Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

At this point the bigger gimmick would be to go the completely opposite direction. They could spin that as being new reader friendly too with some clever PR.

- Limited emphasis on crossovers, get the whole story in one book and not get scared away by casts of hundreds
    - Continuity-heavy storylines, encourage new readers to stick with their books and watch their favorites grow and develop
    - Point to DC's reliance on gimmicks and reboots as lazy storytelling, state that by contrast every Marvel story "matters" and that their writers can pull this off while DC's can't
    - Long history should be a selling point not a turn-off, new readers are "jumping on" to a rich 50+ year tradition of great stories, all of which are conveniently available digitally
    - Separate the franchises instead of combining them, emphasize the distinct flavors of the main books so that there's something for everyone to enjoy
    - Make the universe seem bigger, not smaller, sell the fact that the Avengers movie is just the beginning and that the MU is huge and expansive with unique personalities in every corner, not just a handful of places with Wolverine happening to be in all of them at once
    - Promote female/minority/LGBT heroes, make the point that Marvel's roster is just as diverse as its audience

The whole promotion could be titled "Marvel FOREVER!" or something like that, with the implication that once you buy one comic, you'll love it so much you'll keep coming back to Marvel, FOREVER!
    Last edited by PwrdOff; 07-07-2012 at 01:58 AM.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

This thread= premature internet ejaculations.

Let's wait and see first.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

BANNED

The answer: It isn't. It's just another type of hyping of a line of books like Dark Reign, Battle Scars, The Initiative and the Heroic Age.

Which worked, don't get me wrong. It's just- we've been here before, and will probably be here again in another year or so.

New creative teams. For me thats the big draw. Hickman on Avengers? Yes please! Hopefully thier will be a chance for long runs with big arching plots. Also the bimonthly schedual allows for more stories.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    This thread= premature internet ejaculations.

Let's wait and see first.
    Well explain why its different. It was compared to ecstatic reboot so I assumed that meant changing continuity. Like now wolverine formed the avengers or something. Don't be a Dick if technically on the facts the op is correct.
    FAdam K- How do you read comics and sit around on this board and not know who Gorilla Man is after the last couple of years??

Boycott #1 issues!!!!!

Where is red hulk's moustache?

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    How is this thread different than any other Sabrewulf thread?
    7-05-2012 01:34 PM. The threads the same only the date has changed.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    Joe Quesada: Marvel NOW! is the next step in Marvel story evolution and character evolution. It’s not a reboot. It is a universe-shifting catch-all, which really just tells fans that if you enjoyed Avengers vs. X-Men, get ready for what the outcome is because there’s some major, major changes coming to the Marvel Universe. A lot of changes to the character status quos, alter egos, costumes, creator shifts, design shifts, the way that we do our covers, digital shifts and the way we start delivering our books. We’re continuing with our evolution push as we start to embrace more and more of the digital world and its technology; the sky’s the limit with Infinite Comics, AR, and all sorts of things. As the technology changes we’re going to change with it and our fans are going to eventually tell us what it is that they really love out of all those things that we’re playing with. But it’s a big shift because it’s not just story and character. There’s also the way we tell our stories and the way we deliver our stories that are starting to change as well.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19008/m...#ixzz1zlpwaxh3

Isn't that what they say everytime. Then six months later an event then six months after that were back here again.
    Ther is a very simple Rule to go by, if Joe Q is talking he is lying, that will be true often enough to serve you well. If called on it he simply didn't want to spoil the stories.

They Hype to sell books, that is what they are paid to do, honesty gets in the way of that. And Hype is just another way to lie
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    It comes with a digital copy download.
    It's a Sabrewulf thread. The digital version is all there is.

Cybertron 5th Commander

Honestly it might look the same, but I'm just pleased at the creators they've assigned. I don't think there's been a widescale relaunch after a major event that's excited me with creator assignments like this since Heroes Return.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by satchmo the dragon View Post
    Well explain why its different. It was compared to ecstatic reboot so I assumed that meant changing continuity. Like now wolverine formed the avengers or something. Don't be a Dick if technically on the facts the op is correct.
    We don't know exactly what's happening because Marvel haven't said exactly what's happening. Unless you have a time machine and have gone into the future and seen what leads to the changes in the Marvel universe.

We don't know what's happening to the X-men as the original five are coming back. We also don't know what happens to the timeline that these characters are being brought into the present. The original X-men being brought into present and having them be the premier X-title isn't just placing a slogan on the cover of the book. That's a major continuity shift.

We don't know what happens to the Avengers that there will now be a mutant/human team.

We don't know what leads to characters changing their outfits and old characters assuming new alter egos (Alonso has specifically said a major character will have a new identity).

Please, let's wait and see first.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    It's a Sabrewulf thread. The digital version is all there is.
    I'd love to go chill at this brother's pad. Listen to Wulf rant on about comics, while he passes out punch and stuff, but alas, this is all we've got.

The way I see Marvel Now:

Remember Big Shots, from last year? This is Bug Shots again, but instead of three books, we get 22. I liked Big Shots for the most part, so I'm becoming more okay with this as the days go by.
    Comics enjoyed by my Old Lady: Chew, IKG, Saga, JTHM, Ex Machina, Gil Kane's Green Lantern, Wormwood, NYX, Jurgen and JMS's Thor, along with a few others.

Someone aware me on this Sabrewulf fellow? WHy are people mentioning his threads. What is he about? Is he the Wolverine of the boards or Slapstick?

After this event Bendis won't be on Avengers and New Avengers, it's enough to make me excited for the relaunch.
    Currently recommending: Daredevil, Mudman ( it's back!), Hawkguy, and FF. Can't miss!

Cybertron 5th Commander

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post

We don't know what happens to the Avengers that there will now be a mutant/human team.
    Um, the Avengers have never been discriminating against mutant members, and have had mutant members for the longest time with no real long term issues (barring Scarlet Witch's insanity), their membership over the years has included several prominent mutants after all - Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Beast, Namor, Justice, Firestar and even Storm and Wolverine. That's practically a non-issue.

This has become a "bash Sabrewulf" thread more than it is anything else. Maybe someone can try again later.