Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    We don't know that as yet, it was unfair for me to suggest that Scott meant Limbo when he did say the X-Brig, but we have no idea that he doesn't know about Limbo, and it was a perfectly logical assumption to make in regards him meaning Limbo thanks to the disjointed releasing of the tie ins to this event
    We've already seen the other members of the P5 doing their own thing without Scott's knowledge. Scott would be anti-Limbo simply because he wants his prisoners lined up where he can see them.

There have been broad hints that the Phoenix 5 are going to fracture because of differences of opinion. If Illyana is throwing people into Limbo without Scott's knowledge or approval, and if Emma is egging on Namor to invade a sovereign nation, that shows that 1. the Phoenix is not a hive mind and the Phoenix 5 are not some collective, and 2. Scott doesn't have full control over them. The arc of the next few books will probably show him trying to reassert control, and possibly stripping the Phoenix Force away from Namor and/or Magik

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I like that too. He was the voice of reason within the group and the one trying maintain the humanity within the rest of the P5, who seemed to be more ruthlesw with their power

No its not. The X-Brig is the X-Brig, a prison contained on Utopia. Limbo is somehing entirely different
    Certainly Cyclops has been redeemed a bit this issue, at the expense of three of the other four P5 members.

He's still incredibly single minded and taking the Doom approach to world rule, but he doesn't come off as fanatical or unreasonable here at all. I suspect we're seeing how Scott will eventually realise that as much as the PF is helping, the others are going to be the ones who ruin everything, not Wanda or Cap
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    How nice. And yet horrific.

"We're going to patch you up and then chuck you into a demon anterealm. Are we not merciful?"
    it is like rubbing with alcohol before the lethal injection. You don't want an infection to set in.

Quote Originally Posted by quillero View Post
    Why? Seriously, why?

He's actually being writing kinda cool/not annoying for once, why would he need to derail the story just to add something to his list of feats?

The story advances with a P5 schism. It doesn't with another Surfer headlock moment.
    Wait-a-minute....so by hving BP/Tchalla save Wakanda he wud b "annoying" or "just adding something 2 his list of feats" when it is IN XCTER?

And we never said BP shud defeat P-Namor we said "save Wakanda"...4 all we know BP/Tchalla cud teleport P-Namor in2 another dimension or far side of d galaxy afterall Wakanda is d "most teknologically advanced place on earth" & as frm d Doomwar story BP inventd a device of such capability.

So P-Namor doesnt get beaten but rather hindered in his attempt 2 destroy Wakanda..........aaaaaand dat doesnt count as a feat but rather smart thinking which is VERY MUCH within BP/Tchalla's capabilities. amongst other things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    We've already seen the other members of the P5 doing their own thing without Scott's knowledge. Scott would be anti-Limbo simply because he wants his prisoners lined up where he can see them.
    Actually, because he wants them to stop opposing him and get along. He doesn't want deaths nor torture.

BANNED

namor to the rescue!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Wait-a-minute....so by hving BP/Tchalla save Wakanda he wud b "annoying" or "just adding something 2 his list of feats" when it is IN XCTER?

And we never said BP shud defeat P-Namor we said "save Wakanda"...4 all we know BP/Tchalla cud teleport P-Namor in2 another dimension or far side of d galaxy afterall Wakanda is d "most teknologically advanced place on earth" & as frm d Doomwar story BP inventd a device of such capability.

So P-Namor doesnt get beaten but rather hindered in his attempt 2 destroy Wakanda..........aaaaaand dat doesnt count as a feat but rather smart thinking which is VERY MUCH within BP/Tchalla's capabilities. amongst other things.
    How would that have anything to do with the storyarcs of AvX?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Certainly Cyclops has been redeemed a bit this issue, at the expense of three of the other four P5 members.
    I wouldnt say that. Namor, Illyana and Emma's portrayal isnt that far off from who they are. The Phoenix has only amplified that. Namor especially felt very much in character

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

I'm not fully sure on the political situation in Wakanda, but would I be correct in assuming that Shuri is actually the ruler of the country? Is it remotely likely that to save her people, she'd do a deal with P-Namor, ruler to ruler? That's certainly something we've seen Namor do before with people like Doom, a bit of kingly politics

Wanda pwning the P5 i like cause makes them realize they are not all powerful, like what Cytorakk did to colossus in UXM#15
    Cyke being in control of his power + it seems he rather communicate to the avengers in getting along than rather Kill (this is a very good thing)
    Hope showing her fear for the PF foreshadowing that the PF has it's own plans down the road and Hope is involved
    Cant understand for the life of me why Capt. America is acting like such a douche bag and is acting without reasoning!!
    Emma showing her colors with the PF amplifying her emotions check!! we can pretty much speculate where this is gonna go.
    Namor attacking Wakanda cause of Emma's manipulation (I think it'll be Cyke who comes and help the Avengers briefly in AvX#8)

I wouldnt say that. Namor, Illyana and Emma's portrayal isnt that far off from who they are. The Phoenix has only amplified that. Namor especially felt very much in character
    Yes, but what I meant was that this is possibly the first issue where we've been given an actual 'villain' in as far as Emma, Illyana and Namor actively working to go against Cyclops, to incite violence and to support killing, where as before, in the main book anyway, they've been more grey and debatable

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    How nice. And yet horrific.

"We're going to patch you up and then chuck you into a demon anterealm. Are we not merciful?"
    Hey the other X-men wanted to kill him.
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Wanda pwning the P5 i like cause makes them realize they are not all powerful, like what Cytorakk did to colossus in UXM#15
    Cyke being in control of his power + it seems he rather communicate to the avengers in getting along than rather Kill (this is a very good thing)
    Hope showing her fear for the PF foreshadowing that the PF has it's own plans down the road and Hope is involved
    Cant understand for the life of me why Capt. America is acting like such a douche bag and is acting without reasoning!!
    Emma showing her colors with the PF amplifying her emotions check!! we can pretty much speculate where this is gonna go.
    Namor attacking Wakanda cause of Emma's manipulation (I think it'll be Cyke who comes and help the Avengers briefly in AvX#8)
    No! It's for Blue Skinned Goddess!

I have to agree. And I applaud the Marvel writers for taking that road. Having the P5 remain fundamentally themselves, but amplified, is wiser storytelling than having them get taken over or overwritten by the Phoenix.