Smile Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark

I recently saw Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark and I've got to say I loved it! If you a HUGE fan of Spider-Man and music you should definitely see the musical!

I saw it in previews after Julie Taymor was forced out and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa was brought in for the rewrite. The songs are terrible, the sets are inline with the worst kitschy comic-book Adam West camp cliches, and the book brings absolutely nothing new to the legend of Spider-Man.

That said, the first time Spidey swung out over the audience I completely lost my shit.

It's definitely an experience every Spider-fan should have... once.

I'm still a little disappointed that I missed out on seeing Taymor's original totally whackadoo version...

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    I saw it in previews after Julie Taymor was forced out and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa was brought in for the rewrite. The songs are terrible, the sets are inline with the worst kitschy comic-book Adam West camp cliches, and the book brings absolutely nothing new to the legend of Spider-Man.

That said, the first time Spidey swung out over the audience I completely lost my shit.

It's definitely an experience every Spider-fan should have... once.

I'm still a little disappointed that I missed out on seeing Taymor's original totally whackadoo version...
    I saw Julie Taymors version it was crazy. :P Btw I couldn't tell from ur response if you liked it or not... lol

Quote Originally Posted by 333 View Post
    I saw Julie Taymors version it was crazy. :P Btw I couldn't tell from ur response if you liked it or not... lol
    I didn't like the show, but I had a good time seeing it.

It's definitely an experience any lifelong Spidey fan should have, but it really is a terrible musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    I didn't like the show, but I had a good time seeing it.

It's definitely an experience any lifelong Spidey fan should have, but it really is a terrible musical.
    Well, I've heard that Its reviews have gotten a lot better!