Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Thats what worries me about Guardians of The Galaxy. We'd probably see more adventures on earth than we do on space that they'd might aswell name the movie Guardians of The Earth
    We'll see. You can substitute earth locations for different planets. Prometheus cost 125 million and filmed in Iceland and soundstages.

How was Warlock & Starhawk handle in the GotG series?
    "Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

Quote Originally Posted by hugh45 View Post
    How was Warlock & Starhawk handle in the GotG series?
    Don't thnk it has any bearing in the movie.

BANNED

The comedy angle for Rocket Raccoon can be similar to Puss in Boots from Shrek. At first he seems like some cute, fluffy animal... then you hear him speak. Maybe even throw an F bomb in there. You're allowed one in a PG-13 film, if anyone says it, it's gotta be the Raccoon!

Great White North Brian from Canada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I'm talking about as a fan. I hate that it's not the original that are introduced first. The GOG comic of recent years was pretty pointless: "put cosmic guys together".
    The concept may have been "put cosmic guys together," but DnA transformed it into an amazing series with humour, adventure and scope that few Marvel series have done in the last fifteen years so much so that the series made you CARE for characters like Cosmo, Rocket and Groot. And it didn't matter that the cast kept growing; like their run on Legion at DC, they made it easy enough to keep track of who's who AND know where the series was going all in each issue.

Factor in that DnA also ramped up the rest of the space races (Shi'Ar, Kree, Phalanx, etc.) and you had a wonderful area to visit that wasn't bogged down by crossovers and events. (In fact, when they DID do events, they had the sense of epicness, like the war between Shi'Ar and Kree.)

My only disappointment was that Marvel cancelled the series to make room for a Cosmic Avengers featuring A-listers like Silver Surfer because they thought they needed to bring Earth out.

They need to bring the series with its writers! back sooner than later.

Great White North Brian from Canada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    The comedy angle for Rocket Raccoon can be similar to Puss in Boots from Shrek. At first he seems like some cute, fluffy animal... then you hear him speak. Maybe even throw an F bomb in there. You're allowed one in a PG-13 film, if anyone says it, it's gotta be the Raccoon!
    No. If he swears, make it "fur ball" or something similar, so you get what he says without the swearing. Rocket didn't actually swear in the comic series, he was just sarcastic as Hell and flippant to orders when he didn't want 'em.

BANNED

True. Or he could use "d'ast".

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post

I could see Guardians spinning out of Avengers 2, after helping with the Thanos battle, but I can't see Guardians leading in to Avengers 2 myself, else that gives Avengers 2 a really huge cast if you have to try and feature both teams.
    I'd rather see the old school Guardians help out the Avengers. Kind of like in the Korvac saga.

This is great news. Great news. Hope the movie does justice to the recent GotG series as it is one of the best team books put out in recent years... Everyone should read all the back issues and then The Thanos Imperative trade to cap it all off.
    GotG had really solid interaction between the characters and I ended up enjoying it as much as any X-Men run I've read. I'm totally amped that the concept art includes Groot - I just bought Tales to Astonish #13 - first ever Groot >:DDD I am Groot! (Me so happy!) Okay Marvel screenwriters, any chance of working in Cosmo... his rivalry with Rocket was a joy...

Please forgive me! I couldn't help but share this!

That image is the very definition of 'EPIC'.

If Disney and Marvel fail to get a Guardians of the Galaxy TV show on Disney XD that would indeed be tragic.

Nova and Silver Surfer NEED to be in this. Marvel should pay good money to get the Silver Surfer Back, He's the integral Marvel Cosmic guy. You don't need the FF to have the Surfer.
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

It'll be awesome if they hold off Nova for a small part in the movie and then spin him off into his own movie.

I can't believe I'm talking about all this. Nova! Guardian of the Galaxy with Drax and Gamora! The possibility of what can be seen in the movie and in the future of movies. This is a crazy time to be a comic book fan. Thank you, Marvel Studios for being as awesome as you are!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Can't wait for the cast and crew speculation to begin...