Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Best part of the movie is still when dude gets fired so Robocop can kill him. That was friggen win.

As good as Robocop was, we do have to keep in mind that it wasn't perfect. Some movies you can go back and watch over and over because they have a kind of timeless feel to them. Robocop hasn't aged well. And it is ripe for remaking. It can be grittier and edgier and better, while still delivering on the same themes the original hit.

I would like to see them do more of a Galactica style reimagining where they pay tribute to the original design, just bring it into the present. But that doesn't seem to be the direction they are heading. But time will tell. The redesigned ED-209 is a promising start.

There is nothing wrong with the Robocop outside of a few effect shots, It doesnt need more or less in any one area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    And goddamn that thing can take a 120mm shot to the face? How the hell can anyone stop it? Are there going to be lasers in this movie or something?
    There'd kinda have to be, based on what we saw. Or, when RoboCop finally fights ED-209, it'll be similar to the fight between RoboCop and Cain in "RoboCop 2".

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    the take there saying this film will have is that they are planing to concentrate more on the characters and the Pyschological aspect/horror of a person being merged with Machine.
    Ah, more of this, then?
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

I might not watch this one. The director is the same guy who did The Elite Squad, which seemed more like a repugnant television movie than a film.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I might not watch this one. The director is the same guy who did The Elite Squad, which seemed more like a repugnant television movie than a film.
    and Paul Verhoven went on to direct "Starship Troopers"
    Support your local roller derby league

Yeah, which was much better than The Elite Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Ah, more of this, then?
    Yes, just stretched out to ninety minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Best part of the movie is still when dude gets fired so Robocop can kill him. That was friggen win.
    Best part of the movie Robocop was the movie Robocop. There's not a single part of that movie that isn't a big bucket of win. I'm serious, little issues with being a low-budget 80s movie aside, it's damn near perfect the entire way through.

Actually, it ain't bad when you're saying the best part of the movie is what is basically the last scene. Although here's the real question -- is there a worst part of the movie?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    As good as Robocop was, we do have to keep in mind that it wasn't perfect.
    Wrong. You are wrong.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Best part of the movie Robocop was the movie Robocop. There's not a single part of that movie that isn't a big bucket of win. I'm serious, little issues with being a low-budget 80s movie aside, it's damn near perfect the entire way through.

Actually, it ain't bad when you're saying the best part of the movie is what is basically the last scene. Although here's the real question -- is there a worst part of the movie?
    not really....it's a solid film from one end to the other...my only nitpicky complaint is that you see Murphy get shot up, then you don't see him until he is fully Robocop...this new film is going to show that in between part
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Ah, more of this, then?
    Probably more stretched out scenes like this.

Which is part of what made the original movie so awesome. Yes, there's the drama of "I'm a walking corpse," but it didn't overwhelm the movie. There's just the perfect amount of it. Especially as we don't really get to meet much of Murphy before Boddiker tears him apart. I always found it rather impressive how they managed to segue him into being Robocop so quickly and make the film work. But Murphy is something of a cipher. He doesn't have much character, other than he has a wife and kids and likes to spin his guns. From the interviews and such, it looks like we're going to find out a lot more about Murphy before he becomes a walking tin can housing a couple pounds of organics. Does that make it a better movie? Probably not, but I don't want to get too judgmental before the release.

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    not really....it's a solid film from one end to the other...my only nitpicky complaint is that you see Murphy get shot up, then you don't see him until he is fully Robocop...this new film is going to show that in between part
    I don't know if you really need to. Especially not the way the first film was set up, because there was no in between. There was no transition, there wasn't supposed to be, that was why Robocop was supposed to work. He didn't even question his existence until Emil put it in his head -- he was just Robocop. If there was a transition, the plot as originally presented doesn't work. That was part of the gag -- it wasn't about him becoming Robocop, it was about Robocop becoming Murphy.

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Also - OCP now stands for OmniCorp. This is a totally fickle complaint, but OmniCorp doesn't sound as big and blatantly evil as Omni Consumer Products does in my opinion. Also, doesn't that kind of kill the whole "OCP" nickname for the company too? Yeah, there's an O, C, and P in the name OmniCorp but if I try to apply 'realism' to it I would imagine the shortname for that company would be OCRP.
    I think that might fit under "It's different than I remember it!" And I'm not completely disagreeing, but how many major corporations can you think of that go by their initials these day?

Granted, how many of them can you think of that put "Corporation" or a shortening thereof in their title, either? Which might be part of it, playing with corporations are people kind of thing. Although if we're really lucky, OCP is the actual company name, OmniCorp is more front facing branding.

-Expletive Deleted

BANNED

Im Really Sick of People saying the stop motion for the ed-209 in the original sucked and was low budgeted, for machines stop motion is perfect as the sometimes jerky side effect of stop motion lends it self to the robots robotdic movements.
    is it perfect hell no, but for me it never detracted from the film and ive seen a shit ton of far worse stop motion out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNcka...feature=g-vrec