Default Is there a Ghostbusters connection to the comics?

I'm sure Mike who created the character, comics and BRPD was influenced by Ghostbusters besides Lovecraft. I mean there are some similarities to Ghostbusters with the whole supernatural elimination group thingy.

doubt it, love ghostbusters though, funny stuff.
    the whole supernatural detective/stopper thing has a loooooong tradition in literature, and anyway, Mignola and crew usually give credit where it's due in the afterowrds as to who influenced what, er, or they used to when the trades still had afterwords.

I personally always wondered if ghostbusters was influenced by ghost-breakers, that old bob hope movie.

Quote Originally Posted by meorsomeone View Post

I personally always wondered if ghostbusters was influenced by ghost-breakers, that old bob hope movie.
    Yes. I have the 'Making Ghostbusters' book and Akroyd mentions that GB is an update of the ghost pictures Hope, Abbot & Costello, and the Bowery Boys did.
    "The evil I can tolerate, but the stupidity!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TomServoFan View Post
    I'm sure Mike who created the character, comics and BRPD was influenced by Ghostbusters besides Lovecraft. I mean there are some similarities to Ghostbusters with the whole supernatural elimination group thingy.
    No it wasn't influence by Ghostbusters...:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yes. I have the 'Making Ghostbusters' book and Akroyd mentions that GB is an update of the ghost pictures Hope, Abbot & Costello, and the Bowery Boys did.
    no kidding! well, thanks for helping with that decades long curiousity!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Oh yes i have that same book since i was a kid and i can tell that movie was an update of those pictures. Even Ghostbusters had some Lovecraft influence as well.