View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #12

Voters
55. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great: I loved it, can't wait for the next issue!

45 81.82%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

6 10.91%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 3.64%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

1 1.82%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

1 1.82%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RadioActiveLunch View Post
    Just finished reading the issue, and my first question is How will Miles get another suit? does he have SHIELD's contact info? If an event didn't start next issue, I'd like to see them explain him just having a brand new suit out of nowhere.

And I doubt the Prowler dies just like that. Clearly Miles feels guilty. And i too loved him rescuing the people on the bus because it made him seem legit hero. I just want the general public to realize he isn't Peter Parker. That one lady kept saying I'm glad you're not dead.

Damn I need to hurry up and get a subscription to this book.
    Maybe the new girl will know how to sew !

Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    I said I'd give this series a dozen issues before passing judgement on whether it was worth destroying what came before it. It's not. It's taken a full 12 issues for anything important to happen. It's slow and plodding. Miles is boring. Ganke is a stereotype from the Golden Age of comics. Miles' family is a stereotype from 70's Norman Lear. All of this I realized in the first issue and subsequent issues have just driven that point home. It's not the worst comic series I've ever read, but it definitely isn't as good as the old USM.

Bring back Ultimate Peter Parker. And get a new writer.
    It's too bad you feel this way, but neither thing is going to happen so I guess, see ya around?

double post, my apologies.

Just finished reading the issue, and my first question is How will Miles get another suit? does he have SHIELD's contact info? If an event didn't start next issue, I'd like to see them explain him just having a brand new suit out of nowhere.

And I doubt the Prowler dies just like that. Clearly Miles feels guilty. And i too loved him rescuing the people on the bus because it made him seem legit hero. I just want the general public to realize he isn't Peter Parker. That one lady kept saying I'm glad you're not dead.

Damn I need to hurry up and get a subscription to this book.
    Just because an event is going to start doesn't mean his costume is going to be miraculously fixed.

Peter also used to have suit problems which weren't fixed the next issue.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 07-05-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Just because an event is going to start doesn't mean his costume is going to be miraculously fixed.
    I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Wow. I've thought that this series has been pretty enjoyable, if a bit slow, but this issue was absolutely amazing.

Edit: I am so confused. Why is this series so good, yet I hate everything else Bendis has written?
    This is the type of series he shines in. One where hes allowed to slow the story down and give us great character moments as well as build up. He sucks at team books because they directly conflict with his style where he has to do a balancing act because theres more than one main character to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    It's too bad you feel this way, but neither thing is going to happen so I guess, see ya around?
    I bet Bendis (or Miles) will be gone before issue 100 if the series makes it that far.

Elder Member

I bet Bendis (or Miles) will be gone before issue 100 if the series makes it that far.
    He's not leaving, that much he himself has made clear

I'd take that bet!

I said I'd give this series a dozen issues before passing judgement on whether it was worth destroying what came before it. It's not. It's taken a full 12 issues for anything important to happen. It's slow and plodding. Miles is boring. Ganke is a stereotype from the Golden Age of comics. Miles' family is a stereotype from 70's Norman Lear. All of this I realized in the first issue and subsequent issues have just driven that point home. It's not the worst comic series I've ever read, but it definitely isn't as good as the old USM.

Bring back Ultimate Peter Parker. And get a new writer.

Like what's his name who posted non stop about how much he hated Miles it sounds like you still have the mindset of before issue #1 dropped that it was going to be crap( because Ultimate Pete's book was slow also but you'll ignore that ) but whatever you dropped it so bye
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

I always wonder if it's more diverse or less diverse to have an interracial couple in fictional stories lol. I was kinda excited for Miles to have a cute black love interest; we don't see a lot of them developed too often. Maybe there'll be a live triangle. I can only hope :).

Great issue. Don't think Prowler's gone. Gwen and Aunt May will meet Miles in Spider-Men (either that or I'l flip out lol).
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    In our faces? He basically almost himself by being violent and crazy. That's more of a green goblin moment. Miles said "with great power comes great responsibility" himself earlier in the issue. And I kinda remember you saying Uncle Aaron not that bad a guy, and he just wanted to toughen Miles up. Nope it turns out EVERYONE ELSE was right and he's a violent psychopathic manipulative child abuser who cares about nothing but his own personal gain. Really wasn't gonna point out how wrong you were until I saw "In your faces people"
    Look I really don't want to get into an internet fight. So I am going to say you are right I'm sorry. Personally I don't believe anyone can become completely evil. I believe everyone has both good and evil and I would like to see Aaron's past to see what went so wrong.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 07-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.

C'mon people start throwing out some theories for the next issue! Its like 50% of why I read and comment in these threads.

Last edited by RadioActiveLunch; 07-05-2012 at 08:15 PM.

C'mon people start throwing out some theories for the next issue! Its like 50% of why I read and comment in these threads.

I was thinking of trying to get these 3 covers to put on the wall because they look sweet...but i changed my mind cause it looks like Miles is 5 years older for some reason.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    I was thinking of trying to get these 3 covers to put on the wall because they look sweet...but i changed my mind cause it looks like Miles is 5 years older for some reason.
    They released a poster...