Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lynch View Post

It's an odd set up. Van Persie is obviously trying to move this summer so itll be interesting to see what happens if The Arse sign some quality players.
    Wasn't he pressuring for Arsenal to do just that? Podolski was a good start, but so far it looks like it will be their only major signing.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    David Beckham has been given a one-game ban and fined an undisclosed amount for his "confrontational and provocative behaviour" during LA Galaxy's 4-3 defeat by San Jose.
    Did anyone see this? DB23 nailed a ref in the head with a pinpoint pass out of frustration. A little unprofessional, but pretty awesome.

Rumor is LAG has made an offer to Lampard, who set with Beckham in Wednesday's match.
    "I think we can help. Mercedes is black; I'm gay. We make culture." - Kurt, Glee.

Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Atom View Post
    Did anyone see this? DB23 nailed a ref in the head with a pinpoint pass out of frustration. A little unprofessional, but pretty awesome.
    Yeah I saw it, which is why I said a one-match ban is a let-off.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clarkie View Post
    Yeah I saw it, which is why I said a one-match ban is a let-off.
    It should have been more but it's Beckham, the cash cow of MLS.
    Last edited by Puma; 07-07-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Don't know about Lampard to Galaxy. Meireles, Mikel, MacEachran, Benayoun, Ramires, Hazard, Marin, Romeu can all do what he does in one capacity or another, but I'd like him to stay as a rested-in-some-games deep-lying mid like Scholes. Provided he accepts this role, which he should.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

BANNED

Good shot by Beckham. His facial hair makes him look like some kinda old West gentlemen gun-slinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clarkie View Post
    Looking at 2011/2012 attendances for the EPL, that's doesn't look like it's true. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Stoke, Norwich, Swansea all seemed to have come within a gnat's arse (or bang on in Arsenal's case) of having an average full attendance for the 19 home games last season. And that's without working out what percentage is away fans not traveling.

http://www.worldfootball.net/zuschau...e-2011-2012/1/
    There's a difference between being full, and having every ticket sold.Clubs pull the trick of including season ticket seats in attendance figures even if there's nobody actually on the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Rangers fans have been saying for awhile that they want to start in the third division, it's not them that are clamouring to be in the SPL.
    They were til it became obvious SPL clubs and their fans weren't going to stand for it. Until then all we had were fans and their supporters in Labour and the media telling us Newco need to start in the SPL 'for the good of the game'

The general consensus is that touring Scotland and beating every club is going to be a pretty good adventure.
    I hope Newco struggle just to stop this arrogant assumption that they'll get 'back where deserve to be in three years'.

A one team SPL will be a novelty that will get old faster though.
    Hence why Scottish football needs to be rewritten so the Old Firm forever lose their grip on the game forever. Making a more competitive league where more than two clubs win it would be great for the game, but not great for the Old Firm.

SPL clubs will take a hit in revenue
    SPL clubs were facing up to a 90% drop in season ticket sales if they didn't vote to stop Sevco 5088 gaining entry into the SPL. This is what has scared Newco, Celtic, the SPL, the SFA, Scottish Labour and the media; they've seen a massive fan backlash where fans would rather see their clubs and the game die in Scotland than bend over for Newco. Thats a powerful message that's been sent out.
    My main gripe, is that people are talking about the SPL becoming stronger without Rangers, but when information like the first link is used. It seems very pie in the sky, and not grounded in reality.
    If money is shared equally then we'll see just how good Lennon is as a coach, and I don't think Celtic want to face that, but the cosy arrangement the Old Firm had is gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Hence why Scottish football needs to be rewritten so the Old Firm forever lose their grip on the game forever. Making a more competitive league where more than two clubs win it would be great for the game, but not great for the Old Firm.
    It might happen. A Celtic fan I know has told me he has full confidence in his team's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    Well I was going to the races until the country started floating. Now I'm bragging about breaking even.
    Apparently we're stuck with this for another few weeks at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Atom View Post
    In any other league he'd be facing a three match ban and a huge fine at least. As said, a let off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    It might happen. A Celtic fan I know has told me he has full confidence in his team's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    I think Lennon's a dreadful manager (he'd make a good coach) and had Oldco not collapsed last season, Celtic wouldn't have got near the SPL title, while clubs like Motherwell, Dundee United and Aberdeen might not have the same share of money as Celtic, but they've got better managers so it's going to be interesting to see what happens and whether Celtic do implode.

Also, a mate last night told me about David Moyes press conference where he was asked how he felt about getting 20 odd million quid worth of strikers from Oldco for 5 million quid, and Moyes saying through a gritted smirk about the 'tragedy of Rangers'. He's got their two best players for 5 million quid! That's the bargain of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    There's a difference between being full, and having every ticket sold.Clubs pull the trick of including season ticket seats in attendance figures even if there's nobody actually on the seat.
    Either way, it doesn't look like the clubs I mentioned are struggling to fill their stadiums.

Veteran Member

Scotland's governing bodies have until Friday to agree a package that will persuade Scottish Football League clubs to allow Rangers into Division One.
    This is revealed in the resolution, obtained by BBC Scotland, on which they will vote as they consider the new Rangers' application for membership.
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!