Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Great series. Far better characterizations and storytelling from the 90s series, nevermind the 2004 series. Also, you might like the last two Carnage miniseries, one fo the featuring the new Venom.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Is it worth getting in trade? How does the book feel like? Punisher?
    And do we even get the toothy Venom?
    THANKS BRAHS!
    YES!!! It'a a wonderful comic. Like much of Remender's stuff, the tie-ins are weakest (SpiderIsland and Circle of Four) BUT... the issues that are ACTUAL solo series issues (which most are); genius. The first arc, and the current Savage Six arc = AMAZING!!! Well worth getting both those TPB's.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    But how does it feel? More leaning to Spidey or Punisher or what? Too much mobsters and guns, or supervillains?
    I would agree with Dark Chris; it's more espionage/violent Spiderman BUT at it's core is a good man (Flash); struggling with a dark burden. The venom suit is his gift (he can walk again) and his curse (what the suit brings out in him)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chris View Post
    I would recommend to read only Remender's run (it's a whole story), it's a story with beginning, middle and end. I didn't like Circle of Four (not anything special), so I'm not so interested in Bunn's upcoming run (it's the continuation of the events that took place in CoF).
    I think it's pretty unfair to recommend NOT to read Bunn's run, when he hasn't even started! Give the man a chance. YES, he is continuing the magic arc; BUT most of it will be more linked to Daimon Hellstrom's actions in Fearless, than in Circle of Four. I didn't enjoy Circle of Four either (mostly the villain -- Blackheart is dull -- and non-Venom focus on heroes... especially Ghost Rider... UGH!!! What a whiney, annoying b*tch); BUT I thought Fearless was really good. And I love magic arcs WHEN DONE RIGHT! Remender's Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural is incredible; that doesn't mean I enjoyed Circle of Four (which I didn't). I'd give Bunn a chance, before you assume his work will disappoint; Fearless and Fear, Itself: the Deep were very well written. Rob Williams co-wrote Circle of Four, and it is with HIM I think the arc fell apart. That is not Bunn's fault.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-02-2012 at 02:13 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Of course I will read his stories the second he will write some themes that I care about. I'm not a big fan of Marvel's mystic universe and I found Fearless pretty boring. In my mind, this incarnation of Venom is an espionage character and I want to see him in espionage stuff.
    Last edited by Dark Chris; 07-02-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Lotsa help. Thanks my fellow nerds.

BANNED

It's good, but its not my kind of thing. Just know its dark. Almost in a Tim Burtin kinda way.

I think that it is well written and incredibly well illustrated, but I just can't find the desire to hang around. A few of the crossovers with Spider-man were worth keeping up with, but I just can't find motivation in keeping track of another Marvel character. Hopefully he'll be incorporated in to another team soon enough… might make for a longer-lasting run.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyinColor View Post
    I think that it is well written and incredibly well illustrated, but I just can't find the desire to hang around. A few of the crossovers with Spider-man were worth keeping up with, but I just can't find motivation in keeping track of another Marvel character. Hopefully he'll be incorporated in to another team soon enough… might make for a longer-lasting run.
    Yeah, I find it very well illustrated. Not sure how well written it is. Ill keep going. I like the character enough.

The venom series...how can i put this? Its an awesome series that will leave you like,"DAMN!!!" and sometimes like, "Really?"

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

At first I did not want to pick it up because I hated the idea of someone else being Venom, but then I heard who was being Venom and I got a little more onto the side of maybe I should pick this up. After I picked up the first few issues I stopped, due to money, but then I just got back into it brought everything up to issue 19 and I love it. I think its one of my favorite series from DC or Marvel. We get crazy venom for a bit then it stops but I think he will come back soon. At least I hope so. We get Eddie, Toxin, Peter at some points. It has a great cast, and good story. I for sure say that if you a Venom fan, give it a chance you may like it more then you thought you would, like I did.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

the Fly and Jack O'Lantern have been a lot of fun.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time