Page 53 of 121 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    But the FA could only have referred what Chelsea had told them and Chelsea had already told the police. Plus after reading all his comments on the matter it seem's to me that Peter Herbert has already made his mind up over whether Clattenberg is guilty or not.
    As I understood it, Herbert was the one who made the complaint to the police in the first place. He's absolutely made his mind up on Clattenberg and his wittering over a Chelsea/FA conspiracy is nonsense. Racism clearly needs to be dealt with better, but Herbert isn't doing the cause any favours. It all reeks of someone wanting to make a name for himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    SFL chief executive David Longmuir's plan would require agreement from the SPL and the Scottish FA.
    Here's where it'll fall flat on it's arse then. The SFA shouldn't be a problem provided you can guarantee the top dogs keep their place, but there's no way the SPL - who were trying to railroad through a 10 team top flight only last year - will vote for expansion. Not unless they can bully the SFL into being the juniour partner and (presumably) bumping Rangers up into the 10 team second division at least. I mean it's a grand idea, but folks have been planning to restructure Scottish football since before I was born. There must be bloody vaults full of dossiers.

Joe Hart was a fucking shambles tonight, but let's not take away from Zlatan Ibrahimovic's 4th. Tek a boo son.

And another story which will grow legs as the tie nears: MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon in the FA Cup. Interesting idea from most Wimbledon fans is that they'd rather this fixture never took place as it'd acknowledge MK Dons exist. And they've got a very good point; will there be a neutral anywhere not hoping that the Franchise get royally pumped? In an empty ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lynch View Post
    And another story which will grow legs as the tie nears: MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon in the FA Cup. Interesting idea from most Wimbledon fans is that they'd rather this fixture never took place as it'd acknowledge MK Dons exist. And they've got a very good point; will there be a neutral anywhere not hoping that the Franchise get royally pumped? In an empty ground?

Nope, I want to see MK Dons fucking suffer but there's worse evil lurking at the heart of football.

And yes, that is one of the best goals anyone will every see but it's shouldn't detract from how gash Hart was and how utterly out of his depth Ryan Shawcross was at international level. He got pumped by Ibrahimovic as soon as he stepped on the pitch to the moment the game ended. It was brutal.

The lumbering zombie that is The Rangers playing in England drags itself back into the news.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ngland-leagues

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    And yes, that is one of the best goals anyone will every see but it's shouldn't detract from how gash Hart was and how utterly out of his depth Ryan Shawcross was at international level. He got pumped by Ibrahimovic as soon as he stepped on the pitch to the moment the game ended. It was brutal.
    It was very good.

But he's no John Gayle.

Fast forward to 4.45.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

I keep forgetting how good a cup side Tranmere were in the 90's, and yes, that was a cracking goal.

I keep forgetting how good a cup side Tranmere were in the 90's, and yes, that was a cracking goal.
    He's first wasn't bad either (1:14)

Bobby Charlton once said they were the best two goals he'd ever seen at Wembley, which is fairly generous, but a plaudit nonetheless.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

There's a lovely piece in the Observer about Channel 4's long lamented coverage of Italian football. It does miss out how much Sky ripped it off for ideas though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...-4-italian-job

Looking forward to watching the millwa game vs Leeds on sky at 1:15, looks very good game. If trotter plays well I expect him to bee sold ;( as a millwall fan I'd hate that. I also hope the crowd respect each other, as a half-Turk it sickens me when millwall fans mock Leeds about the galatasaray incident.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

There's a lovely piece in the Observer about Channel 4's long lamented coverage of Italian football. It does miss out how much Sky ripped it off for ideas though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...-4-italian-job
    Sunday afternoons have never been the same since.
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Looking forward to watching the millwa game vs Leeds on sky at 1:15, looks very good game. If trotter plays well I expect him to bee sold ;( as a millwall fan I'd hate that. I also hope the crowd respect each other, as a half-Turk it sickens me when millwall fans mock Leeds about the galatasaray incident.
    It was a decent game but neither side looked great. And any fans chanting about Galatasaray are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I assume you mean the 'I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk' chant which is just fucking evil in so many levels.

Good to see justice upheld as Rangers were found not guilty in their big tax case.

Maybe some people will get this cheating bs out their head? I doubt it though their bitterness far exceeds their capacity to use logic in these matters.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...x-case-1446895

Now hopefully we can go after the people behind the whole Craig Whyte fiasco.
    Last edited by z1co80; 11-20-2012 at 10:12 AM.

It's not quite as simple as the Daily Record would have us believe.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/

There's a lot to digest with this ruling and there's still the parliamentary investigation into all this, and Rangers might not have officially cheated (I imagine HMRC will appeal) but they were hardly playing a fair game as there's millions they've now avoided paying.

The SPL are still looking at the dual contracts scenario too. And as I understand the verdict (teacher stuff hasn't left much time to look at it in any detail) they aren't saying Old Rangers did absolutely nothing wrong, they just didn't (don't?) owe as much as was predicted. But as with all these things I expect the appeals to last long into my dotage.

It's not quite as simple as the Daily Record would have us believe.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/

There's a lot to digest with this ruling and there's still the parliamentary investigation into all this, and Rangers might not have officially cheated (I imagine HMRC will appeal) but they were hardly playing a fair game as there's millions they've now avoided paying.
    You are doing a bit of back tracking their mate, Here is what you said last week.

the thing that wound everyone up was that Rangers had blatantly cheated and were trying to not only intimidate fans of other clubs with the constant talk of financial Armageddon, but also officials who were ruling upon them while a totally compliant SFA and SPL sat back and let Rangers get away with it. The club very nearly did take Scottish football down with them and they made it clear they didn't especially care, so yes, you can understand why fans of other clubs (who make up the majority of fans in Scotland) were fucked off.
    It was proven not guilty. If you look at the link below Celtic were also guilty of some tax avoidance. Lennon himself is currently under investigation.

http://williampoole.wordpress.com/20...tax-avoidance/

Anyway, I am glad all this is coming to an end and we can move forward without this hanging over us..