View Poll Results: Reboot or Old Universe

Voters
484. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Reboot

75 15.50%
  • Old Universe

221 45.66%
  • Both

23 4.75%
  • Either

6 1.24%
  • There are some aspects of old universe that should be add to New 52

73 15.08%
  • Doesn't matter as long as the stories good

86 17.77%
Page 254 of 427 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 6400

I definitely agree DC could use better management. Given all the dirty laundry we've seen in the past year I think its' pretty clear there's a systemic issue with DC comics.

BANNED

To be honest, I like the DCnU.

Batman/Superman in particular. There are only a few things I hate about it. For instance, Harley Quinn's... change. Yeah, that could have been done differently. In fact, they probably should have left Harley with her original costume and background. There's also turning Amanda Waller into a super-model, which I also despised. That's about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Which is the choice you always had. Eat it or leave it.
    If you think it's shit but eat it anyway, they're not forcing you, you're forcing yourself.
    You can walk away if you don't like, just as those who didn't like the Post Crisis DCU left, just like those who were reading the Golden Age but didn't like the Silver Age moved on.
    If you're a masochist, it's not their fault.
    Thank you for the reply, Mr Didio

Quote Originally Posted by Poe1809 View Post
    Thank you for the reply, Mr Didio
    You know Auguste Dupin has a point. It has always been your choice to either read comics or to not do so. No company in the world is forcing you to continue to buy their product if you absolutely hate it and if you hate it so badly then it should be easy enough to leave it behind whether your emotionally invested in the characters or not. I see a lot of people have done it and I know I've done the same in the past. I really don't see why anyone would continue to buy something they hate. It makes no sense to me and it's a waste of money to boot. YMMV I suppose but when I can't stand something I simply don't buy it anymore. Case in point: I dropped Batman and Robin even though I had been invested in Damian pre-reboot and I have every issue of the pre-reboot series. I wasn't enjoying it so I stopped wasting my time and money on it.

As for myself I have had no trouble in connecting with the majority of the N52 characters that I've been reading and I was reading comics for a year before the reboot and was also a fan of some of them years ago. The only character that I couldn't connect with was Damian Wayne and I simply dropped the main title he's featured in so even that is less of a problem for me.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Yes.

The characters I loved are either gone or are a shadow of what they used to be. I don't care about them.
    Last edited by shark; 12-21-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Yes.

The characters I loved are either gone or are a shadow of what they used to be. I don't care about them.
    Seconded. The characters I like are no longer feel right to me. Superman is a bit of a dick, Green Arrow is meh, it's just not interesting anymore.

The last time I had an emotional connection was when Supergirl died in Crisis #7, but I've continued to enjoy the stories and characters, even through the relaunch.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    He seems pretty kill-happy, and this was established very early on in the new universe. He also doesn't talk with sealife any more, but just controls it, which is pretty sad.
    And controlling sea creatures is bad because...?

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    You know Auguste Dupin has a point. It has always been your choice to either read comics or to not do so. No company in the world is forcing you to continue to buy their product if you absolutely hate it and if you hate it so badly then it should be easy enough to leave it behind whether your emotionally invested in the characters or not. I see a lot of people have done it and I know I've done the same in the past. I really don't see why anyone would continue to buy something they hate. It makes no sense to me and it's a waste of money to boot. YMMV I suppose but when I can't stand something I simply don't buy it anymore. Case in point: I dropped Batman and Robin even though I had been invested in Damian pre-reboot and I have every issue of the pre-reboot series. I wasn't enjoying it so I stopped wasting my time and money on it.

As for myself I have had no trouble in connecting with the majority of the N52 characters that I've been reading and I was reading comics for a year before the reboot and was also a fan of some of them years ago. The only character that I couldn't connect with was Damian Wayne and I simply dropped the main title he's featured in so even that is less of a problem for me.
    But it can be hard to let go.

Well comics just aren't written the way they used to be, I guess? I mean I think any attachment I still have for Marvel is owed to the original X-Factor series that got me started reading comics. If I take a close look at what is being written now, I don't really see the connection, just an illusion of emotional investment over the years. I can see how the New 52 could shatter that for many people. My new 'thing' is Cable and Hope (again, Marvel) but I have not felt that story compelling at all since the Cable series ended during Second Coming, until the new Cable and X-Force series.

In the meantime, I've been jumping between a lot of DC titles looking for new characters and stories to relate to (DC over Marvel because it is cheaper) and not being tied down by how it serves some story written over 20 years ago, and I've found that a lot of stuff has really drawn me in (RIP JLI).

Seems like a lot of you need to jet from what you're reading if none of it's giving you any emotional reaction at all. Or, even if it's just nostalgia.

Find other comics. Find better comics.

yea I'm really not feeling these characters. The post-crisis DCU had such a personality and I could really feel for the characters but now I'm so indifferent to what happens to them. It's kind of like im reading an eleborate elseworlds or Flashpoint universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    But it can be hard to let go.
    If someone feels that these characters are not the same as the ones they grew up with or the ones they were emotionally invested in then I would think they should be able to let them go quite easily by virtue of that.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    If someone feels that these characters are not the same as the ones they grew up with or the ones they were emotionally invested in then I would think they should be able to let them go quite easily by virtue of that.
    Your line of thought seems perfect in theory, but not in practice. More often than not emotional investment and attachment makes you stay beyond the point you should've left and this is true for all forms of entertainment. In addition, some Post-CoIE fans who are very aware of how that era came about probably felt the need to at least give the New 52 a try to see if lightning could strike twice.

It didn't for me, and a forced 6 week break due to Unemployment running out made it very easy for me to cut out the New DCU, because it's a Universe I couldn't give 2 craps about.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    Your line of thought seems perfect in theory, but not in practice. More often than not emotional investment and attachment makes you stay beyond the point you should've left and this is true for all forms of entertainment. In addition, some Post-CoIE fans who are very aware of how that era came about probably felt the need to at least give the New 52 a try to see if lightning could strike twice.

It didn't for me, and a forced 6 week break due to Unemployment running out made it very easy for me to cut out the New DCU, because it's a Universe I couldn't give 2 craps about.
    That is something that I've never understood but maybe I'm just the odd man out here. This is fiction we are talking about, not some living, breathing person, so I don't see why it should be so hard to leave it behind if it's not satisfying to you. In some cases I'm not even sure it's emotional investment so much as obsession or maybe OCD that is keeping people reading when they no longer enjoy it. (Not saying that's true of yourself just pointing it out is all) Since I'm neither I just don't get why someone would put themselves through all this agony they seem to be going through. It's silly and a bit masochistic to do so IMHO.