Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default ROBOCOP Remake First Pics & Viral Video

today we have a new viral video for the Coming Remake of Robocop! (they appear to be taking notes from Prometheus's Ad Campain)

and the ED-209 of the Remake is Revealed
    the Original (1987 - was brought to life using life size models seen here and stop motion animation)

the Remake (2012/2013)

so what are your thoughts on this

for thoose that have not been keeping up with other news related to the robocop remake
    Joel Kinnaman (Safe House, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Remake) has been cast as Alex Murphy/Robocop
    Gary Oldman (The Nolan Batman Films) will be his creator Norton
    Hugh Laurie (Tv's House) will be one of the villians of the film
    and Sammuel l Jackson will play a minor role of some talk show host "id buy that for a Dollar"

LOL! Awesome that Sammuel Jackson is here.

Anyway, ED looks cool, though I hope it looks more realistic and less CGI on the movie. I hope the pic above is merely for the sake of making it appear as an ad, cuz its too CGI-ish.

Too sharp and angular. The old model is cuddlier. How am I supposed to cuddle with that?
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

The old model looked pretty badass and a little unique. The new one looked like something I've seen in every sci-fi film
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

People were saying that the Battleship alien ships look like transformer and i disagreed because THIS actually is the bayformer look, hard spiky edges all over the place for no reason. And goddamn that thing can take a 120mm shot to the face? How the hell can anyone stop it? Are there going to be lasers in this movie or something?

I hope Ed209's intro is going is as memorable as the one in the original.

I hope this film has biting attacks on corporate america and the bush administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I hope this film has biting attacks on corporate america and the bush administration.
    Or on the Gas Issue. I loved those mock commercials

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Or on the Gas Issue. I loved those mock commercials
    I was joking, because nothing from this film thus far looked like it shows originality.
    I probably should have just said that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    People were saying that the Battleship alien ships look like transformer and i disagreed because THIS actually is the bayformer look, hard spiky edges all over the place for no reason. And goddamn that thing can take a 120mm shot to the face? How the hell can anyone stop it? Are there going to be lasers in this movie or something?
    no it doesnt
    have you seen most modern millitary vehicles and such, the F-22/35 the various stealth bombers all have sharp triangular edges and desgins, this is just how such hardware would look today, at least they totaly kept to the same overall desgin and anatomy of the original as i didnt even expect the 209 to be in the film, and its likely the version that took the tank round was the millitary version of the 209 and the civillian patrol version will be smaller as, the one in the vid looks way too large

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I was joking, because nothing from this film thus far looked like it shows originality.
    I probably should have just said that.
    this is the first items we have gotten from the film, and its a remake its going to have the same plot.

the take there saying this film will have is that they are planing to concentrate more on the characters and the Pyschological aspect/horror of a person being merged with Machine.
    but the outer plot and details will likely remain the same.

and thease days if a remake reboot takes too many steps to be original and differnt people bash the crap out of it for in there minds destroying the source material. (witch i think is bull cus the original is still out there and this is supose to be something new but still thats just how fandom and film goers are)
    Last edited by Movieartman; 07-07-2012 at 07:08 PM.

BANNED

Still haven't seen anything that turns me off this.

Any rumors on the plot? Will it follow closely to the original?

Will we get robot samurais?

BANNED

I wonder if they will be a moment where ED is chasing someone, gets to some stairs and... actually walks down them! SHOCK! HORROR!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Any rumors on the plot? Will it follow closely to the original?

Will we get robot samurais?

there saying this film will have is that they are planing to concentrate more on the characters and the Pyschological aspect/horror of a person being merged with Machine.
    but the outer plot and details will likely remain the same.

and the samurai was from the horrific 3rd film so....... NO!