the logo/embossing on the cover... and it's the dust jacket again. Is this what they were doing with the Season One HCs? And have we seen this on any other Marvel OHCs before?
    Book is pretty good. I don't read a whole lot of Deadpool but picked this up because it was a really good deal and a lot of material. Love the look and design a lot. Wish more Marvel books would do away with dust jackets.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Marvels PHC?
    The Alex Ross and Kurt Busiek Marvels? I have the Anniversary OHC of it that I got off ebay for like 8 bucks or something. Just read it the other week. It's nice, kind of a human look on superheroics. The art is great too

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    The Alex Ross and Kurt Busiek Marvels? I have the Anniversary OHC of it that I got off ebay for like 8 bucks or something. Just read it the other week. It's nice, kind of a human look on superheroics. The art is great too
    I've read (and love) the story, I just need to know if there are any issues with the PHC (exceptionally crappy binding or something of the sort).

somebody on here should test out the durability of both a nicely sewn and nicely glued oversized binding to see how much it actually takes to compromise them. I have never had a collected edition bust on me

I managed to get the entire Ultimate Spider-Man run in OHC bookended by the two omnibuses. I have started reading it end to end. And then I discover I should have bought the Ultimate Marvel Team Up OHC as well. Particularly for the Lizard one. But it has a lot of Ultimate Spidey and is Bendis. So, I find a copy online and order it. Being as I'm in Australia I won't see it until next year spoiling my read thru.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Is the 10th Anniversary Ed an OHC? I wasn't aware. I might hunt one down.