Page 4 of 336 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 5035
  1. #46
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I can't help but feel that if the offer was made, it was made comfortably in the knowledge that he wouldn't in a million years accept it.
    Yeah. "Hey, we offered him the rights, he turned us down. Anything we do now is perfectly acceptable and can't possibly be criticised."
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  2. #47
    I say thee nay! icctrombone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    From the things I've read about Moore, he's a bit of a kook.
    Life is what you make it.

  3. #48
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,370

    Default

    The most powerful man in Hollywood has to be Seth McFarlane now. The guy just directed a movie about a R Rated teddy bear that comes to life and that .... beats Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey stripping . Yes folks ... the one who finally has beaten Tatum after his year of hit movies is this...


    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  4. #49
    Shine On. The Once And Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis/Franklin, Indiana
    Posts
    12,856

    Default



    At last! My first set. Not gonna lie, having rewatched it a few times, I'm...amazed it won. A couple of these jokes suck.

  5. #50
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    From the things I've read about Moore, he's a bit of a kook.
    Majority of it is tongue and cheek and out-of-context snips and his dry English humor.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

  6. #51
    Unicorns are tasty! Tadhg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post


    At last! My first set. Not gonna lie, having rewatched it a few times, I'm...amazed it won. A couple of these jokes suck.
    I think you're being too self-critical. A lot of the jokes work and you've got great presence.

  7. #52
    The Dark Knight Returns DonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Cleve
    Posts
    13,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The most powerful man in Hollywood has to be Seth McFarlane now. The guy just directed a movie about a R Rated teddy bear that comes to life and that .... beats Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey stripping . Yes folks ... the one who finally has beaten Tatum after his year of hit movies is this...



    Hate to break it to you, Supe, but Magic Mike only cost $7M to Ted's $50M. Estimates put Ted at around $55M for the weekend and Mike at about $41M. The profit margin is clearly in Tatum's favor right now.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

  8. #53
    Shine On. The Once And Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis/Franklin, Indiana
    Posts
    12,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tadhg View Post
    I think you're being too self-critical. A lot of the jokes work and you've got great presence.
    I guess I'm just disappointed. A lot more of it is racial than I like.

  9. #54
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Hate to break it to you, Supe, but Magic Mike only cost $7M to Ted's $50M. Estimates put Ted at around $55M for the weekend and Mike at about $41M. The profit margin is clearly in Tatum's favor right now.
    Of course Ted was only expected to make half of what was expected and finish behind Magic Mike. Ted is the 1st R Rated comedy to open so strong since the Hangover and will likely do close to $100 million domestic by the time its over.

    I do chuckle that a movie featuring 2 male stars many women and some men wanna see in the buff ...finished 2nd to a teddy bear.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  10. #55
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post


    At last! My first set. Not gonna lie, having rewatched it a few times, I'm...amazed it won. A couple of these jokes suck.
    Most of 'em don't. You're a funny guy, guy. And for a first-timer, you seemed to have a lot of confidence. It doesn't matter whether you actually did or not, it's the fact that you seemed to that's important.

    The recording's a bit shit so I couldn't hear some of it, but what I could hear I liked.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  11. #56
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    I guess I'm just disappointed. A lot more of it is racial than I like.
    If there's one thing white people love, it's black people making jokes about being black.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  12. #57
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    If there's one thing white people love, it's black people making jokes about being black.
    I thought it would be black people doing white people impressions

    or white person doing a black person doing a white guy impression
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

  13. #58
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    I thought it would be black people doing white people impressions

    or white doing a black guy doing a white guy impression
    It's funny because it's true!
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  14. #59
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Yeah, I'm not even white and I chuckled at that. It transcends racial barriers!
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

  15. #60
    Shine On. The Once And Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis/Franklin, Indiana
    Posts
    12,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Most of 'em don't. You're a funny guy, guy. And for a first-timer, you seemed to have a lot of confidence. It doesn't matter whether you actually did or not, it's the fact that you seemed to that's important.

    The recording's a bit shit so I couldn't hear some of it, but what I could hear I liked.
    I'm a theatre major, so being on-stage isn't bad, except for the lights being way brighter during stand-up than they are during a show (which I mentioned as an ad-lib). The recording is pretty shoddy thanks to it being recorded by my brother's digital camera, but footy is footy for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    If there's one thing white people love, it's black people making jokes about being black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    I thought it would be black people doing white people impressions

    or white person doing a black person doing a white guy impression
    Yeah, but too much and it's just a terrible gimmick. That's why I like the viagra joke the best. That shit is funny across all races.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •