Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plotinus View Post
    And the SECOND thing is if said "bitching" has anything WHATEVER to do with ASM, Slott and/or Wacker will be there to bully said transgressor into cowed submission.

Jeez, let a fan express his opinion on a fan site for God's sake.
    Arent you expressing your opinion? How do I stop you?

SW

PS: Mets, how did this one get through! I'm reporting this to Internet HQ!!

Amazing Spider-Man have been doing consistently well in reviews by professional critics and sales (ASM even being published twice a month kept almost in all months in the Top 20) therefore i assume ASM will not be changed by Marvel Now.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man have been doing consistently well in reviews by professional critics and sales (ASM even being published twice a month kept almost in all months in the Top 20) therefore i assume ASM will not be changed by Marvel Now.
    Hope not. Spiderman doesnt need a reboot and lets be real, considering how virtually non referencing things are with avengers titles
    "Iron Man is cool with everyone again"
    "Scarlett witch is a hero again"
    The avengers havent been stable since avengers disassembled. They could revert the team (and they more or less have) and no one would care.

The only real series that is beaten down by continuity and would benefit from a reboot is the x-men
    Last edited by Genisstorm; 07-05-2012 at 02:19 AM.

I highly doubt they're going to bring back Gwen for one major reason. Given that Gwen and MJ are the two biggest leads for Peter to want to marry at any given time having Gwen around and not having them hook up or turning her into Peter Parkers ex would probably upset Gwen fans to no ends. Not only that but the only way you could bring her back would be to give her a really really really damn good story line, and right now I just can't see one that would work that could play on all the right notes and not come off as, self indulgant fantasy like. If you go the clone route you run into trouble there, make it like Harry where she was alive all this time, How? Harry I could see because Norman, goblin juice, etc. Gwen broke her neck, and unless the one that died was a clone, a fake gwen, or something else, then there's really no way to bring her back alive and well.

I can't see either series Scarlet or Venom being canceled, ASM may get an update or something at the most, rework things not working. Reboots to me don't honestly work, for one main reason, if you throw out all your former stories you have to rebuild everything from scratch but you have the added disadvantage of people recalling the characters from before and being like "No so and so would not do that." It's better to make new characters, even legacy characters. The added bonus for future writers with Marvel over DC, more toys to play with and history to work in for a meaningful story that can resonate with new, old and possibly returning readers.

Regarding opinions, honestly it's right for Dan and Steve to both have their say as long as they stay professional about it and don't hit below the belt. The same thing for those who have their own opinions, critique on the writing, the art, and given reasons why you don't like with real thoughts. You may actually get the writer thinking, "Huh, I didn't notice that when I was writing it, this person has a point." And the added bonus is you're not doing it in a way that comes off sounding like a jerky know it all.

Alpha on the eyes? Why? What for? Honestly promoting the new character is one thing, but unless the parker particals do something special to Peter then why do we have them on there? Do we even need them, unless that's really Andy? Also, guys I know you're just trying to be funny, but Andy Miguire, really? Why not follow the old trend of giving names with the same initials. You could have gone with Andrew Aarons, or Micheal Miguire, something like that. Nameing him Andy Miguire makes me cringe. I get the idea of pop culture references, but if this guys sticking around give him his own name rather then relying on a movie that, while good, most people won't remember the names of the actors. How many really remember Toby's name, or rather how many non spiderman fans can honestly remember Toby's name? Same with Andrew in a few years. They'll associate them always with the role, but I don't know if people will really care or get the refrence later on.

P.S. Steve if this is the worst thing that you're going to have to report to Internet HQ, count your blessing!

Yeah,Spider-Man defenitelly does not need a reboot.If ASM keephaving great stories thats all it needs to keep up the good sales it had.
    Plus Slott stories besides having lots of content and being told with the previous continuity of Spidey the stories are acessible to new readers i would say.So i dont see why it would have to reboot.
    Avengers looks to be returning again to a more classic starting point again,with many of Bendis changes done in the Avengers stories being resolved (Vision return,Scarlet Witch back being a hero...) to let the new writers (Hickman and Remender) start writing stories in the classic status quo of avengers.
    X-Men stories have become convoluted all right,even creators say so.I read in a interview that the only reason why John Byrne will not return to the x-men comics is because the stories have just became to much convoluted.
    but even so i hope the x-men stories dont get rebooted,in a shared universe it makes no much sense to see the stories of a team hapening in 616 marvel,and another team stories hapenning in a rebooted marvel universe.
    Would be better if the x-men stories shared a new re-start as Brand new day,returning the stories to a more classic status quo and moving the stories forward.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Even the suggestion that Scarlet Spider might get canned has made me very very sad. You should not can the best book you produce.
    Suggestion kinda made me sad as well as I'm loving Scarlet Spider at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Who said they were canning Scarlet Spider?
    Some posters have speculated on books being canned and mentioned Scarlet Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Yeah,Spider-Man defenitelly does not need a reboot.If ASM keephaving great stories thats all it needs to keep up the good sales it had.
    Plus Slott stories besides having lots of content and being told with the previous continuity of Spidey the stories are acessible to new readers i would say.So i dont see why it would have to reboot.
    Avengers looks to be returning again to a more classic starting point again,with many of Bendis changes done in the Avengers stories being resolved (Vision return,Scarlet Witch back being a hero...) to let the new writers (Hickman and Remender) start writing stories in the classic status quo of avengers.
    X-Men stories have become convoluted all right,even creators say so.I read in a interview that the only reason why John Byrne will not return to the x-men comics is because the stories have just became to much convoluted.
    but even so i hope the x-men stories dont get rebooted,in a shared universe it makes no much sense to see the stories of a team hapening in 616 marvel,and another team stories hapenning in a rebooted marvel universe.
    Would be better if the x-men stories shared a new re-start as Brand new day,returning the stories to a more classic status quo and moving the stories forward.
    I wont even say its the stuff with utopia. That was an intriging idea. But if your a new reader jumping on, how will it not be confusing when you learn who Cable, Rachel Grey, and X-man are. How about Madeline Pryor? Or the Days of the future past , Age of Apocalypse, Age of X stories. Onslaught in general. Also while you can get away with making red hulk an avenger (Does anybody really take him seriously given that his worse offense is creating a world of hulks) , it comes off as asinine having magneto join the x-men. I don't blame writers that are weary for trying to make sense of that mess.
    Last edited by Genisstorm; 07-05-2012 at 05:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Bullying cranks like yourself and others like to destroy things, tearing work and creative people down. (The fact that some of you do it anonymously is just icing.) I've seen it for 20 years and spoke out against it online even before I worked in comics. So this is nothing new. People like yourself are a stereotype for a reason.

Its true I don't care what arbitrary grudge you're carrying around on a given day, but I do from time to time want to make sure other readers dont confuse a louder poster's feigned offense and self righteous indignation with the facts of a matter. Keeps me calm, really.

SW
    Yes, I'm the bully trying to "destroy things" tearing "creative people" down. Notice that I didn't say ONE negative thing in this slew of exchanges about the quality--or lack thereof--of any of the actual books. I defended a person's right to express their opinion. How unamerican and bullying of me, eh? What a horrible "stereotype" "people like myself" are. Lol. I don't know much about the current state of Marvel, but if you still have a job it must be a flat out joke.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Yes, I'm the bully trying to "destroy things" tearing "creative people" down. Notice that I didn't say ONE negative thing in this slew of exchanges about the quality--or lack thereof--of any of the actual books. I defended a person's right to express their opinion. How unamerican and bullying of me, eh? What a horrible "stereotype" "people like myself" are. Lol. I don't know much about the current state of Marvel, but if you still have a job it must be a flat out joke.
    This comes off terribly ironic... or something. Maybe a horse idiom is needed?

As for Andy Maguire vs. any random-ass alliterative name, it's obviously a better deal. The name is inconsequential either way, but at least now an astute reader can see the reference. Short of Starbuck Skywalker, I wouldn't exchange this name for another for the sake of alliteration. Besides, everyone knows assonance and rhythm are far more important/appealing naming conventions.
    Bad news everyone...

Personally, not a fan of redesigning Spider-Man's uniform to be the same as the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.
    (Could it be specifically because of the cartoon?!?)
    (Edit - Maybe it's easier on the artist to draw?)
    Last edited by GCA-FF; 07-05-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Superior Spider-Man - Venom - Captain Marvel

Veteran Member

They don't know I work here.

Anyway, go get 'em! You're doin' great!

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by GCA-FF View Post
    Personally, not a fan of redesigning Spider-Man's uniform to be the same as the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.
    (Could it be specifically because of the cartoon?!?)
    (Edit - Maybe it's easier on the artist to draw?)
    It's nothing like the cartoon.

And just an FYI...There's a bigger change in front of your noses that no one here has noticed yet.

SW

And just an FYI...There's a bigger change in front of your noses that no one here has noticed yet.

SW
    Somebody said there's an Alpha symbol on the eyes.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

SW

The lenses look different though I believe someone here has already pointed that out....
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

If the big changes to Spiderman is that he's getting a new costume and a sidekick, we really don't have anything to worry about.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....