Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Had a hard time getting into this one. Perhaps it will read better sandwiched between other stories? *shrug*

It's like <The Passing stranger>. I guess <The Play> is right after <Dr. Leskovar's Remedy>, but Still It's Another Wandering stuff.

Just stopping by to say that the best thing about the one-shots we're doing right now is that there's something for everyone. Those of you who didn't enjoy THE PLAY quite as much as the reviewers did will love THE WIDOW AND THE TANK a couple of months from now. And then not long after, you'll find that THE INQUISITOR brings a couple of familiar faces into play...and changes the game dramatically for what's to come.

Hi Christopher!

Don't worry, I don't think any of us have been put off Baltimore. We're sticking with the lord :D

This was my very first contact with Baltimore and I enjoyed it immensely. As it was packed with allusions to some of the best of Poe's works, I found it very resonant. And of course putting imagery from the Masque of the Red Death into a theatre conjured up the 1925 film version of The Phantom of the Opera. All in all reading it was both creepy and compellingly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Deason View Post
    This was my very first contact with Baltimore and I enjoyed it immensely. As it was packed with allusions to some of the best of Poe's works, I found it very resonant. And of course putting imagery from the Masque of the Red Death into a theatre conjured up the 1925 film version of The Phantom of the Opera. All in all reading it was both creepy and compellingly entertaining.
    Thanks for adding that. And welcome! I must still get hold of this one with being to read it, but you assure me in how that will be good.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.