Page 423 of 662 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 9926

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyScarecrow View Post
    Havent read it but from the reviews ive seen it is awesome and fun but not in continuity but the entire omni is stand alone.

Ive got it and it is spectacular. Im not one for extras but it does have what seems to be the entire script along with it. I too was wondering if it was worth the $60ish but last year I got it for $45 with barnes and noble discount codes.
    As large as Parker Martini Edition or absolute size? Hows the binding?
    My blog for you folks who can read. http://mrroussis.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoussis View Post
    Also, how is SM Untold Tales? I've heard the quality of story telling is good, but I'm not familiar as to where it falls in the Spidey time line.
    Untold Tales is in continuity. It takes place during the early years of the character's history, with the stories in the book fitting in between old issues. The book has a timeline at the back that maps out where each issue takes place.

Trying to figure out, despite it being SM (my fave super), if it's worth the purchase. Could get it for 65, but there are lots of trades on my list including, Hellboy Library v5, BPRD v3 HC, maybe TMNT v1 Collection or finishing off Northlanders.. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoussis View Post
    As large as Parker Martini Edition or absolute size? Hows the binding?
    martini sized so yep bigger than absolute.

crazyhermit: thanks for the info

Which one is that - the IDW Locke and Key deluxe or Subterranean?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Which one is that - the IDW Locke and Key deluxe or Subterranean?
    IDW looks like. http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...l?ref=wishlist

Hm. Looks like future G.I. Joe and Transformers collections could be published by Marvel. Disney seems to be interested in Hasbro.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...f-hasbro-next/

Would Marvel Omnis be better than what IDW does with those books?

I also remember some M.A.S.K. comics from when I was a nipper that could be collected.

And most important of all, will Mr. Potato Head finally join the X-Men? Looks like a mutant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    It was much worse than I remember it being, but its nowhere close to the level of hokiness compared to other Marvel crossovers of that day.

In fact, I am actually thinking about selling my copy and the Crossover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelybely8 View Post
    Not quite as hokey as Secret Wars, but it isn't quite as dour and serious as most of today's events. The writing varies from book to book, obviously, but is fairly standard for late Bronze Age books.
    Thanks my fellow dorks. Appreciate it! :)

Also, those who got their AVX copies, post pics!!! (NOT INSIDE ONES THAT ARE PART OF THE STORY CUZ SPOILERS!)

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Hm. Looks like future G.I. Joe and Transformers collections could be published by Marvel. Disney seems to be interested in Hasbro.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...f-hasbro-next/

Would Marvel Omnis be better than what IDW does with those books?

I also remember some M.A.S.K. comics from when I was a nipper that could be collected.

And most important of all, will Mr. Potato Head finally join the X-Men? Looks like a mutant to me.
    It is getting a bit much, isn't it? I would imagine the comic licenses would follow suit like SW and Disney stuff before it, where the current license would be let to run its course. Not sure how far into the future IDW has the G.I.JOE license, or the Transformers license.

It is an interesting question though: If IDW has put out X of Y total books in a series, would Marvel continue that series once it has the rights? I'm kinda thinking not. There's been quite a few of the TF books out already, and they're guesstimating 15 or so of the G.I. Joe ones. It would suck to have 5 or so books into the series, Marvel get the rights and redo it or kill it.

Still, since this is all hypotheticals, I'm still very looking forward to the IDW books. My G.I.Joe one arrived at PO this morning, so hopefully it'll be home when I get there. And the IDW G.I.Joe series and Cobra series are out soon as well. Sweet! **If no one else does, I'll post a few pics of the OHC book tonite if it arrives (since it's Marvel material, technically).
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Wait, Acts of Vengeance is considered Bronze Age material now? Really?
    Has the scale slid upwards and I missed the memo? That was what, '88/'89?
    I can see Bronze Age going into the mid-80's but might end the Bronze Age when either Secret Wars starts or Infinite Crisis. The start of the company wide crossover or the culmination in the first actualization of how fundamentally redefining a crossover can be.

Acts of Vengeance as a Bronze Age book just on the surface sounds wrong.

I'm still waiting for the 90's to be confirmed as the Dark Ages, imo it makes perfect sense seeing as how characters like Punisher, Lobo, Spawn were massively popular and the speculator market drove Marvel to bankruptcy near the end of the 90's.
    I think 80's to mid-90's is referred to as the Copper Age (seriously).

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    It is getting a bit much, isn't it? I would imagine the comic licenses would follow suit like SW and Disney stuff before it, where the current license would be let to run its course. Not sure how far into the future IDW has the G.I.JOE license, or the Transformers license.

It is an interesting question though: If IDW has put out X of Y total books in a series, would Marvel continue that series once it has the rights? I'm kinda thinking not. There's been quite a few of the TF books out already, and they're guesstimating 15 or so of the G.I. Joe ones. It would suck to have 5 or so books into the series, Marvel get the rights and redo it or kill it.

Still, since this is all hypotheticals, I'm still very looking forward to the IDW books. My G.I.Joe one arrived at PO this morning, so hopefully it'll be home when I get there. And the IDW G.I.Joe series and Cobra series are out soon as well. Sweet! **If no one else does, I'll post a few pics of the OHC book tonite if it arrives (since it's Marvel material, technically).
    If it's true and the rights to the comics go back to Marvel, it would mostly suck for IDW. I think Star Wars, Transformers and G.I. Joe are some of their biggest sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    I think 80's to mid-90's is referred to as the Copper Age (seriously).
    I appreciate the serious reply. I'd heard of Copper Age as well for an unidentified early/mid 90 mark.

Afterall Bronze Age was used by Collectors for over a decade before Overstreet and whoever collectively approves the next "Age" stamped the 70's as Bronze Age.
    So when Acts of Vengeance was mentioned as Bronze Age I just felt clarification might be in order so I expanded that thought out.
    Thanks for realizing that.

I still think if the cut off is 91/92 for Copper Age then we can fulfill a DARK AGE quite easily.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Formerly GarbageMan

Reading the Captain Britain Omnibus....Davis' art is really the highlight here, fantastic stuff. Just started the Moore issues, man this is going to be a fun ride. I kind of like the short issues. A lot happens in those few pages and really moves things along.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Reading the Captain Britain Omnibus....Davis' art is really the highlight here, fantastic stuff. Just started the Moore issues, man this is going to be a fun ride. I kind of like the short issues. A lot happens in those few pages and really moves things along.
    The short form of those stories really does help to move the narrative along at a good clip. How did you end up liking the second Captain Britain OHC?

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Jelybely8 View Post
    The short form of those stories really does help to move the narrative along at a good clip. How did you end up liking the second Captain Britain OHC?
    I liked it about as much as the first, which I liked as well. Had some goofy points, drug here and there, but overall I enjoyed them. I liked how the whole second half of the book was one big story, and how it wasn't even a Captain Britain story! I'm also really enjoying that fact that they've so far linked together every story in some fashion, giving reasons and explanations as to where and why he is etc. Really looking forward to the Daredevils arc/stories