Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I got the trade and finished it in one read! I was great! If the Deluxe edition comes close with the second volume I'll get the HC, otherwise I'll continue getting the trades. Can't wait for vol 2!

I'm gonna hold off buying the first trade, and hope for a deluxe down the road.I feel I'm gonna have a long wait.

This has got rave reviews from everyone, but surely there is someone else who feels that this is... sort of... I don't know ... kinda, ... well, to be honest.... just dull as dishwater. There I said it! I've liked most other BKV stuff that I've read, but I lasted 4 or 5 issues of this and I'd had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fett View Post
    I'm gonna hold off buying the first trade, and hope for a deluxe down the road.I feel I'm gonna have a long wait.
    Judging from this thread alone, its clear there is a demand for a deluxe edition.

Lets look at the facts for a second, its getting universal praise, its BKV, Image print deluxe edition's and Saga is clearly one of the company's best selling titles at the moment.

If Image act accordingly, i think we can expect a deluxe edition around issue 13, collecting 1-12. This was the case for Chew anyway. So if thats the best case situation it should be announced in about 3 months time in the solicitations and available to buy in 5.

Sure thats a wait, but a worthwhile one.

I just hope Image do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Garth View Post
    This has got rave reviews from everyone, but surely there is someone else who feels that this is... sort of... I don't know ... kinda, ... well, to be honest.... just dull as dishwater. There I said it! I've liked most other BKV stuff that I've read, but I lasted 4 or 5 issues of this and I'd had enough.
    its decent. lovely art and lettering, some nice stuff here and there and i like the letters pages but i agree story itself is a bit ho-hum. I'm staying with it but at the minute it's just solid to me
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

you guys do realize that SAGA is going to go for 100 issues or so, right?

you want everything spoon-fed and wrapped up quickly? go to the cinema lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
    you guys do realize that SAGA is going to go for 100 issues or so, right?

you want everything spoon-fed and wrapped up quickly? go to the cinema lol
    No what we said was the story is, to us, a bit dull.
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    No what we said was the story is, to us, a bit dull.
    Hey, it's not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
    Hey, it's not for everyone.
    Exactly. Personally I am sticking with it to see if it heats up and there is enough cool imagery (i liked the floating masonary on the planet, some of the colouring is really excellent) to ease story along at the minute but last 2 issues have moved about an inch forward for me.

Picked up the first trade yesterday :D
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

My mind is boggled at the idea that someone could find this dull.

Oh well... to each their own.

As far as I am concerned, it is the best book coming today and the best book since,,, well, at LEAST Joe the Barbarian, and this is probably even better than that.

I'm with you on this.
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

average comic book fan... JonQCitizen's Avatar

....surely there is someone else who feels that this is... sort of... I don't know ... kinda, ... well, to be honest.... just dull as dishwater. There I said it!...
    Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    ....story itself is a bit ho-hum....
    Quote Originally Posted by antsomarching View Post
    I'm with you on this.
    Well, there are the three people who don't like Saga.....I really don't understand why. Everyone just likes what they like, so it's cool an' all.....I consider Saga the best title going today, maybe ever!

Quote Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
    My mind is boggled at the idea that someone could find this dull....
    Agreed! Is it the beautiful art, the world-building story? "Boggled" is a good word.
    Last edited by JonQCitizen; 11-23-2012 at 01:44 AM.
    Currently collecting: Aphrodite IX, Elephantmen, The Flash, Godzilla, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saga, & Usagi Yojimbo.

Read Saga vol 1 this weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Ooooh Saga discussion thread!

I bought this book on a bit of a whim when it first came out. Said to the guys in the comic book store that I fancied a graphic novel to read, and at the same time, they just said "Saga".

I was a bit put off it after reading the first half a chapter. Thought it'd be a bit too Sci-Fi for me.

Decided to have another crack at it yesterday (having picked up #7 last week). Thought it was brilliant. Think the story is really well written. I'm also a big fan of the artwork.

Will definitely be picking up the rest of the series.
    'Before all hell breaks loose. Before the Hangman's noose. As the sun goes down, I'll say it's a good day to die'.