Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    This is Friday after the panel...

We will also be set up at booth 4901 like always!
    Yay!
    Sorry for the mix up with the days...

Also, Becky Cloonan (Pickens County Horror cover artists) will be there:
    I will be at San Diego comic con, this time as a special guest!! *fanfare* find me, Fabio Moon, Gabriel Bá, Jill Thompson, Andy Belanger and Rafael Albuquerque at booth #1320!

Things I will have:
    -WOLVES and THE MIRE
    -Prints! I will have some of these.
    -A plethora of originals to flip though, and perhaps purchase!

I will be at the booth probably most of the time, except for lunches (which I am determined to take breaks for this year!), breaks to buy stuff, and a few panels! Including…

Spotlight on Becky Cloonan
    Thursday, July 12
    11:00-12:00PM
    Room 32AB

Making a Living in Manga
    Friday, July 13
    7:30-8:30PM
    Room 8

Cover Story
    Sunday, July 15
    2:00-3:00PM
    Room 25ABC

THAT’S IT SEE U THEREEEE

Francesco Francavilla (cover artist for The Fury #1, The Devil Does Not Jest #1, The Curse Bells #1 and Monsters #1) will also be there...
    ...following is my entire schedule for this year SDCC (or CCI) and TR!CKSTER shows. Hope to see you guys there in SD: looks like it's gonna be GOOD time :)

Thursday, July 12

10-11am
    SIGNING at DC Booth #1915 - bring your Black Mirror HCs or Swamp Thing #10 issues by to get them signed.

1-2pm:
    Dark Horse Panel: Powered by Creators, Room 23ABC
    An In-Depth Look at the Best in Creator-Owned Comics— Just over 25 years ago, Dark Horse arrived with a different agenda than any other publisher in comics. The young company was founded on the belief that comics creators should have the option to retain the rights to their own work, and today it continues to be a highly fertile breeding ground for new characters and concepts. Self-publishing sensation Sam Humphries introduces Dark Horse publisher Mike Richardson, along with a cast of top talent from around the industry. Expect exclusive announcements, and much, much more!
    FF: A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT coming out from this panel, so make sure to be there :)

3-4 pm
    SIGNING at Dark Horse Booth #2615 Creator-Owned Signing with Eric Powell (The Goon), Francesco Francavilla (The Black Beetle), Matt Kindt (MIND MGMT), Tony Puryear and Erika Alexander (Concrete Park), and Sanford Greene (Rotten Apple)

4-5pm:
    SIGNING at CBLDF Booth #1920

Friday, July 13

10-11am
    >>> Secret Project & Con Exclusive Merchandise Signing – Project & Items To Be Announced & Tweeted at Show
    FF: make sure to check my twitter feed (@f_francavilla) at 10am for details on the what and where!

12-1 pm
    SIGNING at MARVEL Booth #2329

2-4pm
    Trickster Symposium
    NEW LOCATION!!! Wine Steals/Proper, 795 J Street

Get tickets and information for all Trickster Symposia and events at http://trickstertrickster.com/events/symposia/

THE ART WORKSHOP
    Afternoons at TR!CKSTER will feature THE ARTISTS’ WORKSHOPS, a series of informal demonstrations by a gathering of today’s top visual storytellers. Designed to allow for up-close-and-personal demonstrations of technique and method, these workshops will feature artists creating original works on-site and in the moment, from watercolor and acrylic to pencil and ink. Work might include actual comics pages being produced, thumbnails, or original paintings that might be used for production. Some work will be available for sale as its produced, some just for demonstration, but these workshops have been hailed as some of the more memorable experiences at TR!CKSTER. Make sure to include this experience in your schedule this year!
    Demonstrating artists will include JILL THOMPSON (Scary Godmother), JIM MAHFOOD (L.A. Inkstains), FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA (Black Beetle, Sorrow, Garrison), FABIO MOON (BPRD, Casanova), SCOTT MORSE (Strange Science Fantasy, BRAVE), ARMAND BALTAZAR (The Collidescape Chronicles, Pixar designer), and an assortment of other top visual storytellers from comics, film, and illustration backgrounds. Artists will vary daily.

PERFECT FOR: artists and aspiring artists in all fields; anyone looking to explore new media and technique/method

Saturday, July 14

5-6 pm
    SIGNING at DC Booth #1915

7.30 pm
    CBLDF Art Auction
    A first look of preview images is available at http://tinyurl.com/CBLDFauction or at the CBLDF’s booth, number 1920! This auction will take place at the Hilton Bayfront, in the Sapphire AB Room, at 7:30 pm. YOU DO NOT NEED A COMIC CON BADGE TO ATTEND. More art will be added up til the auction begins!
    FF: I have two pieces in this auction Captain America and Golden Age Sandman. Pls bid generously for a great cause.

Cheers,
    Francesco

If anyone is going to SDCC and would be will to pick up something for me I would much appreciate it.
    I can paypal you the funds right away plus a little extra for your effort.

PM me if you can!
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Thanks to Marisa Smith, I was able to attend Preview Night for the first time in quite a few years. Of course, the first place we went was to say hello to the Mignola clan again -- which is always a pleasure. Marisa scored an awesome Hellboy print with the almost equally cool certificate of authenticity. And we got an early look through Mike's amazing selection of original art. Plenty of beautiful pieces on offer this year, and I was fortunate enough to be able to walk away with my pick of the lot -- a stunning Witchfinder cover. Very, very happy

Quote Originally Posted by brentmcd View Post
    Thanks to Marisa Smith, I was able to attend Preview Night for the first time in quite a few years. Of course, the first place we went was to say hello to the Mignola clan again -- which is always a pleasure. Marisa scored an awesome Hellboy print with the almost equally cool certificate of authenticity. And we got an early look through Mike's amazing selection of original art. Plenty of beautiful pieces on offer this year, and I was fortunate enough to be able to walk away with my pick of the lot -- a stunning Witchfinder cover. Very, very happy
    And let me tell you, everyone, this guy had the biggest smile of anyone at SDCC last night! ! :-D

I thought I'd be at the Con to today, but had to bow out... I hope someone can give us a play by play of the Hellboy panel.

You can find a transcript of the panel here...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/sdcc...s-hellboy.html

No REAL big reveals... no mention of what is up with Abe... maybe Dark Horse will make an announcement.

Well, aside from the news that Sebastian Fiumara will be doing a Lobster Johnson story with a cover by Tonci Zonjic, it seems nothing came out of the Mignola panel. However, I said the same thing last year until I watched a video of the panel and discovered heaps of news that the major comics news sites had totally missed. Hopefully a video will be up soon.

This guy seems ideal for horror comics (especially pulp ones). I'd love to see him have a shot at a BPRD or Lobster Johnson one shot at least.

Francavilla won an Eisner tonight for his cover work. Congrats to Francesco!

Quote Originally Posted by brentmcd View Post
    Francavilla won an Eisner tonight for his cover work. Congrats to Francesco!
    Seriously? That's (swears enthusiastically) awesome!

Should have also mentioned that Tyler Crook won Most Promising Newcomer. And Dark Horse Presents won for Best Anthology. Congrats everyone!

Great to hear Francavilla and Crook are being recognized for their talent!

I'm still crossing my fingers Dark Horse releases some preview art or specific title names and the creative teams attached. It's been a very quiet SDCC!

OK, NerdBastards.com have done a much better report on the panel. Here's the news (only including the new news, not stuff repeated from many other interviews over the last year):

• Mignola plans to one day to a Lovecraftian story set in France (the event referenced by Hellboy in Goodbye, Mr. Tod).
    • Mignola has talked about doing stories set early in Hellboy's career with the BPRD before he became an official agent. He also has a bunch of ideas for Professor Bruttenholm in World War II.
    • Kevin Nowlan is working on a Lobster Johnson story with John Arcudi.
    • After Sin Titulo, Cameron Stewart will be back working on BPRD.
    • Mignola says they will do more Witchfinder if they can find the right artist. He still wants to tell the story of the Jack the Ripper debacle. "I'd love to do Grey in Asia. Russia. All these characters want their own books. Part of Scott's job is reigning us in. And I'm not going to tell you the Jack the Ripper story now!"
    • Mignola still has more Hellboy in Mexico he wants to do, a story inspired by The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. However it will not be with Richard Corben. "I think Corben is done in Mexico. We may do more Hellboy together, but probably not in Mexico."
    • Cameron Stewart mentioned how the digital format has potentially opened up what they can do with the stories since an issue no longer needs to be twenty-two pages a month.

if you want to check out Sebastian Fiumara's work (upcoming artist on a Lobster Johnson story) here is his blog.
    Last edited by Middenway; 07-15-2012 at 01:44 AM.