View Poll Results: How old are you and what do you think about the new 52?

Voters
241. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • 25 or less and I love the new 52!

57 23.65%
  • 25 or less and I'm find the new 52 OK.

25 10.37%
  • 25 or less and I hate the new 52!

9 3.73%
  • 26-35 and I love the new 52!

38 15.77%
  • 26-35 and I'm find the new 52 OK.

24 9.96%
  • 26-35 and I hate the new 52!

16 6.64%
  • 36-45 and I love the new 52!

20 8.30%
  • 36-45 and I'm find the new 52 OK.

20 8.30%
  • 36-45 and I hate the new 52!

13 5.39%
  • 46-55 and I love the new 52!

5 2.07%
  • 46-55 and I'm find the new 52 OK.

9 3.73%
  • 46-55 and I hate the new 52!

1 0.41%
  • 56 or more and I love the new 52!

0 0%
  • 56 or more and I'm find the new 52 OK.

2 0.83%
  • 56 or more and I hate the new 52!

2 0.83%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New 52 & age

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think for comics to really survive-you have to get back into the Wal-Marts. In fact what would stop DC or Marvel (or whoever control distribution) from working out deals with these used book stores to get whatever unsold books Wal-Mart has and sell them. Half Price books could take care of Texas.
    But, as mentioned before, places like Walmart don't want comic books; they make a much better profit on tons of other stuff with far less hassles than constantly having to straighten up comic book displays.

Hell, I buy my comics at Barnes & Noble, and I really wonder if it's worth it to them to deal with it.
    DC's push to get them on the shelves there months before the switch to the New 52 probably wasn't a good idea; some of those last few issues were so lackluster that they just sat on the shelves for months without selling more than maybe one or two copies.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    32 years old. I waited for the new 52 to get back into comics and They havent disappointed me. I wanted to get into Batman comics and maybe some Superman, but instead I've been more drawn to the dark titles such as Animal Man and Swamp Thing. And the Snyder's Batman has surpassed my expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Just turn 32, to 31 and this is me to a T.
    Ditto here too. I'm turning 32 in a couple of weeks and I was a lapsed reader that quit reading comics in the middle-to-late 90's. I've found myself to be enjoying the dark titles more than the others, and I am surprised that some of my favorite titles are ones that I didn't have high expectations from (ex. Animal Man, I, Vampire). I still can't believe how expensive comics have gotten throughout the years.

Just turned 18 on June 29 and so far I'm loving the new 52(been reading comics since I was 2). My favorite has been Action Comics, Batman,Aquaman, Justice League, Green Arrow post #7, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern. Stories I want to read are Animal Man, Swamp Thin, Batman:The Dark Knight written by Greg Huritz, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Catwoman.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman2978 View Post
    . . . Stories I want to read are Animal Man, Swamp Thin, Batman:The Dark Knight written by Greg Huritz, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Catwoman.
    Is Swamp Thin a book that's sponsored by Jenny Craig?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    Pretty much if you are a Batman and Green Lantern fan you don't mind it as much. If you're a fan of others... well...
    I can't say I'm a big Green Lantern fan, but being a huge Batman fan, I find the new 52 incredibly frustrating. I love Scott Snyder's take on Batman, but the continuity makes no sense at all. I find I just have to ignore the references to timelines and just try to enjoy the story.

I'm 30 years old and love the new 52 - it got me into collecting comics!

26-35 and I find the New 52 OK.

I think it'd work a lot better if the writers actually followed through on the premise. The entire idea was simplifying things. Not relying on past mythology, no multiverse, etc. And within a year, we have retcon after retcon of what happened in the past(Teen Titans, Tim Drake, etc.) and Earth 2 Huntress as the Canon Huntress. Doesn't quite add up with making the universe more accessible when the writers seem to spend even more time talking about the past than they used to.

But, with that said, of the books I've read, there have been some I liked, some I disliked, and some I loved. Haven't outright hated anything I've seen, though I have had extreme apathy towards works like RHatO(no offense to the people who like the book, but from the first issue all I saw was a cool Roy/Jason team-up with a sex toy thrown in the middle of everything). It's pretty much normal comic stuff, and I'd probably be happier with it if they stuck to the concept a bit better.

26-35 and I love the New 52! Not only did I increase my DC pull list, I also dropped all Marvel and haven't looked back...(well I looked back a little at Marvel Now, but the double-shipping killed my interest)

20 and I love the new 52. Allows me to read so many series I've been dying to read with buying hundreds of comics to catch-up. I read comics when I was little but as I got older I couldn't jump in half-way anymore so I only read graphic novels.

26-35, and OK.

There are some books I really enjoy, but then there's a lot of books, out of the 52, that I wouldn't buy, even if they were 99 cents a pop. Being a Batman fan, first and foremost, things weren't too shaken-up, for me.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor