Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is by far my favorite series right now...
    I love me some Walking Dead, but Saga is what I look forward to most..

Okay, I found the first issue for free in Comixology and decided to give it a whirl. Why not after all? And you know what?

Meh.

Just meh. Not seeing anything too impressive about it. Feels like I read this story plenty of times in the past with all of the themes, ideas, and characters in it that feel very familiar; but doing nothing of particular interest to truly pull me in. I've read plenty of stories before in the past that has a familiar feeling to them (when you read enough Shonen manga, you get the feeling of deja vu after awhile), but there was nothing here that excited me. Characters really didnít do anything to get my attention and dialogue was average(Someone mentioned to me that the dialogue was great, but I didn't find anything noteworthy about it). The pacing was good though, introducing everything quickly and well without dragging its feet. However, the part in the forest felt crammed in, like it sort of belonged in issue 2.

Art wasÖ meh. Nothing really stands out about it and doesnít really capture my eye. Alien design isÖ alright. Iíve seen variations of creatures like these before in the past, so Iím not impressed really. The series is quite violent and brutal to a point where it sort of turns me off, like Hack/Slash or Parastye did in the past. Thereís also a weird and pointless sex scene of humanoid creatures with TVs on their heads. Nothing says mature and sexy like something someone would have drawn on the Internet as a joke.

So in general, this comic really does nothing for me. It worked enough as a first issue, so Iíll grant it that. Otherwise there is just nothing here to appeal to me. Itís just doesnít interest me enough to want to continue. Itís probably the weakest comic Iíve read from Brain K. Vaughn so far (though I have yet to read his Ultimate X-Men material, so perhaps this statement could change). Oh well, at least I also tried Mind the Gap as well.

ANYWAY..

i hope with the news that Vaughan's adaptation of 'Under the Dome' being picked up it doesn't hinder his Saga work.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think we might see "the stalk" again?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Okay, I found the first issue for free in Comixology and decided to give it a whirl. Why not after all? And you know what?

Meh.

...Oh well, at least I also tried Mind the Gap as well.
    That was really interesting. I thought the exact opposite. Only lasted 3 issues of MTG. I found Mind The Gap to be "meh" in the extreme, but Saga spectacular. Each to their own I guess :)
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

Quote Originally Posted by COMIC-NINJAH View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think we might see "the stalk" again?
    Definitely in flashbacks at least. I could see more than that though.

Her name is "The Stalk". A stalk is a supporting or connecting part. It could be possible that there is a hive mind type of situation or some situation where she could be brought back.
    Pull List Saga, Invincible, Walking Dead, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Superior Spidey, Animal Man, Aquaman, Harbinger, X-O Manowar

I just feel like she was playing dead?
    I dunno, could be wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by COMIC-NINJAH View Post
    I just feel like she was playing dead?
    I dunno, could be wishful thinking?
    Well BKV mentioned that she was “deader than dead” recently, but that’s not the last we’d see of her. So I’m pretty sure she’s gone, but we’ll be seeing more of her by way of flashbacks, etc. After all, we’ve got that “The Will”-centric issue coming up (#9?), so I’m sure she’ll have (had) something to do with that.
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    Well BKV mentioned that she was “deader than dead” recently, but that’s not the last we’d see of her. So I’m pretty sure she’s gone, but we’ll be seeing more of her by way of flashbacks, etc. After all, we’ve got that “The Will”-centric issue coming up (#9?), so I’m sure she’ll have (had) something to do with that.
    Could be right, as long as they don't kill "The Will" as fast as "The Stalk" I'll be ok with it..
    He reminds me of a Han Solo kinda guy...

average comic book fan... JonQCitizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    ...BKV mentioned that she was “deader than dead” recently, but that’s not the last we’d see of her. So I’m pretty sure she’s gone, but we’ll be seeing more of her by way of flashbacks, etc. After all, we’ve got that “The Will”-centric issue coming up (#9?), so I’m sure she’ll have (had) something to do with that.
    This is just me thinking wwwaaaayyyy outside the box, but what if she becomes a ghost (like Izabel)? She did die on the planet.....so possible? She could "share consciousness" with Lying Cat? Just a thought....
    Currently collecting: Aphrodite IX, Elephantmen, The Flash, Godzilla, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saga, & Usagi Yojimbo.

Could be for sure, who knows with this series being so young...
    I just felt like she was playing dead for some reason...

I am all for more Stalk, even if only in flashback. I am interested in how it worked, you know...between her and The Will.
    Jk, though its likely we will find out. I now know how robots do it thanks to BkV and Fiona. What a great design though, The Stalk. So cool.

The series is awesome so far. I do hope Stalk comes back. The ghost theory is interesting...

What do you all think about the sword? I have a feeling it is more important that is even hinted so far.

Just bought and read Volume One today. Wow, color me impressed. Might be my new favorite series.

I just found Saga today, read all 7 issues.. Mind=Blown

Yeah I'm new to comics, Yeah the basic concept of the comic isn't new but the world building is great, the narrative from the child is great, art is exactly what it needs to be and the writing is fantastic.

10 more days til #8