Default Aoshi Shinomori vs. Saito Hajime

I always wondered this more than a decade ago...

I think Aoshi wins here. He will do the Flowing-Water Movement(illusion)... Saito charges at it, hits an illusion and go straight to the wall. His sword breaks hitting the wall... broken half goes flying and straight to his forehead.

Aoshi wins!

Aoshi was always a notch below Kenshin's level. He'd make Kenshin work hard, but smart money was always against him.

Saito, on the other hand, was pretty much Kenshin's equal before the latter went to train with Hiko. It was touch and go between the two. And Saito propelling himself through a wooden door so hard he smashed the stone floor he travelled over without even stepping on it, after getting both his legs stabbed, is pretty insane.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post
    Saito, on the other hand, was pretty much Kenshin's equal before the latter went to train with Hiko. It was touch and go between the two. And Saito propelling himself through a wooden door so hard he smashed the stone floor he travelled over without even stepping on it, after getting both his legs stabbed, is pretty insane.
    Aoshi was equal to Kenshin post training and it took him his most powerful technique to down him.. and even then, Aoshi was able to get back up and fight again, despite being effectively crippled. So, Aoshi deserves some props for that.

And his kempo is pretty damn impressive, to the point where he could snap someone's sword with just one hand.

End of series, I'll probably give it to Aoshi, if only because he has more moves available to him and is arguably faster. Probably a

6 or 6.5/10.. He's not coming out unscathed though.