Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    this is the first items we have gotten from the film, and its a remake its going to have the same plot.

the take there saying this film will have is that they are planing to concentrate more on the characters and the Pyschological aspect/horror of a person being merged with Machine.
    but the outer plot and details will likely remain the same.

and thease days if a remake reboot takes too many steps to be original and differnt people bash the crap out of it for in there minds destroying the source material. (witch i think is bull cus the original is still out there and this is supose to be something new but still thats just how fandom and film goers are)
    People who complaign are stupid, if you want the same movie go watch the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    no it doesnt
    have you seen most modern millitary vehicles and such, the F-22/35 the various stealth bombers all have sharp triangular edges and desgins, this is just how such hardware would look today, at least they totaly kept to the same overall desgin and anatomy of the original as i didnt even expect the 209 to be in the film, and its likely the version that took the tank round was the millitary version of the 209 and the civillian patrol version will be smaller as, the one in the vid looks way too large
    No, no, no, no, this thing does not AT ALL resemble those two jets. At all.
    They have sleek straight line designs while this has random sharp parts all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    I wonder if they will be a moment where ED is chasing someone, gets to some stairs and...
    actually walks down them! SHOCK! HORROR!
    This ED is twice as big as a tank..... it dont think it needs stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    No, no, no, no, this thing does not AT ALL resemble those two jets. At all.
    They have sleek straight line designs while this has random sharp parts all over the place.
    Well, those are designed to fly, this is designed to walk and blow up tanks.

I thought the original Robocop was a lot of fun. I hope I have as much fun watching the remake as I did the original.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Any rumors on the plot? Will it follow closely to the original?

Will we get robot samurais?
    we'll see a lot of the inbetween not seen in the original film, what it takes to merge a human with a machine and hopefully some satire
    Support your local roller derby league

I really like that ED design. It's recognizable but actually looks like something that might function.

I went "holy shit!" about it no-selling a tank cannon, also. No way you're killing one of these with a flight of stairs or a novelty-sized rifle.

I'm guessing the new Robocop will be much more mobile than the Frankenstein-walking of the original.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Animation & Illustration

I'm more bothered by what I've read concerning the remake of Robocop's design. Not least being that he'll be "very human", with a "see-through visor" so that we see the actor's eyes.

Kinnaman is stepping into Peter Weller's metallic shoes and presumably his metallic helmet, but one thing he's emphasizing is that this RoboCop will look and move differently.

When I asked how much of him we were actually going to be able to see, Kinnaman didn't hesitate.

"We'll see me," he promises. "The visor's gonna be see-through. It's going to be much more of a human performance. There's not going to be any twitchy robot [he mimics very mechanical robotic moves]. Our vision of how a robot is going to be in 2046, it's going to be a very human skin, it's gonna look very human. I'm going to be able to put my signature on the body language, too. The first 'RoboCop' movie is one of my favorite movies. I've seen that movie probably 15 or 20 times. But from an acting standpoint, walking around just moving your jaw, it's not so interesting. So this is going to be an opportunity to really bring a full performance to it."

That sounds like a complete 180 of the original design, which emphasized that Robocop was very much NOT human, at least until later in the film when he becomes damaged and we see the eye behind the visor, and then the entire face reveal.

I guess that's why this is a "remake", but damn...
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    I'm more bothered by what I've read concerning the remake of Robocop's design. Not least being that he'll be "very human", with a "see-through visor" so that we see the actor's eyes.

That sounds like a complete 180 of the original design, which emphasized that Robocop was very much NOT human, at least until later in the film when he becomes damaged and we see the eye behind the visor, and then the entire face reveal.

I guess that's why this is a "remake", but damn...
    I'm kind of so-so on the idea of the remake. The casting and director choice seem pretty good for it in my opinion, but some of the ideas I'm hearing coming out of the plot area sound iffy to me. Robo being more human and having a see-through visor? Doesn't him being more human right from the get-go kind of defeat the entire point of what the original movie was about (besides the 80s satire, of course). One of the key points of the movie was that you couldn't take Murphy's humanity away even if you stripped his human pieces away and buried him into a machine. And the original movie portrayed this so well by showing some of his human traits slowly leak out over the course of the movie, until he finally becomes Murphy again at the end.

Also - OCP now stands for OmniCorp. This is a totally fickle complaint, but OmniCorp doesn't sound as big and blatantly evil as Omni Consumer Products does in my opinion. Also, doesn't that kind of kill the whole "OCP" nickname for the company too? Yeah, there's an O, C, and P in the name OmniCorp but if I try to apply 'realism' to it I would imagine the shortname for that company would be OCRP.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

I think they are trying to bring the conflict between Murphys human side and his "programming" more to the forefront....it was there in the original film but didn't really come to the forefront until later

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I think they are trying to bring the conflict between Murphys human side and his "programming" more to the forefront....it was there in the original film but didn't really come to the forefront until later
    Hmmm. Good point.

Fighting his programming was only an issue in the first movie because of Directive 4. Robocop 2 delved a little more into Murphy vs Programming when you think about it.

So it's not going to be Robocop? Is going to be Cyborgcop?
    BTW if it's a see-through visor..... doesn't that mean everyone is going to know who he is?

BTW if it's a see-through visor..... doesn't that mean everyone is going to know who he is?
    It always was cyborgcop, he was made out of a human body and metal parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    It always was cyborgcop, he was made out of a human body and metal parts.
    Yes we all know he is a cyborg but the point is that he is basically a controlled computer a ROBOcop. If he is going to be more human from the start that kind of defeats the purpose of the term Robocop being used.

Yes we all know he is a cyborg but the point is that he is basically a controlled computer a ROBOcop. If he is going to be more human from the start that kind of defeats the purpose of the term Robocop being used.
    we're arguing semantics....I think the conflict between what is left of Murphys brain and the programming OCP throws in there will be in conflict more than we saw in the original films