Default Legends of the Dark Knight # 5(spoilers)

If I were to describe this issue in one word, fantastic would be it.

Really, that sums it up nicely.

The concept of the Joker "enlisting" random Gothomites to "help" Batman was fun enough but they took it one step further here when they made the Joker take up Gordon's role. I seriously laughed when I saw that, it's such a twisted reveal that is both seriously dark and humorous at the same time.

The real kicker is the end though, I usually read the Joker as knowing Batman's identity but I don't know if we can take that as a given in this story. Does he know? Is that part of the game? I guess we'll find out next week.

I liked the first three issues of this series well enough, but this three-parter is shaping up to be really good. Can't wait to read the conclusion next week!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The concept of the Joker "enlisting" random Gothomites to "help" Batman was fun enough but they took it one step further here when they made the Joker take up Gordon's role. I seriously laughed when I saw that, it's such a twisted reveal that is both seriously dark and humorous at the same time.
    Yeah, that was amazing. And I love how ambiguous and weird his motives are in this, kind of like in the Laughing Fish where his motives are clearly detrimental to Batman and Gotham in some way, but are more complexly insane than some of his more generic mass murder-y appearances. I like it when writers convey his insanity beyond having him laugh a lot and kill people, and they've definitely succeeded in this case. I also enjoyed Batman casually brushing off Croc's attempts at psychoanalyzing him. I'd be interested in seeing B. Clay Moore do more work on Batman in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    Yeah, that was amazing. And I love how ambiguous and weird his motives are in this, kind of like in the Laughing Fish where his motives are clearly detrimental to Batman and Gotham in some way, but are more complexly insane than some of his more generic mass murder-y appearances. I like it when writers convey his insanity beyond having him laugh a lot and kill people, and they've definitely succeeded in this case. I also enjoyed Batman casually brushing off Croc's attempts at psychoanalyzing him. I'd be interested in seeing B. Clay Moore do more work on Batman in the future.
    That was a pretty great scene," I'm secure in who I am." some writers may have been tempted to use that as a "humanizing" self reflective moment but not here, Batman was solid and moved on.

An actual insane Joker is fantastic, he's just totally twisted and his incomprehensible motivation is just fun to read.

This is the best thing DC's put out in a while. Flawless characterization and dialogue for everyone, a great, simple and wildly entertaining story, and fearless, inspired art. Perfect Batman, easily five stars. I wish this creative team could keep going beyond next week!
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor