Page 54 of 121 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
    You are doing a bit of back tracking their mate, Here is what you said last week.
    And I still think Old Rangers have got away with it because there's millions going to be left unpaid. The ruling though needs to be gone through and that's going to take time, but Old Rangers haven't just got a get out of jail free card for the mess they left Scottish football in, and their attempts to wreck the game. The old club and the new club still have questions to answer and the old club have managed to avoid paying what they owed so they're now in the same circle of hell as the likes of Vodafone.

It was proven not guilty. If you look at the link below Celtic were also guilty of some tax avoidance. Lennon himself is currently under investigation.

http://williampoole.wordpress.com/20...tax-avoidance/

Anyway, I am glad all this is coming to an end and we can move forward without this hanging over us..
    I don't think new or old Rangers fans can gloat about the other cheek of the Old Firm arse doing dodgy deals.

As for it coming to an end all I have to ask is where's Green's backing coming from?

It was proven not guilty. If you look at the link below Celtic were also guilty of some tax avoidance. Lennon himself is currently under investigation.

http://williampoole.wordpress.com/20...tax-avoidance/
    Him and half of British top-flight football I'd expect. I've long suspected stuff like "image rights" were another way round paying tax, and Celtic have had (at least) 2 players in the last decade with those built into contracts. Proving it seems to be the hard part - Harry Redknapp could tell us that.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    the mess they left Scottish football in, and their attempts to wreck the game.

As for it coming to an end all I have to ask is where's Green's backing coming from?
    Please explain how we have attempted to wreck Scottish football?

How is other teams failings financially also our fault?

As for Green i too am skeptical and i am sure with time all will be known.

Looks like Di Matteo is gone...

even before Hughes.

"Brutal, even by Chelsea standards.

"But Roberto Di Matteo's sacking by Chelsea, just six months after the Italian gave Roman Abramovich the title he craved above all others, demonstrates the sad truth.

"Abramovich and Chelsea never wanted Di Matteo. They found themselves stuck with him – and were looking for an excuse to pull the trigger.

"In Turin on Tuesday night, as Di Matteo went with his instincts and finally gave up on Fernando Torres, Abramovich was handed that excuse."
    Last edited by Puma; 11-21-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Please get Rafa, Roman! Please! Please, I beg you! I need more entertainment in my life!
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Please get Rafa, Roman! Please! Please, I beg you! I need more entertainment in my life!
    YES.

Rafa's press conferences, in addition to the inevitable overreaction of Liverpool fans, would make that AMAZING.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

nononononononononononononononono

we already have one Liverpool failure, don't need two.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lynch View Post
    Him and half of British top-flight football I'd expect. I've long suspected stuff like "image rights" were another way round paying tax, and Celtic have had (at least) 2 players in the last decade with those built into contracts. Proving it seems to be the hard part - Harry Redknapp could tell us that.
    I didn't pay any attention to what image rights are or how amazingly dubious they are til Lee Trundle (remember him?) was being transferred from Swansea to Bristol City and how a delay in the transfer was down to image rights, specifically in relation as to exactly where the funds would be paid which was an offshore account which instantly set my Spidey Sense tingling. It was then I realised they're nothing but an enormous tax dodge but was tolerated because HMRC weren't targeting football.

Please explain how we have attempted to wreck Scottish football?
    The attempts to bail from the league, the attempt to buy Bury's registration, the harassment of tribunal members, threatening other clubs with the End of the World (with the backing of the SPL, SFA and the Scottish press), failing to pay what they owe to creditors, and I've not even touched upon sectarianism or the fact HMRC are going to go to appeal because they know if they do win this then they've got bigger fish to fry in England.

Rangers were hardly the only party kicking Scottish football when they were down and the SFA/SPL are as guilty but the club is hardly an oppressed innocent party.
    How is other teams failings financially also our fault?
    It's not directly, but threatening other clubs with financial destruction wasn't clever.
    As for Green i too am skeptical and i am sure with time all will be known.
    Why not now? Look what Rangers fans were saying about Whyte that he was going to spend all this money and how great he was. A few months later and he's taken the club down, but Whyte appears only to have accelerated the mess Murray left the club in.

There's no transparency about Green at all and there's a load of skeletons rattling in his closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Looks like Di Matteo is gone...

even before Hughes.[/I]
    The idea that Guardiola would consider trigger-happy Chelsea is a funny one too. His success at Barca was built on a model - from the youths up - of doing things a certain way. The basic ingredients were there and he perfected them. With Chelsea - or most clubs, come to think of it - it'll take years for that sort of structure to build up. Guardiola was brilliant, but he was brilliant within a system he knew and helped mould.

Meanwhile Di Matteo won the Champions League 6 months ago and is sacked at the first dip in form. I just can't see Guardiola risking his reputation at such a trigger happy club, nor Abramovich being patient enough for a Guardiola plan to take shape. So fuck it, just appoint John Terry, sign Didier Drogba on loan and be done with it.

You're right Alan. We need a Fergie but as long as Roman owns the club it will be one to two year wonders. Di Matteo inherited a squad that could be brilliant but, I think, was hamstrung by the owner's interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    You're right Alan. We need a Fergie but as long as Roman owns the club it will be one to two year wonders. Di Matteo inherited a squad that could be brilliant but, I think, was hamstrung by the owner's interference.
    The fact that his striking options were that guy pretending to be Fernando Torres or Daniel Sturridge speaks volumes. Schevchenko was another disaster which saw off what, 2 managers? So you've sacked a guy who won the double and another who won the Champions League; it's got to be worrying for supporters because not even success is enough anymore.

I'm not a huge lover of Chelsea, but I can sympathise with fans over this farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lynch View Post
    The fact that his striking options were that guy pretending to be Fernando Torres or Daniel Sturridge speaks volumes. Schevchenko was another disaster which saw off what, 2 managers? So you've sacked a guy who won the double and another who won the Champions League; it's got to be worrying for supporters because not even success is enough anymore.

I'm not a huge lover of Chelsea, but I can sympathise with fans over this farce.
    and that not much has been done for defense...don't get me started on that, we relied on an aging squad for far too long and now can't score or keep a clean sheet.

and now this

Chelsea have confirmed the appointment of Rafa Benitez as 'interim first team manager' until the end of the season.
    Last edited by Puma; 11-21-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Is it over simplifying things to assume Rafa was hired with the sole aim of finding the old Fernando Torres?

Roman needs to have a sit down, how many class managers have Chelsea lost now? Ancelotti, Mourinho, grant! I feel for RDM but, for te first time in years it looked like Chelsea were playing for the manager. Benitez is crazy to take the job, and he's interim? SO obvious roman couldn't get Pep so he settled for fifteenth best.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”