Page 1 of 336 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Default RITA'S CXLIV: I Donít Care How Rough the Road is, Show Me Where it Starts

Here's RITA's.

It's a basic off-topic discussion thread. It is named in honor of one of our favorite posters, Awesome Rita!

Think about it as her bar.

Same rules as the regular board apply, except, well, the off-topic part.

In addition, if you really must ask ridiculous questions, then you can ask that stuff here.

Also, as I think has been born out a few times now, please try not to use this thread to discuss other threads/posts on the Community Forum (or any other forum, really). Just post in those other threads (and, if it is off-topic for that thread, then just don't post it period - or try a PM!).

Otherwise, enjoy!

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

That took longer than usual.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Also, back to the TV question, I'm guessing the first case would be Jackie Gleason, doing the Honeymooners while still doing the sketch material on The Jackie Gleason Show.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

There were two? When I was little, they did the Honeymooners ON the Jackie Gleason Show.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

And, ah, new Rita's! That calls for a visit from our old friend, Jennifer Love Hewitt's butt!

'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    There were two? When I was little, they did the Honeymooners ON the Jackie Gleason Show.
    That's where it started, before it spun off.

-Expletive Deleted

And then spun back? Weird, but OK.
    'Dox out.

And then spun back? Weird, but OK.
    Yep. Them's the golden age of televisions for ya.

-Expletive Deleted

Watching the '50s ones were kind of weird for me at first, because I'd grown up with a Sheila McRae "Alice" instead of the Audrey Meadows one. Audrey was still much better, though. The whole thing was more sanitized for the '60s.
    'Dox out.

Alright, so today I saw my friend/coworker for the 1st time after I vetoed her promotion, and she was frikkin pissed at me. I told her why I said no and just stared at me blankly and shocked by how much I observed. So she quit.

No loss on my end. I really would hate her working for me.
    Team Cool Approved Corrie Winning member of The Clique if it was real

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Think of it as quality over quantity,

A lot of troll padding was gone.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Watching the '50s ones were kind of weird for me at first, because I'd grown up with a Sheila McRae "Alice" instead of the Audrey Meadows one. Audrey was still much better, though. The whole thing was more sanitized for the '60s.
    So what, no whimsical threats of domestic abuse? It's hardly the Honeymooners without Ralph threatening to punch Alice in the face as the audience explodes in paroxysms of gleeful laughter at the thought.

"To the moon, Alice!"

I believe that was still there, but didn't have the believability of the '50s one. Certainly Alice wasn't as bitchy in the '60s (that's a bad thing, btw), and that kind of threw off Ralph's rages. When I compare the two, that later ones seem to be mostly about Ralph and Ed's character twitches, whereas the earlier ones had a lot more about Ralph and Alice, with a side of Norton.

Trixie remained a non-entity in both though.
    'Dox out.

I think a forty year friendship ended today.

No, I don't want to talk about it.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com