Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member white_wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    335

    Default Venom. Where to start?

    I've heard good things about the Venom run and was wondering where should I start? Is it possible to find trades of the first ones or should I wait to the next arc and just jump in?

  2. #2

    Default

    Well honestly, there aren't too many issues so far so I'd say just start at the beginning. i think the run really hits its stride after the spider island stuff right before the circle of four arc. and the circle of four arc was really good imo. very entertaining. also the venom series successfully made jack-o-lantern into a very disturbing character

  3. #3
    Senior Member Phantom Roxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,124

    Default

    The Big Time Ultimate Collection contains 654.1, which is really just a prologue to the series. If you're looking for trades, here you go.

    Venom Volume 1
    Spider-Island (Only for the Venom tie-ins)
    Venom: Circle of Four
    Venom: The Savage Six

  4. #4

    Default

    Just grab the trade for the first 6 issues. The next one comes out soon, and in a few months Circle of Four and Savage Six both come out in trade paperback the same month! Its truely fantastic series.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadshalldeadremain View Post
    Just grab the trade for the first 6 issues. The next one comes out soon, and in a few months Circle of Four and Savage Six both come out in trade paperback the same month! Its truely fantastic series.
    Start at issue 1 it's a amazing series!!!!

  6. #6
    PAD on SM2099 please! JGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Start at Secret Wars #8 and get ready to spend some massive $ on every alien symbiote/Venom issue from then on.

    Good luck!
    - Jason G. Carr

  7. #7
    Moderator Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    23,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    Start at Secret Wars #8 and get ready to spend some massive $ on every alien symbiote/Venom issue from then on.

    Good luck!
    Do not follow this man's advice.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

    Formerly,
    Cyberman

    Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

  8. #8
    Loose mongoose Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Green and purple autumn
    Posts
    2,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do not follow this man's advice.
    He shouldn't get every Venom appearance unless he's a massive fan, but he should try to get:
    The Birth of Venom
    Vengeance of Venom
    Venom: Lethal Protector
    Spectacular Spiderman: The Hunger
    Sinister Spiderman
    Anti-Venom: New Ways to Live
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

  9. #9
    Member Mr. Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    He shouldn't get every Venom appearance unless he's a massive fan, but he should try to get:
    The Birth of Venom
    Vengeance of Venom
    Venom: Lethal Protector
    Spectacular Spiderman: The Hunger
    Sinister Spiderman
    Anti-Venom: New Ways to Live
    Don't forget New Ways to Die.
    And Venom Dark Origin is a great companion to Birth of Venom
    Comics enjoyed by my Old Lady: Chew, IKG, Saga, JTHM, Ex Machina, Gil Kane's Green Lantern, Wormwood, NYX, Jurgen and JMS's Thor, along with a few others.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •