Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Windrider View Post
    Another great issue from Wood. I couldn't put it down. I am really enjoying his take on Storm and I am loving that he is bringing back her strong, regal and commanding presence in this title. Her leadership skills are shining through. Her quick decision making and reaction to dealing the tentacle monster in the middle of the water, working with contacts and old connections outside of the X-Men, and assessing the risk of telling Scott or the public with the information they are finding out brings back my thoughts to the intelligent Storm that Claremont made many of us fans of. Wood is doing a great job of fleshing out Storm's thought process and reasoning behind her decisions, which is something we don't consistently get (if at all) from her appearances in othet titles.
    So is that how Storm really behaves? If so, I feel like a fool. I bought the first issue of Wood's run on this book, but avoided the second because the way Storm has been written. I always thought Storm was kind, graceful, and full of wisdom. Not a rude and deceiver like attitude. I know Storm and Cyclops has their differences, but I always thought Storm wouldn't hide nothing from Scott either. Perhaps because I only know Storm from the TAS series, older Uncanny X-Men issue "like Chasing Hellfire", and pretty much everything from mid 2009, I felt Storm was severely written out of character. Now if this is how Storm actually behaves, I will start reading X-Men again, but Storm has really disappointed me if this is her real persona.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    So is that how Storm really behaves? If so, I feel like a fool. I bought the first issue of Wood's run on this book, but avoided the second because the way Storm has been written. I always thought Storm was kind, graceful, and full of wisdom. Not a rude and deceiver like attitude. I know Storm and Cyclops has their differences, but I always thought Storm wouldn't hide nothing from Scott either. Perhaps because I only know Storm from the TAS series, older Uncanny X-Men issue "like Chasing Hellfire", and pretty much everything from mid 2009, I felt Storm was severely written out of character. Now if this is how Storm actually behaves, I will start reading X-Men again, but Storm has really disappointed me if this is her real persona.
    Jesus Christ! I'm honestly not trying to attack you or make fun of you, but your only Storm knowledge is from circa 2006 and 2009? If you are at all interested in Storm please read her early UXM adventures from 94-281 and the entirety of XXM. If not all of that, at least selected material from one of those eras. That was Storm at her best. I'd hate for your opinion of Storm to be based on the material she was given in the years you provided.

Yes, you should at least read the original X-Treme X-Men run, which should be easy for you to collect and is the most contemporary Storm that is truest to her character. What you are describing is similar to early 90s Jean Grey or pre-Phoenix Saga Storm. Storm as a character has been watered down like most x-woman when Cyclops, Wolverine and Emma became the new x-trinity.

Besides Cyclops as big brother has always clashed with Storm, no man leads her.

Sabra wound so easy? she was supposed super strong or something, good issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Sabra wound so easy? she was supposed super strong or something, good issue.
    Well, she ain't dead!

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I always thought Storm was kind, graceful, and full of wisdom.
    Where did you get THAT from? She's forever looking after number one, no matter what airs she puts on.

It's why she cut a bitch (Callisto) after giving everyone else such sanctimonious claptrap about "x-men do not kill".

My favorite ever Storm scene from Claremont's Uncanny heyday includes her whooshing up an unwilling Kitty Pryde into a wind vortex just to give HER shit for not appreciating her radical image change and to chastise HER for letting their "mother-daughter" relationship fall by the wayside. So self-serving, it was a beautiful scene.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is easily the best Storm i've read since Claremont's X-Treme.
    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 07-01-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Why expend personal energy when you have a battle-ready ship that is capable of doing it for you? And if we are going to nit-pick...Why is she even in a jet, when she is fully capable of flying? *steeeuuuuppps* (sucks teeth).
    She's in a jet so she can run a global security organization. She can't video conference with wind and thunder. She can, however, user her abilities quickly and efficiently in a life-threatening situation. That she'd waste time yelling at someone to do something she could've done in a shorter amount of is dumb. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    1. We still need an answer if this is a post Cyttorak Petey. I assume yes since he doesn't "power up", but he still has a bald head, doesn't revert back to human form and still has the Cyttorak arm bands. So...a little insight would be appreciated.
    I assume this is a pre-Phoenix Petey. If he were Phoenix Colossus, he would be in charge, and if he were post-Phoenix Colossus, people would mention the fallout of AvX. Also, I can´t believe Cyclops could stay as boss after AvX.

Cyclops is a jerk and an extremist now, and Storm shows wisdom when she questions his orders. Buy the books; everybody who follows the X-men loves her for standing up to Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Where did you get THAT from? She's forever looking after number one, no matter what airs she puts on.

It's why she cut a bitch (Callisto) after giving everyone else such sanctimonious claptrap about "x-men do not kill".

My favorite ever Storm scene from Claremont's Uncanny heyday includes her whooshing up an unwilling Kitty Pryde into a wind vortex just to give HER shit for not appreciating her radical image change and to chastise HER for letting their "mother-daughter" relationship fall by the wayside. So self-serving, it was a beautiful scene.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is easily the best Storm i've read since Claremont's X-Treme.
    Yes, I used to hate her diva attitude (always expecting to be treated like a goddess or a queen, bleargh!) but they are writing her as a nicer person now, always acting as the sensible, sensitive voice of reason for the group; she is slowly becoming a character I could like (also, when compared to King Cyclops and Queen Emma, she no longer seems so arrogant).
    Last edited by Habis; 07-01-2012 at 07:48 PM.

CTT Grand High Priest Windrider's Avatar

Actually yes, this is more closer to the Claremazon Storm than what we have seen from Hudlin, Bendis and Fraction of the past 6 or 7 years. Storm is still kind, graceful and wise, but is also a strong and instinctive leader with a commanding presence. I don't think she has been shown to be rude but I do think she comes off as being annoyed by Domino. I also wouldn't call her attitude deceiving. Storm does not blindly trust Cyclops. She never really has. Outside of Jean, Wolverine, and Kitty, I can't think of another x-man who Storm trusted without question. Considering the information she and the security team has discovered in issue #31 and the ramifications of this information, and considering how she felt about some of Cyclop's decisions (i.e.-X-Force), her being cautious and following her instincts makes sense and is very much in her character to be this way.

This is no different than when she secretly took her team of X-treme X-Men to find Destiny's Diaries, and made it a point to not tell Xavier (or Cyclops), or "faked" her teams deaths to protect their friends and loved ones, or secretly maintained the shared position of White King with Magneto in the Hellfire Club. Or the Storm who does what she thinks is right or necessary, and that included stabbing Callisto through the heart, or ripping out Marrow's heart, or who could have taken Super-Sabre's head off with fishing line and a stick. TBH, the way she has been portrayed from the time Fraction took over (even in some of Hudlin's writing) is not the same Storm she was up to the point they started writing her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    that's funny. i was laying out in the park the other day and just happened to be reading that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Windrider View Post
    Outside of Jean, Wolverine, and Kitty, I can't think of another x-man who Storm trusted without question.
    Nightcrawler!
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Just to be clear on Storm's character: She is BOTH!

If you see how Storm is when she's in Africe, or when with Force, or at the beginning of her membership and also lately shown, she's then the kind woman, soft at heart, easy going, sensitive, kind, graceful, and full of wisdom and give good advise to others.

Then you have the tough Storm who is the other side of the coin (so to speak). That's the Storm we saw in this issue. That's the same Storm who didn't want Rogue to join, who almost killed Callisto, the same who almost killed marrow and so on.

You also hae a third part of her character, though rarely shown: The Godess part of her character, where she's a bit arrogant and behaving like a saviour, which has only been shown in Black Panther and a Storm mini decades ago.

So, you are all right on this. Many X-characters have several sides (just take a look at Emma, Rogue or Colossus for example) to them. Each is used in different situations. Just like real life people they can be king and generous one day and moody and aggressive the other day. Depends on the situation they are in.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    that's funny. i was laying out in the park the other day and just happened to be reading that story.
    It's my x-canon selection. Did you see Kitty's bitchin' OTK boots and legwarmers look? that's like my favorite outfit ever in comics.