Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bakkabennu View Post
    Drat, now I really have to wait. Oh well, would rather have a good product than something rushed.

Edit: Is it skipping after issue 6 or next month?
    After issue 6. So, September.

That first page of the newest issue was as much of a WTF moment as anything that's shown up so far.

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

I skipped this as it first came out--seemed too much like this decade's TMNT: an amalgam of What's Popular Today (then, it was Teen (Titans), Mutants (we all know who), ninjas, and...well, something off-the-wall, like, oh, turtles). But, I have a persuasive comics shop dealer, and now I've read issues 1 & 2, have #3 and 4 on order, and, of course, am disappointed not to find a new issue in previews (ah, but see above, whew). will continue following this for a while-- really like the cover to issue 4!
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

So, because of a distributor and local store SNAFU, I couldn't get my hand on issue 2. So I decided to wait until the first trade was out to continue buy it as an ongoing (Basically, I'll buy trade one, and then the rest as ongoing). Somebody has any info if there is a trade coming out, when I can expect it and how many issues it will collects? The Image site is no help.

Quote Originally Posted by collex View Post
    So, because of a distributor and local store SNAFU, I couldn't get my hand on issue 2. So I decided to wait until the first trade was out to continue buy it as an ongoing (Basically, I'll buy trade one, and then the rest as ongoing). Somebody has any info if there is a trade coming out, when I can expect it and how many issues it will collects? The Image site is no help.
    if i had to guess, i'd say the TPB will be out in September/October when Issue #6 is released. With Fatale, the TPB (#1-5) came out last week, the same day that issue #6 came out.

i lent my copies to a friend, and now he's hooked! :)

average comic book fan... JonQCitizen's Avatar

Fiona's art is top notch. The sort of "scratchy" pencils and bright colors work well together. The reflections and computer elements aren't over the top, but just right......
    This book is as close to perfect as a human can manage....and Fiona's artwork is a big part of that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fett View Post
    It was love at first sight for me.Who knew this book could become such a must have in such a short amount of time?I hope it continues its run for a long time.
    ....ditto....agree with everything you said!

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Relax. It's skipping a month. It happens.
    ...whew! Mild panic attack averted!!!! lol.
    Currently collecting: Aphrodite IX, Elephantmen, The Flash, Godzilla, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saga, & Usagi Yojimbo.

I usually buy trade, though I'm a big fan of BKV (though couldn't get in to the firs Ex Machina after the first trade, does it get better or is that really setting the tone as to what's to come?) so decided to take the plunge yesteday and picked up the first four issues. Loving it so far! Great characterisations as always some really brilliant ideas in there. Any word on roughly how many issues we are to expect from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    I usually buy trade, though I'm a big fan of BKV (though couldn't get in to the firs Ex Machina after the first trade, does it get better or is that really setting the tone as to what's to come?) so decided to take the plunge yesteday and picked up the first four issues. Loving it so far! Great characterisations as always some really brilliant ideas in there. Any word on roughly how many issues we are to expect from this?
    I don't think he's actually said how long it's going to be other than it is an ongoing and that he wants to do it for a long time.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Drat, now I really have to wait. Oh well, would rather have a good product than something rushed.

Edit: Is it skipping after issue 6 or next month?
    Well, I tweeted Fiona Staples about this and she said they'll take a break after the trade comes out. They'll be back y November.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I don't think he's actually said how long it's going to be other than it is an ongoing and that he wants to do it for a long time.
    That's good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Relax. It's skipping a month. It happens.
    I'm not over reacting here but such things almost always make me worry with Image. I recall being told by Phil Hester on a board about how Golly! was going to be a monthly put out on time and reading about how Gutsville would also be finished by... ever. Not that it's much money but in the case of Gutsville I feel truly ripped off with a story that was never finished and that someone ought to refund the people who bought the first three issues. Anyway, that made me stop buying all image books until very recently, I hope Saga doesn't go down that path.

I haven't read sci-fi this good since Thanos Imperative, and this is better, 4 issues and it mixes comedy and drama masterfully in a way I haven't seen since I watched Farscape.

Quote Originally Posted by collex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
    if i had to guess, i'd say the TPB will be out in September/October when Issue #6 is released. With Fatale, the TPB (#1-5) came out last week, the same day that issue #6 came out.

If the amazon listing is accurate, then the TPB is going to be released on October 23, of this year, for $9.99.

Hell, even though I get it each issue, I may get the TPB just for the cover art.
    LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Saga-Volume-TP...&keywords=saga

I liked Staples' reaction to the script. Mine too.

:(