View Poll Results: Well, should it?

Voters
102. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • YES! IT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE

58 56.86%
  • NO! I liked both but they shouldn't

31 30.39%
  • NO! Spider-Man sucked.

5 4.90%
  • No! The Avengers sucked.

1 0.98%
  • Both movies sucked so meh.

0 0%
  • If Spider-Man redeems himself...maybe...

6 5.88%
  • If the Avengers can make a come back...maybe...

1 0.98%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default If The Amazing Spider-Man was in the MCU...

Okay, so Sony and MARVEL are at least willing to make deals such as sharing the same skyline. If they decided to make a deal in say, the next Iron Man, Captain America or Thor movie (as far as I know none of them are in New York) or maybe even the next Amazing Spider-Man (put in the Stark Tower?) how would the original Spider-Man fare in the MCU? Like, how would the first movie fit into continuity. As far as I know, this is how the MCU is going so far...

Iron Man
    Six Months Later...
    Iron Man 2
    Thor and Incredible Hulk (Simulatenous)
    One Year Later...
    The Avengers

Due to there being no Stark Tower in the skyline of New York in the Amazing Spider-Man and there being no OsCorp tower in the Avengers, this makes the Amazing Spider-Man extremely difficult to place. The Incredible Hulk had neither. So, I am assuming this is the way it goes.

Iron Man
    Six Months Later...
    Iron Man 2
    Thor and Incredible Hulk (Simulatenous)
    Six Months Later...
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    One Year Later...
    The Avengers

Sure, there was no OsCorp tower in the skyline of the Avengers, but it could be possible that we either never saw it because it wasn't ever visible in the skyline (not exactly sure where it was) or that after the attack from the Lizard, the building was scrapped and was put somewhere else. I'm inclined to think the former but, y'know...So, with Sony and MARVEL willing to make a deal and them saying "we'd be happy to do more small things like this in the future" where do you think the Amazing Spider-Man would fall?
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

It would make sense to set the film after the Avengers.

Spider-Man would still be fairly unique, as a relatively active masked vigilante.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

I have to imagine that Marvel, Disney and Sony are trying to work something out, considering the likelihood that the Avengers and Spider-Man cinematic franchises are going to stick around for a long time. Having Spider-Man in Avengers 2 is a win-win for both.

Disney's going to be under pressure to live up to the hype of the first Avengers film. Including Marvel's most popular hero on the team is a helluva way to do it.

And Sony has plenty of incentives to hitch Spider-Man to the Avengers bandwagon, especially if they can get some cameos in future Spidey films.

It also makes sense from a narrative standpoint.

The best Avengers VS Thanos story involved Spidey.

And it could be an interesting way to introduce the alien costume.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Is Sony really trying to craft a whole new Marvel universe from movie canon? Now that's gonna be a massive undertaking.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Was just playing the Amazing Spider-Man game. The game is supposedly set after the movie and in the same universe. Well, I was returning a mental patient to the facility and he's like, "Captain America put me down." Can this be proof that the Amazing Spider-Man does in fact take place in the same universe as the Avengers? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    Was just playing the Amazing Spider-Man game. The game is supposedly set after the movie and in the same universe. Well, I was returning a mental patient to the facility and he's like, "Captain America put me down." Can this be proof that the Amazing Spider-Man does in fact take place in the same universe as the Avengers? I think so.
    Interesting... well like every other fan on this board, I hope that is the truth!

I don't think they were seeding anything there.

In a world without Captain America, it's still something a man in a mental facility could say.

That said, I want Iron Man 3 to end with an after-credits scene in which Fury and Stark decide to keep an eye on Spidey.

And I want Amazing Spider-Man 2 to end with an after-credits scene in which Nick Fury approaches Peter Parker to deliver a message to Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think they were seeding anything there.

In a world without Captain America, it's still something a man in a mental facility could say.

That said, I want Iron Man 3 to end with an after-credits scene in which Fury and Stark decide to keep an eye on Spidey.

And I want Amazing Spider-Man 2 to end with an after-credits scene in which Nick Fury approaches Peter Parker to deliver a message to Spider-Man.
    It would be nice. However, I don't think anything besides references will be made. There really isn't much of an arc in an Avengers movie that contains Peter in it until he joins or the Civil War. If they choose Civil War, I definitely think MARVEL/Disney would that itd be well worth putting Spidey in there for more money. But they said it'd be a possible plot for Avengers 3. So, about 2018.

It would be nice. However, I don't think anything besides references will be made. There really isn't much of an arc in an Avengers movie that contains Peter in it until he joins or the Civil War. If they choose Civil War, I definitely think MARVEL/Disney would that itd be well worth putting Spidey in there for more money. But they said it'd be a possible plot for Avengers 3. So, about 2018.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in whether the arcs involve a particular superhero. There's no link between Hulk and Thanos, but the Hulk's still going to be in the next Avengers film.

That said, Joss Whedon's favorite Avengers story, the reason he picked Thanos as the villain, was a crossover between Avengers Annual #7 and Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2, guest-starring the Thing and Spider-Man.

http://www.slashfilm.com/exclusive-j...s-post-script/

So there is a Spider-Man connection to the next arc.

There would be no narrative difficulties linking Spidey to Avengers 2.

The problem is whether two rival studios could come to an understanding.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

it'd be best if it happened after avengers but during a time where the other avengers were busy.

i rather he be a reserve member

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they wanted to put Avengers Tower in the Spider-man movie skyline but ran out of time to do it/get a deal done. I still think there are secret talks as we speak. If it does happen Amazing Spider-man most likely happens right after Avengers tho I can see how it can Happen right before but I'm more inclined to see it happening afterwards

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

So it goes;

Captain America: The First Avengers
    ~Roughly 70 years~
    Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    "The Consultant"
    Iron Man 2
    "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer"
    Thor
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    The Avengers
    "Item 47"
    Iron Man 3
    Thor 2
    Captain America 2
    Amazing Spider-Man 2
    The Avengers 2

Confirmed so far.

Seems about right. God I wish ASM is made a part of the MCU
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Default Would YOU actually want The Amazing Spider-Man to crossover with the Avengers?

Now that you've (probably) seen both the films, do you think the two should actually do that cross over they were so eager to do (OsCorp tower anyone?) before? Or do you think it's a mute point and that it should be dropped because one movie didn't meet your expectations? Or do you think said franchise can rebuild itself so that it can crossover and make it pretty well? Or do you think, despite the fact you liked both movies, they should remain seperate? Or do you think that Easter Eggs are too little and Spider-Man should appear in the inevitable spoilers:
    battle against Thanos, as he was in the comics?
    end of spoilers Tell me in the poll above and comment below.

I personally think that Spider-Man should appear in a later Avengers sequel. While I sincerily doubt he will appear in Avengers 2, due to the fact they'd have to share profits with Sony on an only average Avengers scale, I think they will definitely find a way for it to work in the Avengers 3 (if they really ARE doing the Civil War for that one) since Spidey played such a big part and that bringing Spider-Man would help business for both sides (more exposure for Sony's Spider-Man, more exposure for the Avengers) and it would cause so much hype that everyone, their mother and their dog would go out and see the movie three times. (Do they allow dogs in movie theatres? I don't know.)

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

I want a Spider-Man to appear eventually, like Avengers 4 or something, but not TASM's or even Raimi's.
    Bad news everyone...