Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Jaw Squad Member

It's been said before, but I don't think Roman ever wanted RDM as a long term manager, but was pretty much forced to after he won the CL. In the same vein, I rather hope he wins the Europa League.

Honestly I just hope he manages to take points off City.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lynch View Post
    Is it over simplifying things to assume Rafa was hired with the sole aim of finding the old Fernando Torres?
    Only if his next move is to sign Dirk Kuyt.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Roman needs to have a sit down, how many class managers have Chelsea lost now? Ancelotti, Mourinho, grant! I feel for RDM but, for te first time in years it looked like Chelsea were playing for the manager. Benitez is crazy to take the job, and he's interim? SO obvious roman couldn't get Pep so he settled for fifteenth best.
    Seven managers in nine years. Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant, Claudio Ranieri, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Andres Villas-Boas and Roberto Di Matteo. The longest tenure was Mourinho.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Is it over simplifying things to assume Rafa was hired with the sole aim of finding the old Fernando Torres?
    Honestly i don't think we'll ever see the Torres that was at Liverpool those first two years. His confidence is shattered, When he is through on goal you can see the gears turning in his head.

A once very good striker who sadly doesn't have the confidence to be what he once was. Just my opinion of course.

Seen this posted in another forum and thought it was crazy

@stanjames Chelsea have spent £86m since 2004 in compensation for managers more than Evertons entire net transfer spend since the PL began

And Arsenal. Arsenal have only spent £77M NET in tranfers since 1990!
    Last edited by z1co80; 11-22-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
    Honestly i don't think we'll ever see the Torres that was at Liverpool those first two years. His confidence is shattered, When he is through on goal you can see the gears turning in his head.

A once very good striker who sadly doesn't have the confidence to be what he once was. Just my opinion of course.
    Also, didn't he and Rafa have a falling out at some point?

Wouldn't mind Torres coming good again, though that's only if he does so for a team other than Chelsea. Wouln't mind seeing him go back to Atletico.

Seen this posted in another forum and thought it was crazy
    To be fair, those two clubs do sell players often. Rooney and Rodwell for Everton, and the likes of Fabregas and RvP for Arsenal, for instance.

But yeah, that's insane.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Veteran Member

The Football Association has cleared referee Mark Clattenburg of using "inappropriate language" towards Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi.
    But Mikel, 25, has been charged by the FA with misconduct following his involvement in the incident.
    The Blues had claimed Clattenburg directed racial language at Mikel in their home defeat by Manchester United.
    Clattenburg said it was "truly frightening" to have faced the prospect that his career might be over.
    Following the match at Stamford Bridge on 28 October, the FA interviewed Clattenburg, Mikel and several other Blues players before reaching its decision to clear the official and charge the Nigerian.
    "It is alleged that in or around the match officials' changing room at the end of the fixture, Mikel used threatening and/or abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour," an FA statement read.
    Mikel has until Friday, 30 November to respond. Chelsea have indicated he will not deny the charge but will request a hearing to "explain the mitigating circumstances".
    The evidence for Chelsea's allegation towards Clattenburg came from their midfielder Ramires who, when interviewed, explained that his instinctive reaction was to seek confirmation from Mikel as to what the referee said.
    Mikel, who was being spoken to by Clattenburg, was much closer than Ramires and did not hear what it is suggested was said to him.
    The two assistant referees and the fourth official revealed they did not hear any of the comments Clattenburg was accused of making, despite being linked up to the referee via microphones.
    An FA statement also said the complaint by Mikel's team-mate Ramires was "made in good faith".
    Clattenburg, 37, has always maintained his innocence and the Metropolitan Police dropped its own inquiry earlier this month.
    Referees' union Prospect, on behalf of Clattenburg, are asking Chelsea for a full apology and compensation.

Waiting for certain reactions now.
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!

Veteran Member

British quartet Gareth Bale, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand and John Terry have been named among 20 defenders on the shortlist for the 2012 FIFPro World XI.
    David Luiz, Patrice Evra, Branislav Ivanovic and Vincent Kompany are the other Premier League players to be nominated by fellow professionals.
    Four defenders will be selected for the team, which will be announced during the Fifa Ballon d'Or Gala on 7 January.
    Reigning world and European champions Spain have four defenders nominated.
    Barcelona trio Jordi Alba, Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol, along with Real Madrid centre-back Sergio Ramos, are included.
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!

The idea that Guardiola would consider trigger-happy Chelsea is a funny one too. His success at Barca was built on a model - from the youths up - of doing things a certain way.
    The last player from Chelsea's youth system to become a regular in Chelsea's first team is John Terry. That's over a decade ago and in that decade the Chelsea youth system hasn't worked because the owner refuses to let it work so a player like say Josh McEchran won't get a break so frankly all the youth system is doing is making a bit of extra money for an owner who doesn't give a toss.

Meanwhile Di Matteo won the Champions League 6 months ago and is sacked at the first dip in form. I just can't see Guardiola risking his reputation at such a trigger happy club, nor Abramovich being patient enough for a Guardiola plan to take shape. So fuck it, just appoint John Terry, sign Didier Drogba on loan and be done with it.
    Terry's clearly running parts of the club, and the appointment of Benetiz (an excellent and vastly over maligned manager but utterly out of place at Chelsea) smacks of Torres getting his mate in to help him out, but when he gets sacked/fucked off then another manager comes in and on and on and on.

Jordi Alba should make that team. And I'm sorry to hear about those poor tottenham fans, according to the ever reliable dailymail they were taunted 'Jews'
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Jordi Alba should make that team. And I'm sorry to hear about those poor tottenham fans, according to the ever reliable dailymail they were taunted 'Jews'
    Probably. There's fans who hiss 'gasssssss' at Spurs fans when they go on away games.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Probably. There's fans who hiss 'gasssssss' at Spurs fans when they go on away games.
    Sickening, in this day and blooming age. I'm shocked at millwalls great form, we've been doing well! I hope Chris Wood stays on!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
    Forced to agree with you, sad as it is. He was a joy to watch for a few years and I'd love to see that player again. But the slump has gone on so long now you've got to wonder how he can come back. It might be one of those things where a change of club helps, but who would pay the money on this form?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    David Luiz, Patrice Evra, Branislav Ivanovic and Vincent Kompany are the other Premier League players to be nominated by fellow professionals.
    What? David Luiz? Really?! Have they all got together and nominated him for a laugh?
    'Before all hell breaks loose. Before the Hangman's noose. As the sun goes down, I'll say it's a good day to die'.

Torres' problem is that the owner likes him and will keep playing him and paying him regardless of what he does on the pitch.

Di Matteo didn't do much wrong, not having a replacement for Drogba is what cost him his job.

Anyway he's done his CV no harm with his Chelsea stint. Wonder where he turns up next.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

British quartet Gareth Bale, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand and John Terry have been named among 20 defenders on the shortlist for the 2012 FIFPro World XI.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    Four defenders will be selected for the team, which will be announced during the Fifa Ballon d'Or Gala on 7 January.
    Reigning world and European champions Spain have four defenders nominated.
    Barcelona trio Jordi Alba, Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol, along with Real Madrid centre-back Sergio Ramos, are included.
    Puyol and all the Chelsea players but Ivanovic were chosen by fame alone, there's no way anyone actually watching football puts them in their list of best defenders of 2012. Choose one of them over Kompany, Hummels or Thiago Silva is outrageous.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

and now Hughes is gone from QPR.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox