Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    I wonder if they will be a moment where ED is chasing someone, gets to some stairs and... actually walks down them! SHOCK! HORROR!
    like that scene with the Dalek and the stairs in Doctor Who in 2005
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Maybe, but it's also worth considering it in the context of the movie where it's not so different from the kind of guns blazing two-fisted 'police work' that Murphy and Lewis are doing at the film's beginning. The hyper-violence is consistent throughout. It's also set at the point where the man's broken through the machine, so to speak, and so it seems an odd place to decide to paint Robocop as a stone cold killing machine.
    Yeah, the drug factory scene isn't the best scene to use as an example of him being a stone cold killing machine. At that point in the movie Murphy had already been reasserting himself over RoboCop; he was doing more fancy gun TJ Laser stuff and the entire reason he was even there was because he was on the trail of the guy who murdered him.

A better scene to use for showing Robo as a stone cold justice machine would be his first night on the town after he stops the rapists or the guy who tried to kill the mayor.

Another thing that works so well regarding the original movie is that because of the way the movie is set up you pretty much discover Alex Murphy's character alongside RoboCop as he rediscovers himself. It's all done in a very nice way.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Who happened to kill a lot. And the people he arrested, generally maimed first.
    Those were the horrible criminals who murdered and shot at him, he didn't kill the kids with spray paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    He was a ROBO COP.

And yeah, he kinda killed/maimed a lot of the criminals he ran into (though to be fair, most of 'em were really, really bad people).

Not that he's dealing lethal force there inappropriately (he has been fired upon), but the scene emphasizes that he's both a killing machine AND a cop.

Anyhow, I'm sure they'll get the bad-ass killing machine part down (the new one will probably acrobatically gunkata his way through a similar scene), I just think that the characterization of Robocop is more effective when his humanity is concealed, then revealed.
    I'm pretty sure that if a SWAT team was doing drug bust like this and the drug dealers started shooting they would shoot back.
    Unless you are saying it's "unfair" for the criminals cause Robocop could all those bullets with no damage and he should have just apprehended them.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    A better scene to use for showing Robo as a stone cold justice machine would be his first night on the town after he stops the rapists or the guy who tried to kill the mayor.
    The attempted rapist, who he apprehended non-fatally and instructing the victim on the proper way to get medical and psychiatric help to get over her ordeal. Stone cold that man.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    I wonder if they will be a moment where ED is chasing someone, gets to some stairs and... actually walks down them! SHOCK! HORROR!
    I'd be shocked if Ed209 just hovers down the stairs while still shooting and chasing after Robocop. Hope this movie wont be watered down and half assed like Total Recall
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

uhh Total Recall (new one) actually looks pretty decent....seems to be more in line with the original story....as opposed to the Schwarzenegger one which went to Mars
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'd be shocked if Ed209 just hovers down the stairs while still shooting and chasing after Robocop. Hope this movie wont be watered down and half assed like Total Recall
    You've seen the new total recall?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    uhh Total Recall (new one) actually looks pretty decent....seems to be more in line with the original story....as opposed to the Schwarzenegger one which went to Mars
    There are movies more in line with the source material that suck, though.

Verhoeven's Total Recall was good.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    There are movies more in line with the source material that suck, though.

Verhoeven's Total Recall was good.
    And funny as well. The new one takes itself way too seriously. And Colin Farrel is not the big name he had promise to be all them years back.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    And funny as well. The new one takes itself way too seriously. And Colin Farrel is not the big name he had promise to be all them years back.
    Also placing it on Earth just takes away the wonder that made the original great
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Also placing it on Earth just takes away the wonder that made the original great
    It looks like a pretty sci-fi Eath to me so the wonder would still seem to be there, it's not as if they set it in a contemporary LA or NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    Of his last ten films the six I saw (In Bruges, Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, The Way Back, Horrible Bosses, Fright Night, and Crazy Heart) have been fairly impressive. He had a dry spell after Phone Booth by the 2nd act of his career has been very solid.

2007 Mutant League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    there saying this film will have is that they are planing to concentrate more on the characters and the Pyschological aspect/horror of a person being merged with Machine.
    but the outer plot and details will likely remain the same.

and the samurai was from the horrific 3rd film so....... NO!
    Cool robot is worth a look