Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Jem" Creator Christy Marx Discusses "Sword Of Sorcery's" New Amethyst

TV and comic book writer and "Jem" creator Christy Marxspoke with CBR News about her take on Amethyst and Gemworld for DC Comics' new "Sword Of Sorcery" anthology.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    Christy Marx: "There will be some crossover with the greater DCU. I don't know anything about the backup feature; I am talking to Jeff Lemire about "Justice League Dark" stuff, so you will be seeing her pop up in some other places."
    Amethyst is going to be in Justice League Dark?!

Hot damn, that's awesome! Cannot wait to read it!!

BANNED

I have never read the original Amethyst series but I'm excited for the premise and another female writer working at DC, I hope that she can deliver a good series.

Plus, it seems like this title will connect with Justice League Dark which makes it automatically awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I have never read the original Amethyst series but I'm excited for the premise and another female writer working at DC, I hope that she can deliver a good series.

Plus, it seems like this title will connect with Justice League Dark which makes it automatically awesome.
    Half of what made Amethyst so incredible was the simply lovely art by Ernie Colon. And it must be seen in color. I hope and pray DC releases a new Amethyst compilation in full color.

And Amethyst being in Justice League Dark has made my day!

This line should be highlighted for all to see:

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    Christy Marx: I think anyone who enjoyed "Hunger Games" will enjoy this.
    Hear, hear! Spread the word, people--Amethyst is back and in a big way, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    This line should be highlighted for all to see:

Hear, hear! Spread the word, people--Amethyst is back and in a big way, baby!
    Well if I wasn't sold on this before, I am now!
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

Lets hope she is allowed to. With George Perez being the latest person to have editorial issues-we don't know what book to expect-the one the writer wanted or one that a bad editor wanted.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the good, but we have little to go on for Marx as a creator of comic books.

Hopefully it will be good!
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Amethyst is going to be in Justice League Dark?!

Hot damn, that's awesome! Cannot wait to read it!!
    IMO, Makes sense. JLD should be the central book in the dark line.

Still sounds fun. Bunch of new characters should be interesting. Hopefully some diversity which the Dark Line has been kinda lacking in.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets hope she is allowed to. With George Perez being the latest person to have editorial issues-we don't know what book to expect-the one the writer wanted or one that a bad editor wanted.
    I don't know why you bring George Perez to this thread, but almost every writer have to deal with editorial mandates and what we truly had from Perez was'nt exactly the best.

He was'nt the right person to relaunch the Superman title, his writing style is really dated.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can't really compare George Perez's situation like it's a rule instead of an exception. He was working on Superman, one of DC's top icons. I think editorial would be harder than say Animal Man and Amethyst. Those books have smaller audiences and therefore the writers (Jeff Lemire especially) is given more rope. Batman writers probably have the same scrutiny by editors but Mike Marts seems better at managing things and Scott Snyder has very good ideas.
    The Static case is also different since the editors were trying to boost an audience for a character they wanted to succeed. It failed horribly but Static wasn't a big enough name either that he couldn't have changes made. Rozum had the unfortunate luck to have an editor not see eye to eye with him on anything Static related. I believe that he had worked with Harvey Richards before with no problems at all.

Thumbs up

Looks great. I'm not the target audience, but I have an open mind -- this sounds pretty good.

BANNED

I hope this isn't a generic Sword and the Sorcery kind of book. I tried reading some of the Conan and Red Sonja stuff from Dark Horse and Dynamite, and I'm sorry, but they're generic and dull. I also find Hunger Games to be too over the top, inferior version of other dystopian stories. We'll see though.

Ill give it a shot.

Hopefully the book will be outrageous..truly truly truly outrageous.a fantasy.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Always been a fan of Amethyst and I'll definitely give this new series a shot. Aaron Lopresti on art is definitely a bonus.