View Poll Results: Reboot or Old Universe

Voters
484. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Reboot

75 15.50%
  • Old Universe

221 45.66%
  • Both

23 4.75%
  • Either

6 1.24%
  • There are some aspects of old universe that should be add to New 52

73 15.08%
  • Doesn't matter as long as the stories good

86 17.77%
Page 249 of 427 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 6400
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrSkeleton View Post
    I want my pre-Flashpoint DC back!
    The poll seems to agree with you...

I voted for the reboot. There are times when I miss the old universe, but there's still a lot that I like about the reboot and some of it wouldn't have been possible in the old DCU. Wonder Woman's main title bored me to tears before the reboot, but now it's one of my favorite DC titles. I also like that they've integrated the Wildstorm characters into the DCU. It feels like it has the potential be much larger than the old universe.

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    The poll seems to agree with you...
    I'm pretty sure the last, oh, 5-10 polls on the same subject went the other way...

(exaggeration for effect)
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Reboot. Thst time go more with the silver age. A bit like New Frontier but in the contemporary age, don't forget about Ralph, Red and Rex, eventually do a version of the JLI.

You know what, as far as I care, the whole thing could be set in the 60s, why not.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Old universe. No interest in the reboot.
    Quoted for truth.

Aquaman
    What's wrong with the Aquaman reboot? I'm just getting into Aqua man, but I've heard literally nothing but good things about Geoff Johns' run on Arthur's title.

Anyway, I recognize that the New 52 was necessary from a marketing standpoint, but I completely feel that it could have been done better. Really, though, my biggest problem is with DC's current talent pool. The Big 2 are best when they are constantly striving against each other, and right now, Marvel seems to have WAY more top talent. DC needs to start treating creators better or something, because as good as the top writers and artists they have are, there just aren't enough of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    You know what, as far as I care, the whole thing could be set in the 60s, why not.
    The 1960's really weren't that interesting (at least, from what I remember).
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    Reboot. Thst time go more with the silver age. A bit like New Frontier but in the contemporary age, don't forget about Ralph, Red and Rex, eventually do a version of the JLI.

If it were editorially and creatively overseen by Darwyn Cooke.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Man, I prefer the DCU before the "Flash of Two Worlds" issue, which introduced the concept of the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    (That is essentially what the Star Trek universe did a few years ago when the new movie came out, showing a new timeline being created to replace the old one. All of a sudden, all of the previous Star Trek movies and TV shows and novels and so forth have never happened, and never will happen, to the versions of Kirk and Spock and Uhura and so forth whom we saw in that movie! That was an honest-to-goodness Reboot!)
    The old timeline was never replaced by the new one; even in the movie they stated that they are living in an alternate universe, created by Nero's travel to the past. The old TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY universe still continues. It would be horrifying to think that if the old timeline was wiped out, "Enterprise" is the only series that's still canon. This isn't a reboot so much as a start of a new universe in the same way that the Ultimate universe was for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by hobogunn View Post
    Man, I prefer the DCU before the "Flash of Two Worlds" issue, which introduced the concept of the multiverse.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a Golden Age fan. You are a rare breed. There's something to be said of simpler times without the Batman as dick persona and Superman being the most powerful being on the planet.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

I love the pre-flashpoint/52 world but I love Aquaman,Batgirl,Batwoman,and Worlds' Finest and I miss BOP,Secret Six, Justice Society,Justice League, Titans,Outsiders,and Power Girl
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

In the interest of not having an infinite, infinite number of threads on this same topic, I'm STICKING this one up to the top.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Moderator Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

For people who just joined this ... latest addition to the massive pre-existing cluster of threads, I've pretty much said my thoughts in the relevant link in my sig.

As far as I am concerned, the pre-Flashpoint universe (and all other fictional universes and continuities) never stopped existing, and can be revisited when one reads their stories again. I still want more new good DCU stories, of course.

Default Do you have a problem emotionally connecting with the DCnU?

I grew up reading Marv Wolfman and George Pérez's Teen Titans. Nightwing was/is my favorite character in DC, Tim Drake was my Robin, Wally West was my Flash, and Kyle Rayner was my Green Lantern. I grew up reading these characters, watching them grow and mature. I am having the hardest time connecting with them in the DCnU.

Its not that I think the DCnU sucks or the stories are bad, I just don't feel any emotional attachment to the characters at all. DCnU Red Robin is not the Tim Drake I grew up reading, Nightwing and all those stories with the Titans I read never happened to DCnU Dick Grayson, Wally West doesn't appear to exist, and even if he does he never was best friends with Dick Grayson and Kyle Rayner, etc. Reading the DCnU feels like I am reading a bunch of Elseworlds stories without the bizzare and crazy stuff an Elseworlds book could get away with.

Did anyone else have this problem? If so how did you get past it? I grew up a huge DCU fan and honestly it kinda sucks looking at scenes that in theory are awesome, but I don't care about because they are happening to characters I no longer have any connection to.
    Black characters always get looter powers.
    ~darknessatnoon