The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Character power levels in the New 52 DCU: is everybody stronger, weaker, or the same?

When DC made the transition from the Pre-COIE Multiverse to the Post-COIE DCU, everybody's power was noticeably reduced. Superman could no longer throw planets, but would strain to lift the Great Pyramid of Egypt. Flash could no longer run at hyperluminal speeds (at first), but was limited to the speed of sound, etc.

Ten months into the New 52 DCU, do we have a clear idea of the characters' power levels compared to where they were in the immediate Pre-FLASHPOINT DCU? I get this odd feeling that everybody is "weaker" again, although the difference between present power levels and Pre-FLASHPOINT isn't as great as the difference between Pre-COIE and Post-COIE levels.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

I don't see it. The only character who seems weaker is Babs, she seems to lost a significant amount of both smarts and skills. Everyone else just seems to be at usual power (although, Barry thought he had to keep at a certain speed or he'd open a wormhole for a little bit, if that counts) or even stronger (like Supergirl with her new energy power).

Wonder Woman seems to a bit weaker and has totally lost the power of flight..
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Everyone is weaker/less powerful, but the change was not as big as the one generated by COIE. Technology also suffered a major step back - which is understandable in a five year time-line with way less aliens and people from the future than before, not to mention some super-geniuses,

Quote Originally Posted by Jadenewt View Post
    She still flies, just not all the time. It was shown both in JL and her own monthly.

I hadn't noticed in JL she always seems to be taking the ground attack..
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadenewt View Post
    Was going to say. Wonder Woman is the only one who is consistently presented as being weaker then she was Post Crisis.
    The rest seeming weaker is pretty easily explained by simply not enough time for the characters to start doing really crazy stuff as of yet.

Well, Captain Atom is significantly more powerful.
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

I'll have to ask Vegeta what the scouter says.

I think it depends on the person, superman and wonder woman is definitely weaker, while cyborg has received a major power boost. It just depends on the person to be honest.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Black Canary also got a power boost. Using sonic screams to intercept missiles and produce limited flight.

Red Robin could be said to have a boost, what with his invulnerable jetpack.

Wondergirl seems more powerful to me, punching attack helicopters and sucking out life energy with her lariat.

Superboy seems to be remarkably powerful, but also surprisingly vulnerable.
    Same Day: Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, DemonK, JLD, Dial H, Earth 2, SoS
    Maybe Later: Action, GL, Aqua, DCUP, Titans, Firestorm, Animal, Swampy, Batwoman, Worlds F, JL, Flash, PhantomS, BoP, GL: NG