Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,695

    Default The Fighting American is on it's way to Dynamite Entertainment.

    Below is a story on CBR's homepage, and this is something I'm REALLY excited about! I know this classic character has roots back to the 50's but I first got into him when he was being published by Awesome Entertainment back in the late 90's and totally fell in love with the character only to see him fade back into obscurity, but thanks to Dynamite The Fighting American is back! Yes!

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=22210

  2. #2
    Junior Member Ballistic27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    212

    Default

    That article is from three years ago. Did it ever happen? Or is it still happening?

  3. #3
    NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic27 View Post
    That article is from three years ago. Did it ever happen? Or is it still happening?
    Not sure, lol. I got it from the official forums to be honest.

  4. #4
    Michael md62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    It didn't happen. The Kirby estate said yes but the Simon estate said no.

  5. #5
    Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ???????
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Edit: read it, saw it was from 2009.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis,Mn
    Posts
    465

    Default im not surprized

    Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    It didn't happen. The Kirby estate said yes but the Simon estate said no.
    As much as I loved what Simon and Kirby did, back in 1954 with the FA series, I REALLY hated the mini series dc but out in the early 90s.I think that there are VERY few tallents out there who could even begin to capture half what Joe and Jack did. Steve Rude perhaps.Anyway,I cant't help but feel, that any atempt at a revival, will be a shadow's shadow of the original.

  7. #7
    Michael md62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J. View Post
    As much as I loved what Simon and Kirby did, back in 1954 with the FA series, I REALLY hated the mini series dc but out in the early 90s.I think that there are VERY few tallents out there who could even begin to capture half what Joe and Jack did. Steve Rude perhaps.Anyway,I cant't help but feel, that any atempt at a revival, will be a shadow's shadow of the original.
    I totally agree. It would be difficult to find the right creators to do FA justice. I am happy Dynamite did not get the license. I have been very unhappy the way they treat their books. Buy a license. Print a mini series. Then you never see that character again. Meanwhile no other publisher can publish new material with that character because Dynamite still has the rights tied up.

  8. #8
    The Dark Knight Returns DonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Cleve
    Posts
    13,806

    Default

    How do you find an article from 2009 and not realize it's from 2009?
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •