Page 435 of 662 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 9926

how come AVX omni isnt put in reading order? are other marvel omnis like that?

Quote Originally Posted by geoff2005 View Post
    how come AVX omni isnt put in reading order? are other marvel omnis like that?
    It's a modern comics problem caused by editorial's desire to tie-in every possible comic for the purpose of increased sales irregardless of plot or its impact on the overall story quality. Short answer is "yes!" Other Marvel events are similarly affected. There are numerous complaints about this in Amazon reviews. Check out X-Necrosha's review where there are complaints about issues not being in reading order. Sometimes there's nothing a book editor can do (other than not include the issues) because the tie-ins were created as just a hodgepodge of throwaway issues meant only to piggyback off of an event's sales.

What's the availability of the captain America lives omnibus like? Are we expecting it to go oop anytime in the near future?

Really want to get it but probably shouldn't be looking to buy anything until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jonwalker View Post
    What's the availability of the captain America lives omnibus like? Are we expecting it to go oop anytime in the near future?

Really want to get it but probably shouldn't be looking to buy anything until next year.
    Its been out long enough that you should consider buying it pretty soon.

As to when it goes OOP:

Your guess is as good as ours.
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

If you're from outside the US and you still wanna buy the AvX OHC, it's 31% off at BD: 40€

http://www.bookdepository.com/Avenge.../9780785163176

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    Its been out long enough that you should consider buying it pretty soon.

As to when it goes OOP:

Your guess is as good as ours.
    Thanks for the help, I'll consider getting it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengan2000 View Post
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thor-By-J-Mi.../ref=pd_cp_b_1
    There's a link. Thanks to you guys, I ... Guess its the omnibus, but has the weird preorder-in-the past thing happened to anyone else?
    You guys are awesome :)
    If you're from Europe you can get the direct market and variant cover here: http://www.cheap-comics.com/advanced...us&language=en If you're not in NL, BE or DE just inquire about shipping costs. One version is only €32.50.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    If you're from Europe you can get the direct market and variant cover here: http://www.cheap-comics.com/advanced...us&language=en If you're not in NL, BE or DE just inquire about shipping costs. One version is only €32.50.
    I didn't knew that store Martin, some good deals there!
    Has anyone outside of the three countries they mention (but inside the European Union) ever ordered from there? Are the shipping costs reasonable?

Thanks for sharing! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    I didn't knew that store Martin, some good deals there!
    Has anyone outside of the three countries they mention (but inside the European Union) ever ordered from there? Are the shipping costs reasonable?

Thanks for sharing! ;)
    I'm lucky since I live in one of the countries they ship to anyway, but I remember from mentioning this store to other people from Europe in this thread before that there were some places in Europe they do not ship to, as well as some where they do, for a reasonable price as well.

But it's easiest to just send them an email for a quote. They are very customer friendly and sometimes even answer within minutes.

I'll definitely do that Lordjulius, I'll post it here when I get an answer in case anyone else needs it!

Guys, I receved a couple of shipments of recently released books from CGN and IST last week.

In one of my shipments I got the last MPC volume: Hulk Abominable DM variant (limited to 360 copies). There's only one problem: Marvel incorrectly listed the volume # on the spine. The correct # should be Vol 106, yet the DJ says Vol 103! Volume 103 was Spidey: Revenge of the Sinister Six. So not only is Hulk: Abominable the last book in this line, it's an error on top of that!

I highly doubt Marvel plans to correct this as this volume was the last to be released with the cancellation of the line.

FYI in case anyone wants to track down this rare bad boy.
    Last edited by grahamgg; 11-12-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

I wasn't on the fence about about AvX since the negativity I've seen has been from people who hate events or hate modern comics so the bias is obvious and I wasn't going to base my decision off of that but these binding issues and the improper ordering has me re-thinking it. I'm still interested in the story but I really don't want to support Marvel's declining collected editions.

Seems like just 6 months ago they were pumping out OHCs and they were all moving to a sewn binding. They've taken a bad turn recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I wasn't on the fence about about AvX since the negativity I've seen has been from people who hate events or hate modern comics so the bias is obvious and I wasn't going to base my decision off of that but these binding issues and the improper ordering has me re-thinking it. I'm still interested in the story but I really don't want to support Marvel's declining collected editions.

Seems like just 6 months ago they were pumping out OHCs and they were all moving to a sewn binding. They've taken a bad turn recently.
    The biggest turn-off, to me, is the fact that the book is not in the correct reading order. I've only ever owned one collection where that was the case: Infinity War. The limited series was fine, but all the tie-ins were just thrown in the back of the book. It was a terrible reading experience. I'm debating whether or not to keep my AVX copy or send it back for a refund. I haven't opened it yet, but all the negativity towards it is making me regret my purchase, even at 50% off on release week.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    The biggest turn-off, to me, is the fact that the book is not in the correct reading order. I've only ever owned one collection where that was the case: Infinity War. The limited series was fine, but all the tie-ins were just thrown in the back of the book. It was a terrible reading experience. I'm debating whether or not to keep my AVX copy or send it back for a refund. I haven't opened it yet, but all the negativity towards it is making me regret my purchase, even at 50% off on release week.
    How are the issues out of reading order? I must have missed it if it was said before

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    How are the issues out of reading order? I must have missed it if it was said before
    I think it's just that they put the main series (0-12) and then the VS mini afterwards rather than have each corresponding VS issue go with the issue the fights stem from.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.