Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

He has been cured too many time for me to care what happens to him now.
    I am just waiting till he gets sick again, that's how i break the chapters in Cable's history.

They always give him the T-O VIRUS again because deep down they know everyone prefers Stryfe.
    "Trust me, Henry. I'm a doctor."

-DB

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    Act three begins in issue #9 so either Cable wakes up at the end of #8 or sometime near the finale. With the world burning in #11-12 it would make sense for him to come out of his healing coma in time to either watch Hope die or save her.

Either way, Cable is listed as having a team up with Cap in A + X #1 so I would imagine he will have to wake up by the end of AvX or at the very latest during Consequences. They cant lose the opportunity given the finale involves his father and his daughter.
    Act I was issues 1-5, Act II is 6-9, and Act III is 10-12; so it goes 5-4-3. At least that's what I read somewhere. Regardless, he's showing up at some point in this event...

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    He has been cured too many time for me to care what happens to him now.
    I am just waiting till he gets sick again, that's how i break the chapters in Cable's history.
    He's put the virus into remission somehow twice before (in Soldier X and then Cable/Deadpool) but he still had the mechanical left arm and eye. This time Hope has completely purged him of the T-O virus and it appears as though his arm and eye are flesh and blood again...

...though not for long by looking at the Marvel NOW poster by Joe Quesada.

My guess is that they want to simplify the character a bit, so they decided to ditch the virus aspect and make him just a cyborg again. So something probably happens to him in AxV where he loses his left arm (which he replaces with a bionic one) and his right eye this time (which he doesn't replace; hence the eye patch).

Just a theory, but if that ends up being the case then I don't expect the T-O virus to come back. We'll see...
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-16-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Just a theory, but if that ends up being the case then I don't expect the T-O virus to come back. We'll see...
    If he doesn't have the TO virus I'm guessing he won't have his powerful TK or TP either?

There will be a powerful splash page where he switches to his left side and continues to nap.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    If he doesn't have the TO virus I'm guessing he won't have his powerful TK or TP either?
    The TO virus was what was keeping him from using his TK and TP. We already saw him using his telepathy to talk with Cyclops in the astral plane, and iirc he used his TK during his most recent miniseries (and Hope was able to copy it and his telepathy) so he still has them for sure. .

I have a theory on how Cable loses his left arm (again) and right eye in AvX, and also how he ends up with either diminished TP/TK or none at all. It's a shot in the dark theory, but what if Tony Stark develops the Phoenix gun that we saw in Jason Aaron's Astonishing Spider-man & Wolverine mini which Peter Parker found in the future and which pretty much annihilates whoever fires it? I'm thinking that Cable takes it and uses it to kill an out-of-control Cyclops, giving new meaning to his words at the end of X-Sanction ("I'll be there when you need me..."). Or maybe he shoots Emma. Either way. But he uses his immense TP/TK to protect himself when he fires the gun (since he no longer has the T-O virus he should be much more powerful), and instead of being wiped from existence like Wolverine was he only loses an arm and eye in the backlash. In the process, however, he either loses his powers or they are greatly reduced as a result.

Yeah, I know it's an out there theory, but stranger things have happened...

Speculate no longer (well speculate in a more focused manner)

Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

I'm glad Cable gets a shot in the Point One issue. Wonder who is the writer/artist?

As for the TO we never actually see his arm when he's on the table in Xsanction #4. He appears whole in the astral plane, but that's just a projection. When he lost his virus the first time he upchucked it into the ocean back in Cable #100. He was fully cured. The reason he still had his arm is because the virus had already devoured it. Its all techno mesh, it just isn't there anymore.

If he has his arm in avx that could only be because Hope used the phoenix power to recreate it with the power of rebirth. So it can be assumed that he could be healed but still be depowered. Or he will still have the arm, but it will now by a hunk of metal, given that his current arm is a new phalanx baby stolen from AIM.

Then again, it would be easy for current writers to completely skip over the detailed continuity. ;)

I don't want to understand what that cover means.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopu View Post
    I don't want to understand what that cover means.
    It looks like GW Bridge, er, Nick Fury Jr (I would love for it to be Bridge though) is the new head of whatever Shield is and is creating a new initiave for the heroes. Or you know, its just a cover and has no real meaning. But I guarentee that Marcus Johnson will be the framing sequence that connects the five seperate stories.

*whew* Iím glad Cableís injury is going to be to his right eye; the right-side patch makes for good symmetry for Fury Jr.ís left-side patch.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Someone said that another folder might be Deadpool. So with MJ after Cable, a Cable/Deadpool reunion would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He's put the virus into remission somehow twice before (in Soldier X and then Cable/Deadpool) but he still had the mechanical left arm and eye. This time Hope has completely purged him of the T-O virus and it appears as though his arm and eye are flesh and blood again...

...though not for long by looking at the Marvel NOW poster by Joe Quesada.

My guess is that they want to simplify the character a bit, so they decided to ditch the virus aspect and make him just a cyborg again. So something probably happens to him in AxV where he loses his left arm (which he replaces with a bionic one) and his right eye this time (which he doesn't replace; hence the eye patch).

He will ALWAYS have half his body be prosthetic because half his body is gone, turned into living metal. This is why this last cure is the goofiest yet. The one in Cable and Deadpool at least made some sense because his living metal parts were replace with a Phalanx baby with is made of a version of T/0.

The idea of Cable working for SHIELD makes me want to throw up. I hope SHIELD is just watching Cable's action and that is all.