Default Iron Man 3 Concept Art

In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

That looks frigging awesome! Thanks for posting the article.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Iron Man 3" Concept Art Highlights "Extremis" Ties

New "Iron Man 3" concept art from Marvel Studios mainstay Ryan Meinerding highlights Tony Stark's ability to become a hero without the aid of technological tricks -*a concept that draws the film closer in line to Warren Ellis' "Extremis."

Full article here.

Hey I beat CBR for once. I like the guantlets. The extra gold looks nice. I never liked the added silver on the avengers armor.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

My guess is that they are either AIM security types or people working for the Mandarin (or both, no reason they can't be the same thing).

BANNED

It's iron patriot!!!!!!

Iron Man Extremis was by far my favorite Iron Man story in decades. Warren Ellis has a knack for telling deep stories and I would love to see that story reflected in the movie. That said, it's the kind of story that may be tricky to transfer to the big screen. So while I'm excited, I do have a small hint of reservation about the inevitable tweaks Marvel will make to the movie. Either way, I'll be among those first in line to see it!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

looks at Stark's hand......

Really no one?

Fine I'll do it
    Cyclops ad portas

How does this tie to Extremis? He's just standing there with a boot and a gauntlet on, he could have just been testing something like in Iron Man 1. The only difference here is there's no circuitry going from the parts to the chest piece, which could just be either an artist error or he has them under his clothes.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    looks at Stark's hand......

Really no one?

Fine I'll do it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZArticle-Link-gold-member.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	96334

10char

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Iron Man Extremis was by far my favorite Iron Man story in decades. Warren Ellis has a knack for telling deep stories and I would love to see that story reflected in the movie. That said, it's the kind of story that may be tricky to transfer to the big screen. So while I'm excited, I do have a small hint of reservation about the inevitable tweaks Marvel will make to the movie. Either way, I'll be among those first in line to see it!
    True - but I trust Shane Black and RDJ to make it happen. I was probably one of the few people who loved the fake science in Iron Man 2. I love stuff like that.

Tony Stark's signature wristband sensors to engage his Iron Man armor
    What? He used those once in The Avengers, and that was it. Hardly "signature." The "signature" device to put on Iron Man is that gigantic machine.

Quote Originally Posted by starman View Post
    My god you guys are SO literal. Its CONCEPT art, used to express a CONCEPT, not the actual scene.

The armed guys could end up being armored villains or zebras, we don't know.

It could be a general idea showing Tony armoring up or getting undressed at the gym.

jeez.

I hope Hulk/Banner makes a lengthy cameo. I'ld love to see Hulk vs the Hulk buster armor.

BANNED

Extremis is glorious - I have faith this will be much better than IM2.