but yeah back on thread, it would be interesting to see how Celebrity Deathmatch fares against DW's Zombies and Vampires.
Haley Joel Osment commands the ghosts of every competitor that's ever died on the show. Or they use the giant mecha from Beastie Boys vs. Backstreet Boys.
"When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular." ~Pol Rua
2. DW. After seeing the revival, I don't think CD has much juice left in it.
4. Celebrity Deathmatch people can machine gun all the warriors to death.
My biggest problem with deadliest warrior was that they seemed to back out of all the fights we wanted to see, Knight vs. Samurai, Pirate vs. Ninja, etc (I honestly thought the knight would kick everyone pre-gunpowders ass and kinda got cheated in that respect.)
After they switched to exclusively general vs. general the show became a shadow of itself. It was never that realistic or scientific, but at least it was FUN, the whole general thing was stupid.
The worst matchup in the entire show however, had to be Joan of Arc vs. Charlemagne. It was literally small group vs another small group who fought in the exact same style, but with better weapons.
2. General vs. General? what do you mean? in season 3, all but three of the match-ups focused on famous indviduals.
3. You meant Joan of Arc vs. William the Conqueror. Charlemagne never appeared in the show.
4. So ptvrc, what about answering DW vs. CDM in all four scenarios?
Besides that while Napololeon isn't really known for his tactical genius Washington wasn't THAT special either. Its more like he got lucky a few times and was really good at inspiring his men.
Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; 07-04-2012 at 05:36 PM.
2. But it was always from a commanding position. It was never one on one, like William Wallace vs. Shaka Zulu, or Vlad vs. Sun Tzu.
3. Yeah, I confused the two. Still I maintain that was the worse match up in the show, because it was literally two groups that were almost exactly the same, except one was a few hundred years more advanced. Mail vs. Plate etc.
4.Eh, its kinda obvious that CDM wins in the vs. other than that, I'd like to see a Deadliest Warrior all the way for me. I'd like to see a revival, but pull back to first season, keep famous individuals battles as the exception rather than the rule, same with the more modern stuff, and keep group battles to a minimum as well. Also a lot more humility from the actual hosts, and acknowledge that their results had little to do with reality.
Also that kind of small scale warfare was what the American Militia excelled at, and the Grand Army historically did not, the rifle would have a clear advantage in this case, unlike in pitched battles, while the cannon would have been less effective overall, with no great big mass of men to shoot at.
And I dunno... I kinda loved group battles more than one-on-one, they're far more exciting and you get to see both sides eat it.
I always found Celebrity Deathmatch to be very tiresome.