Page 442 of 662 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 9926

Thanks! I like his art better in those previews than his later highly stylized work on USM.

I wasnt expecting marvel to come out with a new warriors omnibus.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I wasnt expecting marvel to come out with a new warriors omnibus.
    It still brings back the question of, "What is the point of the omnibus line?"

I thought the commonly regarded answer was "books/runs of significant importance, or from top-shelf creators"
    And then also to reprint the early SA stuff, soo, I guess.

At first there were a lot of the above - major runs of DD, X-Men, older events (ala Secret Wars), etc...

And then there came a point where it feels like just random stuff is being released, while the stuff we all clamor for is NOT released.

Some items make sense from a certain point of view, like the Claremont/Lee X-Men volumes (try to cash in on the Jim Lee name while the new 52/DC shenanigans were going on), or the re-release of the New X-Men (cash in on Grant Morrison name, and also treat people to this highly sought after omni), but others just don't make any sense.

John Carter? (okay a movie release, but still NOT a huge run back then OR now) Man Thing? X-Force by Liefield? (okay, there's the X-side that's always sought after, but still, this?) Avengers The Crossing? (So many more CLASSIC Avengers runs, and they pick THIS one?) and now New Warriors? When at first I saw it in a post, I thought it was New MUTANTS, which would make more sense.

*No offense to those who like some of the above, like Man Thing, I just don't "get it" from a marketing perspective. What are they trying to do with this line? I'm befuddled.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

WTF. AVX Companion? And I bought all the issues in HC! 2 are even yet to be released!

On another note.....Hawkeye by Fraction straight to tpb????? What's that about?
    Have the sales been bad on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    *No offense to those who like some of the above, like Man Thing, I just don't "get it" from a marketing perspective. What are they trying to do with this line? I'm befuddled.
    You think they might be using the Omnibus line partly as a replacement for the Premiere Classics one now that the latter has been cancelled?

I think I mentioned this before, but at least in this thread it seems that people mostly don't care if something is (was) published in Premiere Classics, but get excited if the same is announced as an Omnibus. Perhaps this is a general trend that Marvel has now picked up on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jlls View Post
    On another note.....Hawkeye by Fraction straight to tpb????? What's that about?
    Have the sales been bad on that one?
    It looks like all the $2.99 (save Daredevil) have gone to a tpb only (or first possibly). The silly thing is the lines like X-factor that suddenly become tpb only. Not to mention the last volumes of Journey into Mystery and New Mutants becoming tpb while FF and Fantastic Four by Hickman get finished as PHCs.

Doesn't DC do something similar now?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Woah. And look at the AvX companion: 1088 pages!!!

"Written by CHRISTOS GAGE, RICK REMENDER, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, JASON AARON, KIERON GILLEN & SKOTTIE YOUNG Penciled by TOM GRUMMETT, RENATO GUEDES, WALTER SIMONSON, MIKE DEODATO JR., RAFA SANDOVAL, DAVID BALDEON, CHRIS BACHALO, NICK BRADSHAW, JORGE MOLINA, GREG LAND, DANIEL ACUNA, RON GARNEY, GURIHIRU & MORE Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Every AVX tie-in, collected in one massive volume! When Captain America declares war on the X-Men, how will Generation Hope and the Avengers Academy react to their mentors' actions? As the Secret Avengers battle the Phoenix Force in space, Iron Fist discovers the connection between K'un Lun and Hope Summers! And when the Avengers try to secure the Jean Grey School, Wolverine must decide where his loyalties lie! But as the Phoenix Force arrives, tipping the scales of battle, the Avengers and X-Men realize the stakes are higher than they knew -- and the that fate of the Earth is in their hands. Collecting AVENGERS ACADEMY #29-33, SECRET AVENGERS (2010) #26-28, AVENGERS (2010) #25-30, NEW AVENGERS (2010) #24-30, X-MEN LEGACY (2008) #266-270, WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #9-16 and #18, AVX: CONSEQUENCES #1-5, UNCANNY X-MEN (2012) #11-20, and A-BABIES VS. X-BABIES #1.

1088 pages, $99.99. "

Let's hope this'll be sewn this time.
    NOW we're talking! Nice to see them going to the OHC+OHC model of Spider-Island to help relieve fans from buying almost a dozen supporting books to get the full story. I really hope all crossovers start moving to this format so event fans don't have to buy so many of the individual trades. Plus, Consequences in OHC format!

But, will we get the same crap quality on this as we did the AvX book - because, this one is MUCH bigger, so the low quality will be EVEN WORSE.

This begs the question of what PHC and TPB books might be worth selling outright, since this covers the entirety of some of their contents (notably, NOT Legacy). Personally, I like the continuity of all of UXM on the shelf, all of Secret Avengers, etc. So, even if I spring for this, I doubt my individual collections will be going anywhere.

But, really, they couldn't have got this out any faster?
    Last edited by krisis; 11-15-2012 at 10:23 AM.

You think they might be using the Omnibus line partly as a replacement for the Premiere Classics one now that the latter has been cancelled?

I think I mentioned this before, but at least in this thread it seems that people mostly don't care if something is (was) published in Premiere Classics, but get excited if the same is announced as an Omnibus. Perhaps this is a general trend that Marvel has now picked up on?
    I used to get pretty excited about omnibus announcements, moreso than MPHCs but not now after so many I'm not interested in have been announced. With as many books as I now own, I feel I should be more selective instead of buying just any omnibus they announce. Like Rimmer, I'm confused about the goals of the omnibus line, since we've often shared what we the buyers consider most wanted "classic runs" in this thread and yet the trades department keeps soliciting these oddball collections that no one has requested as a top 3 or top 5 most wanted.

What'll be the next goofy omnibus solicitation that no one's demanding? Star Comic's the Amazing Spider-Ham? Chuck Austen volumes 1-3? Onslaught?

Guys if the AVX Companion is announced with the Feb. solicits, when will this be released?

This is a very good point. This would be, what, 3-4 premiere classic books. Would people jump out of their seat for those? Some of those same people will get the omnibus though, because, well, it's an omnibus.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Did somebody order a New Warriors omnibus?????
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...rveltrades.htm
    Yeah, big surprise there.

I'd actually buy this if I hadn't picked up the entire series from $1 bins over the past year or so...

A New Warriors Omnibus from the original 90's run?!!
    HELL YEAH!! The first 25 or so issues of that are a small nugget of gold among a lot of crap but out by Marvel in the 90's. I think this is great and if they are doing character redefining collections or runs of greatness then New Warriors qualifies. Once you get past issue 25 I think the quality wanes a bit but I'm all over a volume 1. This makes way, way more sense than Avengers: Crossing, from relatively the same point, imo. It also gives me hope for a Darkhawk omnibus!!! Anyone else?

I didn't see a release date in that link.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    What'll be the next goofy omnibus solicitation that no one's demanding? Star Comic's the Amazing Spider-Ham? Chuck Austen volumes 1-3? Onslaught?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It also gives me hope for a Darkhawk omnibus!!! Anyone else?
    Darkhawk and Sleepwalker are the first two I thought of for DrGregatron's question. Don't get me wrong, I was a Darkhawk fan, but I'm not sure a Darkhawk Omnibus would sell very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    This is a very good point. This would be, what, 3-4 premiere classic books. Would people jump out of their seat for those? Some of those same people will get the omnibus though, because, well, it's an omnibus.
    It's actually quite a bit more generous than that. Some of those premiere classics only had 4 issues in them and rarely as many as 10. So this'd be like 6 to 9 MPCs.