Page 478 of 662 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 9926

Finally got my AvX OHC today from Amazon.com - in pristine condition. It actually looks better than I thought it would (regarding production and art) and the AR stuff in there is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
    It's not like a convention where you have a bunch of vendors, "boekenfestijn" is the sole vendor and it has a few tables stacked with marvel tpbs en hcs.
    I guess they just buy up a few big lots for steap discount. Last year they had literaly dozens of simonson omnis for €35. I heard that this year they do even better and sell them for €25.
    If I didn't have that book already, it would be kinda tempting to go there. But as it is, the 250 km each way are a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    That's how I remember it as well. Similar to the Promethea Widescreen Edition that DC is going to publish. The dimensions then should be those of an AE - but thicker, of course.
    Thanks. I am curious about it, but all in all it seems too novel for me.
    Last edited by PandemicF; 11-27-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: to, too, two

Finally got my AvX OHC today from Amazon.com - in pristine condition. It actually looks better than I thought it would (regarding production and art) and the AR stuff in there is fun.
    Are you using the AR app? I got mine yesterday from amazon as well, also in great condition. I have already traded the digital code that came with it. I read it all last night and there were plenty of places that the gutter loss was annoying.

Formerly GarbageMan

With the talk of the AVX ohc, has anyone sold their digital code? I don't read comics online and have no use for it....figured I may as well put it on ebay or something, but I feel kinda weird about it. Anyone done this before?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
    For Belgians, people from the Netherlands and other europeans willing to make the trip:
    There's an amazing bookfestival called "Boekenfestijn" that sells a bunch of Marvel collections.
    Get this: Thor simonson omnibus 25 (+- $32)!!, Avengers: crossing 19, ultimate collections 7, regular trades 3

I'm thinking of bying some additional copies of the simonson omni . That price is ridiculous.
    Never heard of that. So today was the last day in Mechelen right and the next one will be in Antwerp? Will definitely visit that one and also Rotterdam, Nieuwegein and Utrecht. Was it just Marvel books, or did you also see DC, Image and other publishers?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    With the talk of the AVX ohc, has anyone sold their digital code? I don't read comics online and have no use for it....figured I may as well put it on ebay or something, but I feel kinda weird about it. Anyone done this before?
    I traded mine in the trade thread for some hardcovers. Selling it on ebay gets tricky as there are some rules with selling digital codes. Some one more familiar may speak up with specifics. I personally would be leery of selling it on ebay as the buyer only has to say the code didn't work and you would have no way to prove otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by PandemicF View Post
    Are you using the AR app? I got mine yesterday from amazon as well, also in great condition. I have already traded the digital code that came with it. I read it all last night and there were plenty of places that the gutter loss was annoying.
    Yeah, downloaded that app today. There's some great stuff to find. Mostly pencils of pages, but also some behind-the-scenes stuff, interviews with creators and other short clips. It's a bit like the extras on blurays these days.

The gutterloss is annoying indeed. Wouldn't have much of a problem if that was SA material where there is a lot of gutter, but there are so many splash pages in here where gutterloss is a major problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Never heard of that. So today was the last day in Mechelen right and the next one will be in Antwerp? Will definitely visit that one and also Rotterdam, Nieuwegein and Utrecht. Was it just Marvel books, or did you also see DC, Image and other publishers?
    Wait, does this bookfair move around the country? That'd be great. Eindhoven, Venlo or Arnhem would be great.

Wait, does this bookfair move around the country? That'd be great. Eindhoven, Venlo or Arnhem would be great.
    Yeah Eindhoven and Maastricht also http://www.boekenfestijn.com/agenda

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by PandemicF View Post
    I traded mine in the trade thread for some hardcovers. Selling it on ebay gets tricky as there are some rules with selling digital codes. Some one more familiar may speak up with specifics. I personally would be leery of selling it on ebay as the buyer only has to say the code didn't work and you would have no way to prove otherwise.
    That's kind of what I'm afraid of. I mean, I haven't even opened the book yet, and have no need for the code at all...hmmm

Yeah, downloaded that app today. There's some great stuff to find. Mostly pencils of pages, but also some behind-the-scenes stuff, interviews with creators and other short clips. It's a bit like the extras on blurays these days.
    Thanks for the info- I'll download it and check it out. There certainly are plenty "AR" boxes in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    That's kind of what I'm afraid of. I mean, I haven't even opened the book yet, and have no need for the code at all...hmmm
    You should try to trade it. I had quite a few people interested in the short time I had mine up.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yeah Eindhoven and Maastricht also http://www.boekenfestijn.com/agenda
    Excellent, thanks. Eindhoven is not until November next year, though, but perhaps by then there will be a few new Omnis or OHCs that I'm interested in. I basically have all the Marvel Omnis I want, apart from the first Miller DD and Alias (and I'm not sure those'll be sold there for 25€ a piece).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi100 View Post
    Question A: Is anyone excited to the point of getting the shakes about the Wolverine Adamantium Collection, that massively oversized pinnacle of collectibility? I'm guessing not too many people are since it includes 'Origin', which most rage filled mutants give 6 claws down.

Question 2: Would you like to see the Adamantium Collection format repeated in the future? Like a Thanos Gauntlet Collection?

Question 1: Not excited in the least. I have the omni (which should have included Origin - hey, what can I say, I didn't hate the series), so there's really no reason to double up. This looks more or less like a money grab to me.

Question 2: No. I'd like to see them perfect the omni (sewn thread, good paper, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    Question 2: No. I'd like to see them perfect the omni (sewn thread, good paper, etc).
    ??? The Wolverine Omni? Afaik it was sewn. And it definitely has the great, thick, not too glossy paper that Marvel used to have for all of their Omnis.

BANNED

??? The Wolverine Omni? Afaik it was sewn. And it definitely has the great, thick, not too glossy paper that Marvel used to have for all of their Omnis.
    Sorry, I meant I would like Marvel to perfect the omnibus style in general. Yes, they did a good job on the Wolverine book.