Page 64 of 121 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Chelsea what a brutal beatdown of Aston.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Do you really think Chelsea have a sustainable plan, and yes, there's other clubs out there (Man City) who run an even more insane business plan but it's still not something which is sustaining itself.
    Yes, I do.I base this on an owner who loves the club, who is impossibly rich, and who supports UEFA FFP proposals. We made profit this financial year, and we may do again next year. Our overseas fan-base is getting bigger every year, and enlarging stadium capacity/moving to a new larger stadium seems to be a continual target of the owner.
    Sturridge came, was selfish, and will be sold on for a profit to a team where he may flourish, fair play to him if he does.
    Destroyed Villa today, hope we pick up maximum points over Xmas.
    Oh and people have been saying Abramovich will leave on a whim since 2004, in the meantime every other team competing for major honours has had a change of ownership.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clarkie View Post
    Yes, I do.I base this on an owner who loves the club, who is impossibly rich, and who supports UEFA FFP proposals. We made profit this financial year, and we may do again next year. Our overseas fan-base is getting bigger every year, and enlarging stadium capacity/moving to a new larger stadium seems to be a continual target of the owner.
    I hope you're right as I used to have a soft spot for Chelsea in the Kerry Dixon/Pat Nevin days but as you probably realise, I don't agree with yourself.

Destroyed Villa today
    A mate who supports Chelsea said in reply to my question as to why he's still calling Benetiz a cunt after that is that Di Matteo would have got double figures.
    Oh and people have been saying Abramovich will leave on a whim since 2004, in the meantime every other team competing for major honours has had a change of ownership.
    It's 80% of Premier League sides if I remember right. I would recommend though searching out that QPR film, it's an astonishing bit of film.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I woke at 5am Christmas Day with the first rumblings of a horrid stomach bug. I'm still in bed now. Humbug!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Would just like to pay my respect for ex-barca manager Tito, the poor guys been diagnosed with a tumour, its returned and he's resigned, good luck and get well soon Tito.
    Isn't he just stepping down for a while? Either way I hope he gets better.
    A mate who supports Chelsea said in reply to my question as to why he's still calling Benetiz a cunt after that is that Di Matteo would have got double figures.
    To put it politely, he's being a bit harsh. Guzan made some good saves and Oscar missed a penalty. Not sure how Di Matteo could've affected that short of coming out of retirement for a laugh.

Henning Berg has been sacked after 11 games, but even more insane is the fact that Forest have sacked Sean O'Driscoll even though they won yesterday and are in a good position in the league. Still, the rumour is Roy Keane is going to be the new manager there. As you can imagine Forest fans are just a bit fucked off.

Veteran Member

I think from the sounds the Forest players are making that they're not too happy about it either.
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!

Adrian Chiles will be delighted though.

Veteran Member

Alex McCleish is the new Forest manager. Suspiciously quick appointment that.
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    Alex McCleish is the new Forest manager. Suspiciously quick appointment that.
    Dear me, poor Forest. O'Driscoll took a team going down, turned them round and had them in a great position for the play offs as long as he got a couple of players.

I know I keep going on about this QPR documentary, but there's a constant running gag of whenever a manager does something he disagrees with Briatore says he's going to be sacked, but it gets to a peak when Neil Warnock's side is 8 points ahead and about to win the Championship you still see Briatore considering whether to sack Warnock or not. It's an insane but darkly funny scene and this seems to have happened at Forest.

Jaw Squad Member

At this point I'm honestly just happy that I'm not a Blackburn fan.

Sad, unlucky bastards.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Queens Park play The Rangers at Hampden today with an estimated 30k attending, which will be one of the biggest attendances in the UK for a game.

We were saying down the pub last night how hated and despised Gareth Bale would be in the press for being a diving wanker if he'd been born overseas, or not play for Spurs. Even the lad sobbing into his Newcastle top agreed.

We were saying down the pub last night how hated and despised Gareth Bale would be in the press for being a diving wanker if he'd been born overseas, or not play for Spurs.
    This is sadly very true.

Even the lad sobbing into his Newcastle top agreed.
    Well, you've got to feel for him. Newcastle score three goals away at United and at Arsenal in the span of a few days and don't get a single point out of it.

Feel like we lucked out with this win. Frankie is making a good case for himself to potential suitors but the rest of our midfield was missing today.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar

thought Luiz was okay, was always going to be a very tough game, they pressed us and pressed us.

In other news, we're getting linked with Demba Ba a lot, if we're losing Sturridge, signing Demba Ba will still leave us short in the striker department.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'