Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    average comic book fan... JonQCitizen's Avatar

I loved everything about #5! A lot of small twists in the story, bringing us more information on the supporting characters. The ending? Didn't see that coming! Awesome job BKV & Fiona S.!!
    Currently collecting: Aphrodite IX, Elephantmen, The Flash, Godzilla, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saga, & Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenistar View Post
    I don't have a problem with it, but it may have been why Tapes felt the book was a bit on the short side.
    Yeah, that basically the why. It wasn't really a complaint, more just a statement.

And really, how could someone complain about those panels when the art is as great as it is?

Read the first issue and was impressed, I need to get back on this

I'm really big on Lying Cat and Prince Robot IV (TV head) too. This series is pretty solid.

So the book is taking a 2+ month break? I noticed that it is not listed in the previews for a 2nd consecutive month. :/

Comixology have #6 listed for August 15th - http://pulllist.comixology.com/sku/JUN120569/Saga-6-MR-

Comixology have #6 listed for August 15th - http://pulllist.comixology.com/sku/JUN120569/Saga-6-MR-
    It is after #6 that they seem to be taking a break. We'll get the August issue (end of arc #1), but will have to wait a couple months (at least) for the second arc.

Bummer, i really got into the story :(

Bummer, i really got into the story :(
    Same here. There isn't a book on the shelves that I look forward to more than Saga. I really hope it is only 2 months.

The break is sort of a downer, but looking on the bright side it means I'll get to dip my toes into something new for those two months and reevaluate whether I want to continue with everything else I'm reading.

average comic book fan... JonQCitizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Concept Coop View Post
    Same here. There isn't a book on the shelves that I look forward to more than Saga. I really hope it is only 2 months.
    Another Forum site kinda quotes Vaughan as saying this 2-month layoff is so new readers (from the trade-paperback release) have a jumping-on point for the monthly, etc. Don't know if that's 100% accurate, but it does make sense...
    Currently collecting: Aphrodite IX, Elephantmen, The Flash, Godzilla, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saga, & Usagi Yojimbo.

Well that does suck that it's taking a two month break but I'm sure I'll find something to spend my money on :)
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

I picked up the first issue on a whim and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the trade paperback coming out in October.

Hopefully the "break" means that people will dump their copies to me! :D

i love this book. easily the best new book of the year

I'm fine with taking a two month break at the end of an arc. Just so long as the delays don't occur mid-arc. And if the reason they take a break is for Staples to take her time, that's totally excusable. I would hate to see any other artist fill in on this series.