View Poll Results: MOVIE THROWDOWN!! "SPIDER-MAN" VS "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN"

Voters
303. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • "SPIDER-MAN" (2002)

115 37.95%
  • "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN" (2012)

188 62.05%
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

The Amazing Spider-Man takes it for me. The fight scene's were pretty good and I loved his web-swings in it. Andrew also plays a way better Peter/Spidey then Tobey thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Chris200 View Post
    The Amazing Spider-Man takes it for me. The fight scene's were pretty good and I loved his web-swings in it. Andrew also plays a way better Peter/Spidey then Tobey thats for sure
    Agreed.

Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Andrew and Emma are way better than Tobey and Dunst. It made the non-Spider-Man/romance stuff tolerable for me. In the original trilogy I hated just about any scene Dunst was in, and the only enjoyable parts of watching Peter Parker were at the DB.
    Bad news everyone...

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

I saw ASM yesterday. It was okay; I prefer Raimi's Spider-man. It was true to the spirit of the the original Stan Lee/Steve Ditko books which I got to read when I was younger and deeply revere. ASM is more of a late 90's/early 2000's Bendis-style approach, which was okay, just not my thing. Haven't seen anything that yet demonstrates that Webb is better than Raimi at directing, only that Webb is benefiting from ten years of improved CGI, and a fan-base that's all too willing to embrace a dorky "grim dark" aesthetic. Spider-man over Amazing Spider-man all the way.
    Last edited by Ian Pressman; 07-07-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

I found it entertaining, but Raimi's first two I think are better.
    Here I am not convinced of the fact the search for the tattoo, it reminded me of an episode of the simpsons where Bartman out.
    As I understood it needed a catalyst for Peter survived the serum cross-species, which his father signficia experiment with it, it reminded me of Hulk. (If I'm wrong correct me)
    The suit is cool though, I would prefer the classic, that if Andrew and Emma my respects great actors and an excellent interpretation of Peter, better than Tobey, great triggers, as well as the effects, spectacular
    Another negative thing is that the machine had not proved that spread so fast cure, if you saw the trailers for "biological hazard NY" plot became apparent that it would save the city.

Spider-man all the way. I didn't enjoy ASM much, to me and this is just my opinion but it was a very flawed movie and it bugs the hell out of me that so many are quick to bash on the raimi films.

Andrew Garfield was great as Peter Parker, but the film as a whole lets him down. There's too much focus on his parents being gone which honestly, I can only think of a few storylines from the comics when they're a part of it/mentioned. Emma stone was great as Gwen even though I didn't feel "the romance" like you all seem too.
    To me, Raimi's trilogy is superior for multiple reasons.

To begin, TASM seems like it doesn't bring a whole lot of new material, and is working off of a diagram of Raimi's Spider-man - trying hard to do its own thing, but eventually just giving in. While sure, there's the webshooters, how did Peter get the web cartridges? We see him designing the shooter, but again, did he steal the cartridges from Oscorp off-screen? It seems everyone hates raimi's movies for making changes while claiming this movie is more in line with the comics when it's really not. When did the lizard kill Gwen's dad? When did Peter tell Gwen he was Spider-man? When did Peter purposely break a promise he made to a dying person? Though I guess if you have web shooters and a couple of jokes about a car thief, all can be forgiven. (Unless you're Sam Raimi)

Secondly, it didn't feel like Spider-man until the last half-hour or so, and only somewhat then. I didn't dislike Peter running around without a costume - I thought that was pretty cool actually, but I thought I would see him pull off some more heroic feats than hunting down his Uncle's killer. When the Lizard makes his debut, Spider-man is focused on cleaning up after him, not saving people from non-related burning buildings, or purse-snatchers. The pacing is all over the place due to scenes being cut so they can build on them in the second film, in which hurts this one alot because it feels incomplete. Are Flash and Peter friends by the end of the film? The last time they interacted before it was when Peter slammed him againest a locker yet at the end it's all "You're getting there, Parker" "Hey,nice shirt Flash"

Thirdly, there's Doctor Connors. I thought Rhys Ifans was ok. The problem is his lines were horrible, and the pacing during his transformation is just sloppy. He has no internal struggle, just an internal voice telling him to kill Peter Parker. I didn't admire the effects either, and I'm usually very very lenient with them because I do not go see a movie for the special effects it has to offer. His voice did not match the lip movements, which was the justification for why his face is less like a Lizard and more like a man's. And where was his family? They were casted and everything but I don't even think he mentions them. I know you see them in a photo but that's it.

Peter doesn't even attempt to hide his injuries from Aunt May at all which was just odd, almost like he just can't be bothered. I know he's still learning at this stage, but come on. He also seems to break his promise to Captain Stacy and implies he will end up dating Gwen which just goes againest the character of Peter Parker. This version of Spider-man seems to have no firm belief about responsibility.

I know the webswinging looks more "real" and was more practical-less CGI but it also looks alot less graceful.

Overall I think it was sloppy, and it had a lot of potential to live up to its namesake. I loved Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben though, that scene when Peter is in his room listening to the voice mail on his phone broke my heart.
    "You're Iron Man and he just took it? Little brother walked in, kicked your arse and took your suit? Is that possible?" - Nick Fury

I love Raimi's trilogy... its hard not to after 3 movies and being a comicbook nerd. That said, I love ASM.

Some trying hard to be elitist fans are whinning that Parker here is a douche skater than a nerd, thus prefer Tobey Parker more... yet fail to mention about the web shooters, Garfield looks more Parker, etc. lol

Raimi made an iconic Spider-Man movie much like Burton's Batman or Donner's Superman. It was "Spider-Man: The Movie".

ASM is a movie about Spider-Man. More accurately it's about Peter Parker.

Raimi distilled everything about Spider-Man into one movie... because no one was sure there'd be another one. That's also why the sequels are so disjointed and run out of steam.

ASM is all about Peter becoming Spider-Man, and the best part is he isn't even done yet. So far, he's got the costume and the name, but he's not done becoming the hero he is to be. This trilogy will be the origin told in three acts.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

Completely divorced from all context, this is hilarious!

I don't know when it became the trend to payout on the Raimi movies, or Maguire and Dunst.
    Those movies are fantastic, sure, there were a lot of flaws - particularly in the third - but overall they were very good. Spider-Man 2 was until 2012 the perfect superhero movie in my opinion. This trilogy brought Spider-Man back into the public consciousness, kicked off the start of the superhero movie craze and introduced a new generation to culture's greatest character. Tobey Maguire brought Peter Parker to life, and did so very well.

I love The Amazing Spider-Man and I believe that it is the superior franchise, but it owes a lot to the Raimi movies.

Voted for Amazing Spider-Man.

While I still appreciate the original Raimi films, I fee this new film was a improvement on the original. Giving us a Peter Parker that is funny, intelligent, and has heart. Gwen and Peter have real chemistry, the Director and Writers navigated the origin by not dwelling on it too long, Heck even Flash was done much better than the original. I won't bash the original Raimi films to prop this current version up, as I like both just in different ways just like I enjoy 616 Spidey & Ultimate Spidey.

With that in mind one of the biggest problems I had with the Raimi films he always said he was a fan of the Ditko and Stan Lee comics but I think he never really got those stories heart. Peter Parker isn't the loser he portrayed, he never displayed his humor or his sceintific accumen those are vital to the character. Maybe Raimi struggled with MJ, Harry & Venom as those characters weren't heavily featured in the Lee/Ditko stories. After the formulatic approach of the Raimi movies (Villain has a tie to Spidey, Peter is depressing, MJ kidnapped, Aunt May gives a speech, villain dies and mix in MJ screaming a lot) I was ready for a new take on the character and I'm looking forward to the next Spidey movie.

So while I enjoyed the Raimi Spidey movies to an extent for getting the character on screen, I think the new movie captured the character of Spider-Man the best to date.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

I prefer the Raimi movies. Much better.

Here's the redlettermedia Amazing Spiderman review.

Harsh but true.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=63252
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Before I start I wanna express my love for the Raimi trilogy. I loved the first one but to me it hasn't aged that well. The Second to was one of the best Super Hero Movies of all time. The third is just ok would of been much better with a few things changed or cut out of the film...like that freakin dance number -__- anyway I love them and will always think of them fondly but Amazing Spider-man is the better film and seems like the start to a better trilogy. I see the Raimi films in the same light as the Burton Batman movies. I'll have to agree with the poster who says that this movie felt like a Marvel Studios film. It does all the same things as Marvel's films. Mix and matches the best parts of the character from various interpretations (Marvel Universe, Ultimate, cartoons, etc.) and puts forth a movie that captures the tone and spirit of the comics.

Gotta go with TAS. While the 2002 series was better directed to be sure, the chemistry and acting is not on par to the new movie.

Amazing. All it lacked was Jameson.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"