Page 48 of 121 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Jaw Squad Member

Well, that was an excellent weekend for Man Utd.

On a side note, I was in Valencia over the weekend, and am still kicking myself for not ditching my mates and going to see the Valencia-Atletico game.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Bull was a better player than Lineker,
    My gran was probably a better player than Lineker, but his goal-scoring record and golden boot makes him one of the best poachers to ever play the game.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Well, that was an excellent weekend for Man Utd.
    I'd be very pleased. Man City have not improved their squad, and Man U are already feeling the benefit of Van Persie. Only question mark is whether Chelsea will actually get used to the new team and formation and hit a purple patch. At the moment, torres makes that seem questionable.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clarkie View Post
    I'd be very pleased. Man City have not improved their squad, and Man U are already feeling the benefit of Van Persie. Only question mark is whether Chelsea will actually get used to the new team and formation and hit a purple patch. At the moment, torres makes that seem questionable.
    Or, as the rumours say, Chelsea could just buy Falcao in the window.

Last edited by Captain Clarkie; 11-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Or, as the rumours say, Chelsea could just buy Falcao in the window.
    Rumours also said Hulk to Chelsea was a done deal over the summer. I'd be surprised if Falcao went anywhere in January.

Two terrific goals in the Liverpool v Newcastle game; amusingly, Liverpool's came from a long ball.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Dynamo lead 2-0 over Sporting Kansas City in their aggregate.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Dynamo lead 2-0 over Sporting Kansas City in their aggregate.
    My first reaction to that was: "Why on Earth are Dynamo Kiev playing Sporting KC?"

But yeah. Is it the MLS playoffs already?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clarkie View Post
    My gran was probably a better player than Lineker, but his goal-scoring record and golden boot makes him one of the best poachers to ever play the game.
    True story. During the 1990 World Cup Lineker's fruit and veg stall at Leicester Market had a sign up saying they were not going to serve 'any Germans or Argies'. As you can imagine, the council fucked them up good and proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lynch View Post
    Rumours also said Hulk to Chelsea was a done deal over the summer. I'd be surprised if Falcao went anywhere in January.

Two terrific goals in the Liverpool v Newcastle game; amusingly, Liverpool's came from a long ball.

A Scouse mate of mine has finally agreed with me that Brendan Rogers is a massive example of the emperors new clothes.

Craig Levin has been unsurprisingly sacked. Strachan is already the bookies favourite.

A Scouse mate of mine has finally agreed with me that Brendan Rogers is a massive example of the emperors new clothes.
    He's certainly coming off as having a staggering ego. Can't say I noticed it much when he was at Swansea.

I still have reservations about Strachan for Scotland, but he's the best of the candidates seemingly available. Charlie Adam is apparently unhappy at Levein's sacking, but that's possibly because he's shite and worried over his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lynch View Post
    He's certainly coming off as having a staggering ego. Can't say I noticed it much when he was at Swansea.

I still have reservations about Strachan for Scotland, but he's the best of the candidates seemingly available. Charlie Adam is apparently unhappy at Levein's sacking, but that's possibly because he's shite and worried over his place.
    Maybe if Charlie had moved his fat fucking arse and tracked back or tackled Bale against Wales Avril would still be in a job.

That's not to say i am unhappy with the sacking because as i have said on here before i thought he was useless. Not to enamored by Strachan either but he would a improvement over Levein. There isn't many decent candidates but if i would take Dalglish over Strachan but even then Dalglish isn't a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
    Maybe if Charlie had moved his fat fucking arse and tracked back or tackled Bale against Wales Avril would still be in a job.
    Ha, I wouldn't go that far. But yes, Charlie Adam can't run 6 yards. Which is kind of a disadvantage for a professional footballer.
    That's not to say i am unhappy with the sacking because as i have said on here before i thought he was useless. Not to enamored by Strachan either but he would a improvement over Levein. There isn't many decent candidates but if i would take Dalglish over Strachan but even then Dalglish isn't a great option.
    The Dalglish chat terrifies me; he's been a crap manager for ages now. And with all that time between games I can't see him doing much scouting either; that's tee-off time.

All the available candidates have a downside though. Strachan's final season at Celtic was poor, and his Middlesborough spell atrocious. Billy Davies had an okay time at Derby but then spent a few years blaming the board at Nottingham Forest for everything that went wrong. Owen Coyle is coming off a disappointing spell at Bolton and is likely to harbour ambitions elsewhere; same is probably true of Alex McLeish. Joe Jordan has never managed (caretaker spells aside) before and I'm not convinced he's tactically all that aware after helping 'Arry for all those years. On the flip side I can see why they'd all be a step up from Levein - apart from Dalglish, he's just terrible.

I don't envy the SFA this decision.

Craig Levin has been unsurprisingly sacked. Strachan is already the bookies favourite.
    Please choose Lee Clark, please choose Lee Clark, please choose Lee Clark, please choose Lee Clark, please choose Lee Clark, please choose Lee Clark, please choose Lee Clark, please choose Lee Clark...
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.